It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to communicate online with people inside " War Zones" in the Middle East ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I ran across some videos recently where people from Aleppo , Syria were making post to Twitter . Sure many of you have seen them . www.businessinsider.com... (there very sad to say the least)

I always assumed people from these type of areas didn't hardly have electricity let along the Internet. That being said is there any type of blog, website, chatroom, etc. Where you can talk to these people directly. As heart breaking as it would be to talk those under these situations , it would be nice to talk directly to those who are there, opposed to depending on the Mainstream Media for all your information. If nothing else just give them a kind word and let them know they are not forgotten .

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

My understanding is that people over there posting stuff in social media like Twitter, and regimes such as Erdogan's censoring them for this very kind of reason, is a pretty big thing.

So, yes! (until their overlords mute them anyways)
edit on 1-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleFire

It is simple if you can read and write their language, so you can type back. Much of the material in he threads in my signature are from the very people fighting those battles front line.

If you go to any of the twitter feeds related to that battle zone, can be anywhere not just the mid east, you will material posted from people there. Than you just go to followers, you would need to be signed into their account. You may see a mix of followers from all around the world. The languages in arabic are very likely by people in one of those countries, or nearby. I don't know if Kurds speak arabic, and some people in either Syria or Iraq will speak different languages.

Thats where it gets difficult to communicate. The portal to speak with them is open, but you got to know what they are saying!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleFire

Respective governments will still abuse your data. Just like yesterday/tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Without power and the internet infrastructure of course they can't!

To suggest otherwise is just idiotic.

The only ones who can get info out are those with a vehicle to recharge batteries and of course, a really cool satellite ground station.

Now, guess who can provide the cool satellite stuff.

P

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I would be very careful to whom you speak. You never know who will be on the other side of that chat. Get the wrong one talking and you may have a visit from the alphabet soup. Next thing you know you will be branded a traitor to the USA and end up with a very bad day.

Believe me I understand it would be nice to get news from the people living through the mess instead of from lame stream media or the alphabet soup idiots but you will be playing a risky game of chance that will be gambling not only your life and freedom but your families as well.

In other words. Keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut. Might just be safer that way. That is not meant to be rude, so I'm sorry if I offend, but the truth is the truth, and our exiting presidential joke is doing everything in his power to make life for the next 4 years harder on not only President Trump, but also the American people and the world.

All I'm saying is yes. You can find people over there reporting on the net. But just please be careful. The world has become a dark and scary place and I wouldn't be surprised at anything.

Good luck to you and happy New year.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Go on liveleak and click on the Syria channel, Some of the uploaders there are posting directly from Aleppo.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Another way of communicating with people within "war zones" might be via HAM (amateur) radio. An FCC licensed operator can transmit/receive with operators based in any other country, and even pass third-party messages (with some restrictions). This wasn't always the case, I will leave it up to those interested to do their own research about FCC regulations regarding HAM radio communications with operators in foreign (outside USA) countries.

More Info
Third Party Traffic HAM radio

Map of International HAM radio call-sign prefixes:

edit on 112017 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Very true! They only need a 12 volt supply and a way of charging car batteries, not a hard ask.

The only problem with this, is that every time you turn your rig on, you are inviting a seeker missile to find you. Russia makes good missiles, I do not think you would last long in a modern conflict.

P

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkStarRising
I would be very careful to whom you speak. You never know who will be on the other side of that chat. Get the wrong one talking and you may have a visit from the alphabet soup. Next thing you know you will be branded a traitor to the USA and end up with a very bad day.

Believe me I understand it would be nice to get news from the people living through the mess instead of from lame stream media or the alphabet soup idiots but you will be playing a risky game of chance that will be gambling not only your life and freedom but your families as well.

In other words. Keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut. Might just be safer that way. That is not meant to be rude, so I'm sorry if I offend, but the truth is the truth, and our exiting presidential joke is doing everything in his power to make life for the next 4 years harder on not only President Trump, but also the American people and the world.

All I'm saying is yes. You can find people over there reporting on the net. But just please be careful. The world has become a dark and scary place and I wouldn't be surprised at anything.

Good luck to you and happy New year.

Yea I was kinda thinking the same thing. I could see you doing something harmless and ending up on the wrong side of big brothers watch list !

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
if you can understand the language, this local youtube channel has some insight into life during the Mosul liberation mission.
irfaasawtak

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I think you can actually have a satellite link, and a solar cell. You just need a dish aimed at the right satellite and a PayPal account.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
While it may appear 3rd world on TV, a lot of the region does have Internet and power...typically, landline based. So it is conceivable there could still be some communication out of there. However, a pretty common military tactic would be to cut major landlines out of the area. Still though, there may simply be too many to cover all of them, especially with a smaller raiding force. But still....it's possible.

join