It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3,000 years ago, it ruled the Mideast, now blown to pieces Nimrud

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
As a Lebanese born atheist, anyone who knows my posts knows I'm not a violent man.. But I would happily see every member of ISIS, male or female, strung up.

And those that destroy these priceless antiquities are nothing short of animals.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. All religion is filth. IMHO
edit on 1-1-2017 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This is going to be a long, long fight I'm afraid.

I believe it's part of a cosmic cycle. Human beings just can't live with themselves sometimes -- even with the evidence of their greatest achievements, like civilization and enlightenment. We hate ourselves as much as we love ourselves. That is why we blow up our own likenesses -- in my opinion. It is not just people's brains addled with iconoclastic theology. Brain-addling theologies come from the fact that we both love and hate who we are.

If only we could just have a little more balanced view of ourselves, maybe we wouldn't use bombs so much.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit
And Europe was once pagan, South America was once pagan, the middle east was once pagan... in fact the entire world was. See a pattern here? Christianity isn't any better. Abrahamic faiths have a tendency to destroy cultures.

<< 1   >>

join