It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen Elizabeth will not attend today's New Year's Day service

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I hope she's ok.

If she dies it will mess up the TV for weeks with national mourning and flower throwing.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Here's my take on her stopping public appearances...

MI6 or whatever Intel/Counter Terrorism ops in England are... they are keeping the Queen out of harm's-way deliberately

see the Monday Link: www.dailymail.co.uk...

STORY: ISIS is plotting ‘mass casualty’ chemical attack on Britain, warns minister as he calls on citizens to help identify 'the enemy within' 

just the act of keeping the Queen under wraps... with a planted 'heavy cold' excuse... tends to reduce the risk of an attack

If she were out there parading in-public... the risks rise for a terror attack.. as the perps would be plotting the easiest location to launch an attack... but with the present policy of seclusion, the Jihad perps have no such target and must engineer-manipulate a high-interest place to target without the crowds the Queen would reasonably draw

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Yes but would they still want to come if there was no monarchy, would people still go to the nou camp if barca was no more, or the Vatican if there was no pope. I think the numbers would drop in all cases. Plus you would have to pay more to make all this accessible to Joe public thus increasing expenditure again.

People still visit Madame Tussauds..Just stick up a wax works of her waving from the balcony.
edit on 2-1-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Yes but would they still want to come if there was no monarchy, would people still go to the nou camp if barca was no more, or the Vatican if there was no pope. I think the numbers would drop in all cases. Plus you would have to pay more to make all this accessible to Joe public thus increasing expenditure again.

Considerably more people visit the palace of versailles than Buckingham Palace. Lack of actual breathing royals doesn't seem to hurt.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

ok i will meet you half way lets just do that, but as long as we have her in her lizard form next to her...

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

People still visit Madame Tussauds..Just stick up a wax works of her waving from the balcony.

Are you 100% sure they haven't already done that?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

And sorry but I and other Australians paying out a few million on a couple holidaying or baby presents is bad enough for us. Even worse when the majority of Australians don't like it, want the royals gone but hey as usual the government does what suits them instead of what the people who emply them want.

Who told you that nonsense ?

In the last poll conducted 55% of Australians wanted to keep the Monarchy.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Those who want rid are mainly Australians who are from a non British ancestry. No surprise there.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Is she dead yet? I want my extra bankholiday .

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Considerably more people visit the palace of versailles than Buckingham Palace. Lack of actual breathing royals doesn't seem to hurt.

I daresay they'd get more tourists if they punted the Saxe-Coburg's off to a council house and opened the residences.up, personal chambers and all, to the public...
edit on 2/1/17 by djz3ro because: Posting error

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: ScepticScot

I daresay they'd get more tourists if they punted the Saxe-Coburg's off to a council house and opened the residences.up, personal chambers and all, to the public...

Exactly, tourists don't come to see the royals, they come to see the the buildings and the general pomp and tradition that goes with them.

None of which requires a royal head of state.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Can i just ask.. wtf is with the biritish people and their queen? Or just the royals in general? They represent a broken system of monarchy and opression. A system that is ruled by a family that is constantly entitled to wealth and power without earning it.

It seems like every damn brit has been brainwashed into loving their beloved royals for no real reason.

edit on 3-1-2017 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Can i just ask.. wtf is with the biritish people and their queen? Or just the royals in general? They represent a broken system of monarchy and opression. A system that is ruled by a family that is constantly entitled to wealth and power without earning it.

It seems like every damn brit has been brainwashed into loving their beloved royals for no real reason.

Not necessarily true. I for one dont love the queen and her family, nor do i hate them. In fact, i kinda pity them as they really dont have the freedom their own subjects enjoy. Yip, They have money, lots and lots of money, but very little freedom.
Can you imagine not being able to go for a wander of your own free will in your own Kingdom without having first to make arrangments with head of security then have that same security tail your every move.? The royal family are basically prisoners everywhere they go.

Oh, and they dont really oppress anyone. The Government does that. I would go as far as to say they are the ones who are the oppressed. What good is Money when you have very little (real) freedom to enjoy it.
edit on 3-1-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Not all of us, don't forget about those 'rebellious Scots' they sing about crushing in the second verse of "our" national anthem, we really aren't fans of the royals. I'd like to see a reality show where they take the Royals and put them in a housing estate on benefits for a year, if they succeed, unaided, they get their place back as unelected figureheads, if they fail they repeat it, season after season until they succeed....

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Not necessarily true. I for one dont love the queen and her family, nor do i hate them. In fact, i kinda pity them as they really dont have the freedom their own subjects enjoy. Yip, They have money, lots and lots of money, but very little freedom.
Can you imagine not being able to go for a wander of your own free will in your own Kingdom without having first to make arrangments with head of security then have that same security tail your every move.? The royal family are basically prisoners everywhere they go.

I hadn't considered it this way before and you're right, in a lot of ways they really don't have much freedom.

What good is Money when you have very little (real) freedom to enjoy it.

I guess. They don't seem to be suffering though. I mean it must be really hard being able to traverse the globe on a whim at the taxpayers expense, being invited to the most lavish parties in the world and hosting them too. Plus I'm sure they get given much better freebies than your average actor, musician or sports star, who get lavish things free of charge, just for being famous...

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

What you said about a "broken system" and "oppression" make me think of what we have here in the States. Our Federal gov't is corrupt and I'm not convinced it will get better come January 20th. Our system is ruled by elites who believe that OUR money belongs to them. Our so-called representatives even vote themselves pay raises all the time.

We the people have to practically beg for what rightfully belongs to us....meaning a fair share of the wages that WE (not the elites) have worked hard for. We deserve the right to be truthfully represented and that those in charge aren't out to make a quick buck no matter who gets hurt.

I lost track of how many times I wished that we could revert back to the Monarchy. I am proud of my British ancestry and would gladly trade what we have for HM the Queen.

I don't know if the populist movement will have an impact on whether or not the Monarchy will remain, but I do hope that HM will make a full recovery from whatever this is (bad cold, pneumonia, whatever). And, when Charles eventually becomes King I think he will do a better job than most of his detractors think.

God save the Queen!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Lol.
You have such a funny idea of britain.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandy555

PVR your stuff now, make sure your Nextflix account is paid up, get The Movie Network or HBO and a Android box.
Problem solved.
You're welcome.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cynic
a reply to: Mandy555

PVR your stuff now, make sure your Nextflix account is paid up, get The Movie Network or HBO and a Android box.
Problem solved.
You're welcome.

I don't know what those things are

I'm old.

What is this netflix of which people ta!k?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join