It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam Hussein’s CIA Interrogator Says He Tried To Warn Us, But We Didn’t Listen

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Braw,

We were lied to. There were no weapons of mass destruction. Out country's treasure was and is being pissed away, and there is HUGE profits being made. Not a good situation. Obama couldn't find his --- with both hands when it comes to foreign policy, he made crap situation much much worse.

Keep in mind this is my opinion and I am on the outside looking in.

Would you say the same if tomorrow they march against the Iran? They got few months away to get the nuke…. Right?

Errrrr since 90’s.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Syphone

The problem is the news has been weaponized. What is true, what is propaganda?

I think it would be more lies. The Iranian people want to be free, not an enemy of the US.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Look at the whole middle east, sadly you need a iron fist to keep these warring tribal lunatics in order if you want something that resembles a civilized country

That's what's starting to happen to the US unfortunately. A tribal mindset created by right-wing psychos.

link   
It was a mistake in the same way that removing Gaddafi was. They may not have been nice guys but they kept a sort of order. Lots more boats full of "refugees" making their way to Europe from the Libyan coasts since the Gaddafi regime was removed is one negative consequence of western intervention, and unfettered Islamic savagery is another.
edit on 1-1-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: seasonal

Evidently, this guy, Nixon, admired the dictator because he had ruled a country that was would have been chaotic region instead. So, Saddam was a Hitler-like guy on a small scale. Nixon, a CIA man of some position, is fine with such tactics as long as the concept of government (at any cost) proves itself effective if not brutal?

How many governments and leaders have used that same policy to rule.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Dude, I was telling people back before we invaded Iraq why it was a big mistake. Hussein and his family really were psychopaths as individual leaders, but they were also keeping a larger array of psychos at bay.
Oh c'mon...Strong man theory? If all that were true, then it would have happened when Tito died, too.

Uh, where were you in the 90's? The whole place DID fall apart and half the new republics ended up warring and killing each other to the point NATO had to step in a few times. And they remain pretty radical/resentful, and poor to this day, with the exceptions of Slovenia and Croatia. The 2008 crash made things even worse.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

a reply to: 727Sky

You would think we would have found them.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here’s a quote from the Washington Post (9/4/13, “When the US looked the other way on chemical weapons”): “…The administrations of Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush authorized the sale to Iraq of numerous items…including poisonous chemicals and deadly biological viruses, such as anthrax and bubonic plague…”

Between 1985 and 1989, a US 501C3 firm, American Type Culture Collection, sent Iraq up to 70 shipments of various biowar agents, including 21 strains of anthrax.

Between 1984 and 1989, the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) sent Iraq at least 80 different biowar agents, including botulinum toxoid, dengue virus, and West Nile antigen and antibody.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Yep,

"I don't have all the facts, but the police acted stupidly".

That right winger Obama.....
edit on 1-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I'm not sure I agree with your opinion. In the very small bite we got of Nixon's book, I think he disliked Saddam but saw how he ruled a torn up region.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

a reply to: Syphone

The problem is the news has been weaponized.

We need to fix this problem. Media credentials are too easy to get.

Too many special interest news companies out there.

The damage they do to the world is incalculable.

The real war is for hearts and minds...

These media moguls understand this.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Dude, I was telling people back before we invaded Iraq why it was a big mistake. Hussein and his family really were psychopaths as individual leaders, but they were also keeping a larger array of psychos at bay.
Oh c'mon...Strong man theory? If all that were true, then it would have happened when Tito died, too.

Uh, where were you in the 90's? The whole place DID fall apart and half the new republics ended up warring and killing each other to the point NATO had to step in a few times. And they remain pretty radical/resentful, and poor to this day, with the exceptions of Slovenia and Croatia. The 2008 crash made things even worse.

Yes. Kinda my point.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

This is something that is not new...watch blackhawk down and you see the somalian war lord stating the same thing to the american soldier..

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I personally think that we should have created 3 bordered regions within Iraq for the Sunni, Shiite, and Kurds... so they can each establish their own platforms. There is no end game to the fighting if they've been at each others throats as it is for centuries. This single reality is why a strong rule of people is required as compared to a democracy. If each faction had its own borders to reside within, you can lean more towards a democracy setting.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
I personally think that we should have created 3 bordered regions within Iraq for the Sunni, Shiite, and Kurds... so they can each establish their own platforms. There is no end game to the fighting if they've been at each others throats as it is for centuries. This single reality is why a strong rule of people is required as compared to a democracy. If each faction had its own borders to reside within, you can lean more towards a democracy setting.

I think 'creating countries/regions' by outside forces played a big role in this whole mess. Mostly those were obviously done on a map thus splitting up countries that had grown naturally if you will. It also happened with no regard for the people living in those regions, so often times bitter enemies found themselfes to be lumped together into one of those arctificial countries.
It is not surprising that it didn't work well unless you rule with an iron fist.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

a reply to: jellyrev

There is vastly more than we know going on.

3 weapon of mass D, that were never found

See, this is the part I don't get. We keep hearing the WMD's were never found, but this isn't true. Now, bear with me here for a moment...

The "WMD's were never found" is a word-smithing exercise. The real sentence should say "The WMD's manufactured by the Iraqi's were never found". Oh they found WMD's in Iraq alright, they found lots and lots of them! In fact, one of the first things the military did when they got to Baghdad was to station troops to guard them...and they were heavily guarded too. They were in such a state of disrepair (the WMD's) they weren't sure what to do with them. They couldn't move them for fear of unleashing the contents (mostly nerve agents as I understand it). I never did hear what happened to them in the end, but they were there alright.

The problem was, they weren't manufactured by the Iraqi's...they were manufactured by the US and allies and given to the Iraqi's decades before.

This isn't some new revelation either, these news stories have been out there for a long time, and there's tons of them for anyone caring to look. Yet we keep hearing "no WMD's were ever found". They were, they very much were found.

I guess the headline "US and western WMD's Located in Iraq" would have made for a pretty unsavory headline for all sorts of people.

Meh.

edit on 1/1/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yup. I wondered why we even got involved with those hotheads over there, we should have let Saddam take care of his own country. Look at how it took down our country after that, we are fighting a losing battle with groups that like to kill others. In fact, we supported some of the groups initially that we are now fighting.

Why is the word Intelligence in the name of the Intelligence agency?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Because we the American People have failed to do our part and hold our government accountable and demand transparency and to adopt a " less is more " concept in the size of the government and it's activities.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

My take how about we dump the Middle East Refugees into Bush's ranch estate?

Due to Bush taking out Saddam Hussein and destroying the Middle East, I say he pays for it by having refugees reside on his ranch which as a lot of acres.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

The Tyrants in Saudi Arabia said that invading Iraq was the start of opening the gates of Hell in that region.
Now look at it, from Iraq to Syria, it is a mess.

This is the result of the best and brightest minds in think tanks and defense industry we have in this country that took us here.
How come they did not see this happening?

I still see people crying we need to go take ISIS out and then go after Iran next.
These type of people never learn.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Actually, it was done by design. I already linked to the 1996 Israeli report "A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm". One of its stated goals says for Israel to "Work closely with Turkey and Jordan to contain, destabilize, and roll-back some of its most dangerous threats." It's not a coincidence that Israel's allies started attacking, destabilizing, and "containing" its enemies during the War on Terror.

Israel & its allies are still following that gameplan. The point was that the countries in the region must be weakened until they could no longer challenge Israel. That's why we keep destroying those countries then leaving them in shambles. How can you fight a well financed and high tech opponent when you're emaciated through sanctions, have been disarmed, have had your facilities and manufacturing base destroyed, and are busy fighting your own constituents?

It's also not a coincidence that during the current Syrian Civil War, Syria was forced to give up its chemical weapons by Russia & the Obama administration. Those chemical weapons were Syria's deterrents to Israel's nuclear arsenal. Now, even if Assad somehow clings to power, Israel's Syrian enemy has been neutered. Of course, the Syrian War is about much more than that. But in no way are our Middle Eastern wars being waged because of ignorance.

edit on 1-1-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join