It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen Elizabeth will not attend today's New Year's Day service

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Link to prove her home had a £369m facelift please? As far as I recall, it was Buckingham Palace that had work done on it, and even then that was funded by profits from the Crown Estate.

Buckingham Palace to get £369m refurbishment

Buckingham Palace is to undergo a 10-year refurbishment costing the taxpayer £369m, the Treasury has announced.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
anyone into remote viewing??
if so this might of interest to you...

the part that is relevant to this discussion would be around the 20 minute mark...

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

It would be spent If we had a royal family or not.
It needs doing tbh.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Just been announced on ITV News

Queen is up and about

Edit to Add :-

She did not attend today's public appointment as a precautionry measure ... said Palace Spokeperson
edit on 1-1-2017 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
If this was real you would think that somebody or some group has planned to disrupt the POTUS inaug. Which wouldn't be a surprise and almost predictable.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
They cost the British tax payer over £300 million a year.

Only if you believe the calculatons of an organisation that wants a republic. However, the cost of the monarchy is more than covered by the Crown Estate, whose income goes into the coffers of the Treasury.

A significant majority of the UK support the monachy. The UK is not going to become a republic any time soon. Thank God, can you imagine a President Blair, or a President Farage?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite
How would an event in a foreign country three weeks before the inauguration disrupt the inauguration? If the events were simultaneous, they would be in competition for news coverage, but that would only be distraction, not disruption.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

May be news to you but many don't give a toss about Trump.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
the video also makes a statement about the queen... that's why a said the relevant portion of the video was around the 20 minute mark...
but ya, it also talks about something that sounds like the inauguration.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Poor queenie has a cold.
I done a funny to make her feel better.
If she clicky linky I get bitcoin!!!

supload.com...

edit on 1-1-2017 by Mandy555 because: Out damn typo

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

May be news to you but many don't give a toss about Trump.
He your savor you just don't know it yet!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: Caver78

Most of us are in the UK just whingy Scots and such don't.
75% of us still want the queen.

There are far more anarchists in England then there is in Scotland....

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Just found this tweet ... it explains everything

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Only if you believe the calculatons of an organisation that wants a republic. However, the cost of the monarchy is more than covered by the Crown Estate, whose income goes into the coffers of the Treasury.

A significant majority of the UK support the monachy. The UK is not going to become a republic any time soon. Thank God, can you imagine a President Blair, or a President Farage?

Really? It seems around 50% of comments on sycophantic rags like the Daily Mail are not in favour anymore, people have had enough.

I don't care whether we have a president or not but the principle of having a head of state who's there purely due to some genetic jackpot is just wrong in this day and age.

As regards the Queen's health, she is 90 and is going to die soon. Then there will surely be much public debate. The ironic thing is even many monarchists don't want Charles and Camilla as King and Queen....it's almost as if they want to choose instead of it being a hereditary system.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Which is what I said. So thanks for repeating that.

And sorry but I and other Australians paying out a few million on a couple holidaying or baby presents is bad enough for us.
Even worse when the majority of Australians don't like it, want the royals gone but hey as usual the government does what suits them instead of what the people who emply them want.

Just a typical democracy.

They're rich enough to pay for their own holidays. If someone on minimum wage has to pay for their vacations, then these bloody royals should also. They do nothing for us and it is far from deserved.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Whilst I am no fan of the institution of the monarchy, I wish our Queen the speediest recovery.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: woogleuk

Link to prove her home had a £369m facelift please? As far as I recall, it was Buckingham Palace that had work done on it, and even then that was funded by profits from the Crown Estate.

Buckingham Palace to get £369m refurbishment

Buckingham Palace is to undergo a 10-year refurbishment costing the taxpayer £369m, the Treasury has announced.

I think you misunderstand, I asked for a link to prove HER home had a £369m facelift. You provided a link that shows a piece of state/national property had some refurbishment done paid for by the crown estate. That is not her, or any of the royals home.

The Queen owns two homes, Sandringham House in Norfolk, and Balmoral Castle in Aberdeenshire.
edit on 2/1/17 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

ehh, actually in Scotland there is a protestant football team that sing God Save The Queen at every game, every Masonic hall in Scotland plays God save the Queen at Midnight, Scotland voted to stay in Britain and Voted to stay in the EU.
I dont want a monarchy because i believe in equality, but if you asked any Rangers fan if they want a queen, they would say GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.
You should get your facts right, if you believe that its just Scots that want rid of the Queen, then you are easily influenced by the mutter in the gutter.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

a reply to: dawnstar

The next in line is Charles regardless of his divorce , when the Queen passes he will be King although he has already said he won't be King Charles because of the history of that name.

King Jughead it is then... That

This is as ridiculous as the reigning Monarch being able to celebrate their Birthday in June if their birthday is in colder months to allowore of the peasants to enjoy the occasion. Lizzy's Birthday is in April yet she still elected to have 2 birthdays....

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

And the crown estate would continue to provide funds to the treasury even without a hereditary head of state so not really an argument for keeping the royals.

Even worse one is the 'would you want a president Tony or Nigel' if one of those delightful gentlemen had been first born of Queen Elizabeth then we wouldnt have a choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join