It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Shoe On The Side Of The Road

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandy555
Weird stuff.

Once, when I was young and drunk, I lost a shoe.
Just one.
I missed it loads. 4" stilletto heel 'do me shoes'.

And today someone wrote me a poem, about me being a bag lady with one shoe.

Synchronicity, or what???
Yeah and just recently off of a bike/walking trail we were riding on, on a picnic table by the river was a black stiletto heel shoe, we thought it was a weird place to find "a lone shoe".

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Hidinout

Oh!!!..my shoe....

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Is it possible some may be the "calling card" of a murderer?
It gives one some creepy ideas to ponder.
Is there a possible correlation between single shoes on the side of the road and missing persons?
edit on 1-1-2017 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Shoe prints can be used as evidence when found at the crime scene. Criminals will dispose of the shoes shortly after committing the deed. There was a book in the 90's that actually detailed how to get away with murder. It suggested tossing your shoes one at a time while on the highway.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skeeball
Shoe prints can be used as evidence when found at the crime scene. Criminals will dispose of the shoes shortly after committing the deed. There was a book in the 90's that actually detailed how to get away with murder. It suggested tossing your shoes one at a time while on the highway.
That's the trigger. I am going to start collecting. There could be valuable forensic evidence that could help solve a crime. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Skeeball

Wow... that never dawned on me. Good grief!! Now I'm really going to feel freaked out the next time I sight a lone shoe.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
First time I have heard of this being considered paranormal??

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheHag
First time I have heard of this being considered paranormal??
It is curious and unusual. Nobody said they were ghost or alien footwear left in single units in random places. I just see a pattern that is odd. I believe that fits the definition of paranormal.
I will dig into this. It may be completely mundane. It may be a portal into a whole new rabbit hole.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Yall crack me up... got me rofl at some of your comments.

Maybe it's a little message from above when we see only one shoe on the side of the road...

If the shoe fits wear it

For whatever your going through in life atm...maybe it could apply ?

leolady

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Skeeball

an alternate school of thought opines : "burn everything you were wearing "

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Some of these shoes probably belonged to children like Hansel and Gretel that were being fattened up.
That footprint on the moon comes to mind.
Do you believe the Apollo program actually risked astronauts lives to have them walk on the moon?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Start picking them up.
We can rent a space and make a
"single shoe" museum.
Every piece must be dated and it's location noted.
edit on 2-1-2017 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Hidinout

I've read about this before! I was somewhat fascinated with it a few years ago!

In answer to the OP: We have this in England too. I'm not sure we have coyotes to run off with them, but maybe a badger or a fox? They're always very tatty. Maybe it's where shoes go to live out their retirement.
Honestly though, I figure people just chuck 'em when they're drunk/bored/can't be bothered to find a bin. Or their pals steal 'em and out the window they go on a road trip. My friendship circle was largely boys when I was a teen, and I can see that.

Could also be a Portkey, but I'm not sure the side of the road is the least conspicuous of places.

And shoes from a wire definitely mean something different where I'm from...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
having thought about this thread - i started to " take notes " as i drove over the last week

and just my annecdotes but here in the UK

shoes seem to be rare

gloves

builders helmets

hi-viz waistcoats

dominate the ` spotted on the road side ` observations

thats just me - one week [ 430km driven around the NW of england ]
edit on 9-1-2017 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Finding underwear randomly out there somewhere used to be a weird one... then of course understanding the need to poop happens just as unexpectedly as finding the underwear; and it becomes likely that it took one for the team, and became the toilet paper that people typically don't carry around with them.

I suppose; those going "commando" can utilize that; rather unfortunate and unexpected turn of the bowels; as war paint to complete their outfit.

edit on 10-1-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: clar.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Finding underwear randomly out there somewhere used to be a weird one... then of course understanding the need to poop happens just as unexpectedly as finding the underwear; and it becomes likely that it took one for the team, and became the toilet paper that people typically don't carry around with them.

I suppose; those going "commando" can utilize that; rather unfortunate and unexpected turn of the bowels; as war paint to complete their outfit.

I was fishing on the bayou with my brother a while back and we found about a dozen pairs of gargantua size panties scattered about the bank. My visions of what may have happened were disturbing.

edit on 10-1-2017 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Maybe the person ended up as a size 9 after all that unloading? Urban legends say John Wayne had over 20lbs or 1.4 stone of impacted feces in his bowels when he died; bare in mind or bare down; 20lbs weighs the same as 2 gallons or 7.4 liters of milk.

Of course your screen name and location you mentioned makes me think of some strange swamp tails err I mean tales... as if several pairs of parachute panties isn't odd enough.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Michet

Thanks to your post; I learned from handkerchief color codes; I am a 'top' and into 'fisting'. Could today get any better?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Michet
Perhaps this is how Amish gangs commemorate their dead?!
I've tossed a guys shoes over the power lines to exact revenge.
He peed on me while I was throwing up.
What goes around comes around.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join