It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mariah Carey's New Year's Eve 2017 Performance Goes Horribly Wrong

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInitial

The cold might have a great deal to do with it. Monitoring systems are generally pretty good these days, but cold temps will crush any musician's ability to deliver their best performance, whether vocal or instrumental.

It was 43 degrees F when she performed last night.

If that was too cold for her, maybe she should have worn a bulky overcoat over the hideous outfit that she wore for the performance.
edit on b000000312017-01-01T05:57:23-06:0005America/ChicagoSun, 01 Jan 2017 05:57:23 -0600500000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
This is a short segment by RT about fakery in the music industry. Many artists have apparently become dependent on auto tune and lip syncing.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Any performance by her is horribly wrong.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Musical instruments, equipment and human vocal chords do not mix well with freezing temperatures. Inhaling that frigid air prevents proper blood flow to the mucosal lining by constricting capillaries and artereoles, and it also dries and chaps the tissue. It's a good way to rupture your vocal chords, particularly while singing at that range. Those factors are likely why she wasn't singing live. It's also a very loud, crowded venue...that can make it difficult to hear not only the musical cues, but your own voice.

Poor Mariah. She just can't seem to get a break. People seem to really enjoy making fun of her for some reason...if it's not her weight, it's something else. She doesn't let it get her down for long though. Maybe that's why. No one ever tries to save the feather, after all, do they?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

It wasn't freezing though.
Ryan Seacrest actually made fun of a person in the crowd for being dressed too warmly for the mild temperatures. That person was actually standing outside all night.
I doubt that Mariah was spending much time outdoors before her performance.
I think that her inability to hit those high notes with reliability is the reason that the lip synching was done. She isn't a spring chicken any more, she is 43 and has done a lot of partying.

edit on b000000312017-01-01T06:42:25-06:0006America/ChicagoSun, 01 Jan 2017 06:42:25 -0600600000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
lol well that really sucked balls.
But maybe I'm being too harsh, technical problems happen.
I like her costume though, she kinda looks naked.

I'll grade her 2 out of 5 beers.

edit on 0America/Chicago00Sun, 01 Jan 2017 07:00:27 -060001700000017 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This was not the first time not even the 5th time she has done this kind of crap her entourages most important job was to get her there on time and sober they failed.
Pill popping drunk .... the guy almost broke his back trying to pick her up. She needs a long vacation from her champagne bath and smoked salmon and capers such old news.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Feathers!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Todays music matches todays society. Put on some clothes chubby. Happy 2017.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I think singers should be heavily fined for lip syncing. People pay a lot of money to hear these people sing! Would people buy a product whose ads made false claims and didn't work the way they were intended? People would be disappointed and demand a refund!

This is nothing different. It's false advertising plain and simple. Would people spend thousands of dollars on a fake diamond? I think not. Singers are selling their product which is their voice. To purposely misrepresent themselves is ripping off the consumer. They're not providing the product but still pocketing the money.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInitial
a reply to: ketsuko

The cold might have a great deal to do with it. Monitoring systems are generally pretty good these days, but cold temps will crush any musician's ability to deliver their best performance, whether vocal or instrumental.

I played bluegrass semi-pro and one of the seasonal gigs I would get is hayrides in the fall. It took me nearly all the first season to figure out how to properly care for myself in order to perform. Tell you one thing, it'll make you as a musician.

Back in 2009 at Obama inauguration, Yo-yo Ma (et al) had to "finger-sync" along to a recording because of the cold.

The players and the inauguration organizing committee said the arrangement was necessary because of the extreme cold and wind during Tuesday’s ceremony. The conditions raised the possibility of broken piano strings, cracked instruments and wacky intonation minutes before the president’s swearing in (which had problems of its own).

I hope I used the external quote function correctly; it's the first time I've used it.

broken strings a big problem, especially with lighter guages...grrrr!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

A real artist would have sung over the music instead of waiting for the correct lipsync version.

Anyways, someone is going to get fired.
edit on 1-1-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
So they spend millions on these things and still screw it up.

Geniuses never go out of style.

Total fumble flop.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It truly is amazing. At that level, each person involved is a "star" at their own game - sound person, backup dancer, etc. I think it might be a "too many chiefs" problem...and the end result is a bunch of people who swear that the next guy is the one who dropped the ball.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Mili vanili handled their f-up better ! Lol....or perhaps a publicity stunt to bring her back in the lime light ?.... Just an odd thought....but really I think they played the wrong song and she was taken by surprise .

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Just don't know why musicians still mime. It’s just such a con and people see right through it all. Real artists would refuse, and it’s not as if she is needs the money.
edit on 1/1/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInitial
a reply to: ketsuko

Did you play some sort of horn? I'm not totally familiar with how those instruments are affected...is it primarily finger dexterity that's compromised? String instrumentalists face the hellish reality of both wood and string material fluctuating under extreme circumstances, in addition to circulation in the limbs.

I played a reed instrument, but if I remember right, the horns would tune by pulling in and out various slides and mouth pieces lengthening or shortening the distance air would travel and changing the sound quality, so the cold would make the metal contract and change the configuration of the horn every so slightly knocking it out of tune.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Leave Mariah Alone! She is a star!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I was embarrassed for her... She seemed out of it.... And sound? I KNOW she had ear monitors in.... It appeared she was under some "influence" sadly...

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
The Network went wrong by having Mariah on in the first place. She is terrible. Death to lip syncing!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join