It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Post Stirs Fear After False Report Of Power Grid Hack By Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: network dude

Keep it going Democrats, this is your legacy. Embrace it.

And snarky, blanket generalizations like the above is one of the top reasons we continue to remain divided in this nation. Just can't talk about anything affecting all of America without blaming a specific group of Americans, can we? Keep that hate flowing; that's the true message here. The rest of your OP was actually halfway decent. Too bad you just couldn't seem to resist the little childish, petty jab at the end.

People like you are why we remain divided in this country. Always peering down for your high horse sitting on a pedestal telling everyone else how wrong they are.

Aww look at you, trying out a new ad hom. That's adorable. Feel better? There is no "pedestal", Sparky. Let's not get it twisted. Simply common human decency.

Just like your spiteful attack on my character as a person, quoted above, blaming an entire group of Americans for a news story that was retracted with an apology after the fact is both ridiculous and unnecessary. I know a three year old who has better restraint than that.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Yeah, I was compelled to do a full analysis on NBC's coverage I happened to see, but only half-arsed it:

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: queenofswords

Hasn't stopped NBC, from one hour ago:
www.nbcnews.com...

Total information war, Trump trying to give Putin a lap dance, Hillary's "17 intelligence agencies" lie repeated in the video report, and so on.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yes, he is, calling China on what they have been doing to the US with their currency manipulation, but economically China have more to lose than we do.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

but economically China have more to lose than we do.

So does Russia.

There is still some serious damage China could do to us.
edit on 1-1-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

This administration is indeed transparent

What does the administration have to do with a factually incorrect news story?

Not sure what democrats have to do with it either.

Also, are you inferring that their legacy is one of honesty and willingness to correct their mistakes? That seems to be what the WaPo did in this case.

Come on dude, you can read.

So there you have it. Fake news meant to offer validity to the "Russian Hacking" narrative. It's uncanny how this was called from the get go.

This was a ploy to offer validity to the Russian Hacking narrative. As I said in the OP. It's my opinion, and I am fully allowed to have it and offer it here.

If you don't see that the same way, I understand, having such strong partisan blinders on, it's hard to see things clearly sometimes.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
There is a difference between 'fake news' and making a mistake, but apparently there is no longer such a thing as "investigative journalism". It's mostly gossip and opinion.

The Washington Post, (and CNN where I saw it) need to verify a story before they print it. Those days are over, and obviously we will need to be skeptical about everything we read until somebody has the wherewithal to investigate and the integrity to insist one's stories be fact.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Anything that any country does to US economy will have repercussions as we are entangle in a global economy,

the 2008 market crash is testimony of that, China ties to the US economy where exposed.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Russian hackers are real and are in the US.

I always start my morning with yogurt, fresh fruit, and mineral water.

But Russians hacked my breakfast.

Eating leftover shrimp and drinking Bloody Mary's.

That damned Putin!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

And snarky, blanket generalizations like the above is one of the top reasons we continue to remain divided in this nation. Just can't talk about anything affecting all of America without blaming a specific group of Americans, can we? Keep that hate flowing; that's the true message here. The rest of your OP was actually halfway decent. Too bad you just couldn't seem to resist the little childish, petty jab at the end.

If you can't see the damage being done by the party you pimp for, then I sure as hell can't help you. I'd like very much if present day Democrats would abandon the "I'm way smarter than a bunch of rednecks" attitude and move more towards a unification ideal. I think "we" would be more effective than US vs THEM. But until the superior attitude is removed, and a bit of Esprit-de corps is shown about this Country, I personally don't have any time for you or your party. I know in Washington, the US vs THEM thing is more of a side show than a reality, it's all about $ there. But here, in the real world, your actions and words are seen and heard. And not forgotten.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Yes, I can, and following your logic it would make the admin, the Democrats and their media mouthpieces honest enough to admit their mistakes.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
They find malware on a laptop not even connected to the grid system, and instantly the Washington Compost starts pushing the Russian hacker narrative.

Just imagine WW3 being started by a hacker living in his moms basement trying to steal peoples credit card numbers. It's not so far fetched at this point.

edit on 1-1-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Yes, I can, and following your logic it would make the admin, the Democrats and their media mouthpieces honest enough to admit their mistakes.

Yea, I wonder how long it would have taken to verify this story before publishing it.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Info wars AGAIN.

That site needs to be banned like before it's news.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Yea, I wonder how long it would have taken to verify this story before publishing it.

That's a fair question. Modern journalism in general is lacking in patience and integrity, and overflowing with bias.

The irony in all this is that you used a source that is well-known for producing BS, to highlight the BS of another outlet.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Info wars AGAIN.

That site needs to be banned like before it's news.

Could you explain with sources how this article is fake? Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

That's a fair question. Modern journalism in general is lacking in patience and integrity, and overflowing with bias.

The irony in all this is that you used a source that is well-known for producing BS, to highlight the BS of another outlet.

Yes, and I have said many times, the source is not the biggest part of news, it's the validity of the story. As you can see from the irony of the OP, and since you pointed it out, it appears you did recognize it.

When Alex Jones is pointing out the NY Times for fake news, it's a tiny bit beyond asking "is there a problem here?"

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I like your narrative. The fact that The Washington Post misreported this story and failed in its duty of due diligence in investigative reporting speaks volumes about the quality and reliability of the publication. A retraction or correction of the story does not have the same impact of the initial headline and it's implications. The fact that Bezo's owns the Post and has a $600 million deal with the CIA presents a real danger to the entire MSM and the American people.

The "fake news" narrative is taking root and the MSM is rapidly becoming the ironic target of its own creation. The MSM needs to come clean and reveal the fact that their purported journalists are generally nothing more than thinly disguised political apparatchiks pushing the corporate party line. The fact that the MSM has been highly partisan to the DNC and Hillary exposed the great lie to the half of the country that is Conservative and engaged that we no longer have a free and objective press.

When we fully discredit the MSM, where will we get our news and how will we be able to trust these news sources? A nations press is too important to be entrusted to people with ties to governments and the CIA, we need to lobby against and oppose extremist owners on both the left and the right....#Freethepress!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

Exactly, you get it. Like when a lawyer says something in court he knows full well will be objected, and upheld, but the importance of saying it for the Jury to hear has already done it's intended damage. In this case, the only purpose was to strengthen the narrative that Russia hacks us and they are the bad man. I have no doubt they do hack us, and we hack them, it's espionage, and it's been going on for millennia. We just need to be told when to get mad, and how mad to act.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Nothing to worry about. Once again Trump says he has information 'no one else knows' about the alleged hacking. So there you have it. He has his own personal intelligence sources that are far more accurate than the established ones. Everything will get cleared-up shortly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join