It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargate - Movie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
No it's not recent but who cares. Not I.

This is one of the best movies of all times imho.

Now if only they would bring back the series.

The Ark of Truth was great.

but the copy is crap.

Now to find a machine, or a tear in the fabric of time..

edit on 1-1-2017 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

The series was great.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

The film is good but the series was so much better, can anyone get bored of Daniel Jackson dying?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I love it and own it. 👍🏼

Timecop was a good one as well, so was Time Machine.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

damn right bro

best movie.. and when they canned even Atlantis, i wanted to break noses..

i hate youtube btw should have them. melinda was mine, till i found her..

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The movie and series are both really good.
Atlantis was enjoyable until the wraith were beat.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I am watching SG1 now! I'm on season 8. I love this show. I enjoy binge watching it for months! My son loves it asks to watch it. He likes Thor and will get excited when it's Thor in a scene. He will say "awe the Asgardian" it's so cute!

The movie is one of my favorites. I love it. The whole theory of Stargates fascinates me. I believe they exist and I tend to lean to the side that something like an SGC exists within our government. How would we ever know they were not doing something like this behind our backs? They poke a lot of fun at mainstream culture and theories in the show. It makes me chuckle. I also enjoyed Stargate Atlantis cut could not for the life of me get into Universe. It was so boring.

My favorite characters of the SG realm are Daniel Jackson, Jack, Thor, Rodney McKay and Shepherd. Teal'C is also great!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

The film is good but the series was so much better, can anyone get bored of Daniel Jackson dying?

Daniel Jackson is the best! Nope never get bored lol I do cry every time he gets hit with that radiation and just ascends. I didn't know when I first saw the show that he was coming back. When he appeared in an episode where jack is talking to him (I think Jack wasn't under some influence can't remember) I yelled excitedly! I was happy when he finally came back after being gone an entire season!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

They sent out a call for extras in Arizona while I lived there. That would have been epic to be in the film!! Charging down the sand dune and being shot by a staff...

Classic movie!!! Never too late to give a little loving. I was just getting into Universe when it was cancelled. Back when the channel was sci-fi...

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

If they bring back the series now, the new creators might butcher it. Just look at ghost busters.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

If they bring back the series now, the new creators might butcher it. Just look at ghost busters.

I think there was talk of a reboot movie and tv series, I will not watch either even if they get good reviews.

If it 'aint broke don't fix it.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Like Buffy the producers were able to see past a poor movie. I'm very glad they did as I really enjoyed the series and its' spin offs.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Amazing the personas lol..h working hard today

The best I've seen.

Great Series!
edit on 1-1-2017 by ScreamingNinjas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I read recently that a new movie was coming and planned to probably be a sequel to the original movie.If they could get Kurt Russel and James Spader it would be worth doing.Understood it not to be set in stone yet,could follow the tv series.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

If those guys were in it I would watch it. Spacer has grown a bit though.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
best place to hide the truth is in plain sight stargate was a documentary

i have the entire collection on a HD an binge watch 2 or 3 times a year.
it has a few slow and silly episodes but in all fantastic writing and perfect casting
not sure i could take to a reboot not sure i could handle the core cast be it sg1 atlantis or universe
played by anyone else.

OT anyone else think Claudia black played Vala Mal Doran and officer Aeryn Sun as the same character in a different uniform

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Love, love this stuff!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ShayneJUK She did,still enjoyed the show.I do think the first few years were by far the best.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Thank youeveryone for your responses!

The show wouldn't be the same without the crew but I like you guys never tire from watching the series now and then.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShayneJUK
OT anyone else think Claudia black played Vala Mal Doran and officer Aeryn Sun as the same character in a different uniform

Not as much as it seemed Ben Browder played Cam Mitchell and John Crichton as kind of the same character in different clothes
Claudia did deviate from Aeryn to play Vala, more sneaky and definitely with more questionable ethics and morals, at least at the start. Mitchell and Crichton were played much more similarly in most regards right out of the gate, IMO, but both were just different from each other enough to NOT echo each other through and through.

I think the ability to pull these 2, having previously worked together on Farscape with an established character/interaction chemistry, and have them not only work as cast & character n00bs, but totally nail being completely new, different characters together on a different show shows they're exceptional actors. Very underrated ones at that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join