It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black America Steels Itself for Obama’s Departure and a Future Under Trump

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Explain to me why if you could never afford a thing in the first place, why you should have it in the first place. That's harsh, I know, but it's true.

One shouldn't. That's why the Dodd/Frank Act is important. It restricts predatory lending, allowing/convincing people to enter into mortgage agreements that they won't be able to keep. Dodd/Frank makes sure that lenders don't sell properties to people that can't afford it.

Know that for a fact do you?

We'll see, but there's plenty of horror stories of contractors doing shotty work and entire communities falling into disrepair, and homeowners left holding the "bag" and having to abandon them, because of contractor's short cuts. Then there's Flint Michigan, where state oversight failing to ensure proper plumbing led to the poisoning of an untold amount of residents.

With Carson appointed to head up HUD, I have little hope that regulations already in place will respected, enforced or even legally kept in place.

What a joke! PP doesn't operate in rural areas and many of those poor women in rural areas have been forced into monopolies or left without any health care coverage at all thanks to the ACA.

No. Rural women are left without health care because of state lawmakers, not because of the ACA!

‘Everything Is Gone’: Family-Planning Clinics Disappear From Rural Texas

And, Of course Planned Parenthood operates in rural areas! However, Planned Parenthood is being shuttered in rural communities right and left!

Plan ned Parenthood, citing budget cut, to close four rural Wisconsin centers

Indiana Shut Down Its Rural Planned Parenthood Clinics And Got An HIV Outbreak

Planned Parenthood Plays Key Role For Some Low-Income, Rural Uninsured

The pipeline you speak of is as much a cultural thing as anything else.

Sure, if making a profit off crime is cultural.

You can address this by seeing above.

So, now police shooting of unarmed people of color is also a cultural thing?

But, of course, neither of us really knows how this will go down. We'll just have to see.

We'll have to wait and see if the Trumpains do what they promised, if they do, then I will owe you guys a great big "I TOLD YOU SO!"

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Already, though, we have seen leaders in the black community step forward, and look to the future.

Ray Lewis after meeting with Donald Trump: ‘Black or white is irrelevant’

Some people understand, it's about America, not white or black!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
1) Obama is NOT a popular president. I don't believe those numbers at all.

2) Blacks are worse off than they were 8 years ago. Obama didn't lift them up, he only held others down. Some may think this brings equality, but no. I suppose some people take comfort in seeing their friends fail. (paraphrasing Petyr Baelish) "Although, who doesn't like to see their friends fail now and then?"

3) The Black community doesn't need a Black Leader. It merely needs a leader. Trump is that man and if blacks choose not to rally behind him then that's their choice.
As a Black American man, I don't need a leader. That's part of the problem, people with the underlying need for someone else to tell them what they should be doing. Personal accountability is a helluva thing. And why is it that only the "Black community" needs someone to lead them? There is no leader for any other community that has or requires a "leader". I, as a man, am the leader and protector of my family. I think more Black Americans should share my attitude and stop looking for someone to lead them. Pops taught me very well.
edit on 1-1-2017 by JimiBlack because: Spelling error

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Funny...the "black people" always feel disenfranchised.

Funny!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: reboot23

Funny!!!
You're the one that's funny. If you have nothing of substance to add to the thread, maybe you should stfu.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JimiBlack

ROFL

What were those percentages again? You know ... the one's that shplain there's no black father around ... and that's what the problem is.

No need to reply. You know a rhetorical post when you see one, don't you?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: seasonal

Are blacks better off than they were eight years ago?
I don't think so.

Lots of Obama Family Pictures hanging all around the homes, stores, and churches in the Black Community. The unemployment and crime rates are higher than they were when George Bush left office. But the psychological impact was positive.

So they are worse off but feel better about it?

Shows the level of brainwashing that has occurred.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
Excellent video definitely worth watching...

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I'm better off than I was 8 years ago--8 years ago I was a single mom of 4 teenagers living with friends and using food pantries to survive, today I'm making 60,000 year and helping all 4 get their own lives straight. BUT, it had NOTHING to do with Obama'a rule, it had to do with my own hard work, talent, and ingenuity and a whole lot of dumb blind luck. Of course Obama would tell me I didn't build that...

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
Nonstop pointing out the color differences is merely a mask of distraction for people that don't experience all sides of life in their own life... at least that's what I witness.

Its all a rich/poor game... with only the color green at play... sometimes in money, other times in envy and greed. Keep bickering about what color people are and the cycles continue... start addressing each other as other humans, men, women, and children, and then we'll see a turn of focus to the real problems we face in society.

Exactly. It has nothing to do with color and everything to do with class, with a dash of rural vs. urban thrown in.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimiBlack

originally posted by: reboot23

Funny!!!
You're the one that's funny. If you have nothing of substance to add to the thread, maybe you should stfu.

someone is very touchy....again funny!!

Always the moaners and whiners who scream the loudest

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal After Obama's departure the black community won't steal so much in the future under Trump

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Thank-you for that interview with RAY LEWIS. It would never see the light of day on CNN, unless Ray was negative on Donald Trump.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Disgusting how they whitewash Obama, one of the worst criminals in American history.. Thank god it's all over soon. 8 years with this gay Muslim warlord was enough..

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
I try to post it whenever I can. Trump is willing to try but people have to be willing to give him a chance.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The one doing the most damage to Obama's "legacy" is Obama himself. Having been comprehensively incapable of showing the slightest bit of grace since the election, instead he has chosen to throw a petulant child fit and chuck his toys out the pram at EVERY chance.

The saddest thing I think for the "African American community" is that 50 years after the honestly great teachings of MLK, so many black Americans CHOOSE to identify almost entirely by their skin color. And Obama encourages it.

MLK fought so hard for people to be recognized for the content of their character, not the color of their skin.

Obama seems to want peoples' lives and experiences to be homogenized based entirely on their color of their skin.

My how far we have come. Or not.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
i see lots of you dont know any black folks

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

their reminded of it by people like you

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
I think black Americans will be better under Trump. Obama created more racial division than I thought was possible, and sure didn't do much for either race,

I truly believe that Trump is color blind. Any real businessman looks at quality and effectiveness, not race, gender, etc. If nothing else, I don't see Trump using the black community as stupid, voting slaves as the left has for decades. The left (IMO) has used minorities, believing they are too stupid to figure it out and knowing that they didn't have to actually do anything for them. Hell...you can even read it in their emails. They have as much respect for the black community as the KKK does. But it is one thing to dislike a race of people...it is another level of evil to also use them for your own benefit and lie to them. That is basically slavery.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
i see lots of you dont know any black folks

I actually know quite a few. One...a 70 year old black man and I worked together and were "work friends". One morning there was a news story about a kid robbing and shooting a store owner over about $100. This 70 year old black man called the kid the "N-word"...loudly. He then explained to me that he hates when these punk, thugs with no self-respect go out and commit crimes, hurt people and most importantly...make the rest of the black community look bad.

Yup...he was pissed off at how the scum of the black community makes him look. He understood racism (hating for hating's sake) was different than experience (judging a group by the actions you see executed by the group). He was embarrassed and pissed off at his own, for making him and those like him look like punk, thugs with no self-respect.

FYI...this man made $92k per year on his pension and worked security at $8 per hour. He volunteered for any extra hours and had two catch phrases. "I'll stop working when I'm dead" and "If there is a dollar to be made, I want to make it".

That is called "Character" and that is the attitude and those are the values of an American.
edit on 1/3/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join