It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics don't mean anything

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
About a week ago I had what you could call a spiritual experience, that I can't actually discuss due to T&C, but in those moments I took time to analyze a lot of different things, one being politics.

First and foremost, I was an idiot for identifying with any "side" made of ideas created by other people. There's no value in following any group of people en masse. The current political climate in this country serves no purpose except to keep us divided as individuals and to enable the same snakes to operate under a different banner every 8 years.

Even what we argue about on here begins with information from THEM so we're at a disadvantage before we even begin.

I don't have any solutions. Nothing short of the entire system vanishing at once would cure the disease that our modern system of government has become. So in short, I'm not a liberal, I'm not a conservative, I'm not a libertarian, I'm none of these BS limiting labels that people use to stop themselves from thinking. I'm a human. That's it.

Transient politics are just that, transient politics. Until we can move on from the game they want us to play, nothing will change.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

The roots of understanding who and what you are lie in understanding what you believe would work ... for yourself ... for others and why, really why. And you can't just let it lie at the surface, you need to progress beyond a simple A leads to B reasoning but go to "If A leads to B, then how about C and D" because nothing in the world happens in a vacuum. Every action creates ripples in the pond that we all react to.

Once you can think about things and really think them through and find out where you stand on what you think works and why and understand why you believe that way, then you know what ideology is and more about who you are.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The roots of understanding who and what you are lie in understanding what you believe would work ... for yourself ... for others and why, really why. And you can't just let it lie at the surface, you need to progress beyond a simple A leads to B reasoning but go to "If A leads to B, then how about C and D" because nothing in the world happens in a vacuum. Every action creates ripples in the pond that we all react to.

Once you can think about things and really think them through and find out where you stand on what you think works and why and understand why you believe that way, then you know what ideology is and more about who you are.

Ideologies in a political sense are a dead end, or at the best just a circle. They are nothing more than control systems, and I'm done trying to select my best master.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Politics is just opinion shaped by age, experience, knowledge, and life.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Politics are just the stick we're herded with.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Ideologies in a political sense are a dead end, or at the best just a circle. They are nothing more than control systems, and I'm done trying to select my best master.

Who said anything about political ideologies? I was talking about your personal one. Make no mistake, we all have one.
edit on 31-12-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Who said anything about political ideologies? I was talking about your personal one.

So was I.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Politics is a dog turd.

Political ideology is finding the clean end of the turd so you can pick it up.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
you`re right, each side of the political spectrum has their good points and their bad points, but neither side is worth fighting for or dieing for. none of the politicians on either side will fight for you or die for you so you don`t really owe them anything, just cast your vote and go on your way and live your life in the way that makes you happy.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Who said anything about political ideologies? I was talking about your personal one.

So was I.

No. You have an ideology same as I do. What you mistake is that my ideology is solely political. It is not. It does lead me to lean certain ways on the issues.

As I said, you think about things and thoughts lead you to conclusions based on and shaped by your experiences.

And if you somehow think you have had some epiphany that has led you to transcend it all brought about by magic mushrooms or some other similar substance, I have news ... you are what your culture, education, and experiences in life have shaped. You are still and prisoner of your personal ideology which is no more than a system of ideas and ideals, beliefs and theories that can be held by an individual or group.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Politics is a dog turd.

Political ideology is finding the clean end of the turd so you can pick it up.

Politics is convincing people there's a clean end of the turd.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

So was I.

No. You have an ideology same as I do. What you mistake is that my ideology is solely political. It is not. It does lead me to lean certain ways on the issues.

As I said, you think about things and thoughts lead you to conclusions based on and shaped by your experiences.

And if you somehow think you have had some epiphany that has led you to transcend it all brought about by magic mushrooms or some other similar substance, I have news ... you are what your culture, education, and experiences in life have shaped. You are still and prisoner of your personal ideology which is no more than a system of ideas and ideals, beliefs and theories that can be held by an individual or group.

What I've come to realize is that none of us are those things you stated. Those are just roles we adopt for whatever reason. Don't confuse that with having principles.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I agree 100%, politics along with religion are the main systems that the elites use to keep us divided and arguing amongst one another. People who choose sides go against themselves in the end.

S&F

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
I agree 100%, politics along with religion are the main systems that the elites use to keep us divided and arguing amongst one another. People who choose sides go against themselves in the end.

S&F

Religion too, completely. And by religion I mean the framework that man tries to build around the experience of the "other". Political ideologies aren't that different from religious sects.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Let's start with a simple one:

Do you think a man should murder other men?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

They're not very different at all, in fact they compliment one another in many cases. I'd say they're a match made in heaven (or hell) where religion divides people on a spiritual level and politics divides people on an Earthly level. They've got all aspects of the game covered in that regard.
edit on 1/1/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Let's start with a simple one:

Do you think a man should murder other men?

How do you define murder?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

They're not very different at all, in fact they compliment one another in many cases. I'd say they're a match made in heaven where religion divides people on a spiritual level and politics divides people on an Earthly level. They've got all aspects of the game covered in that regard.

Thing is, the machine only has the power we feed into it. Its a product of us, and it IS us. We just have to stop feeding it. It lives because of everyone it controls.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I disagree. Government is monopolization of organized force. It is command and compulsion. It is a coercive organization asserting a monopoly over the use of physical force exercising power over its subjects.

Government is force, and politics is the process of deciding who gets to use it on whom.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: METACOMET

Government is just a monstrous protection racket. The gangs I knew growing up operated the exact same way.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join