It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black America Steels Itself for Obama’s Departure and a Future Under Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sure it would. Banning guns would have stopped Jared Loughner and Adam Lanza and James Holmes and the woman in Texas who killed her two daughters to get back at her husband, and people who used their gun in road rage incidents. All had guns legally bought.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
You can make guns available only to police and the military.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: ketsuko

Sure it would. Banning guns would have stopped Jared Loughner and Adam Lanza and James Holmes and the woman in Texas who killed her two daughters to get back at her husband, and people who used their gun in road rage incidents. All had guns legally bought.

Not all of them had guns they legally bought themselves. Lanza stole his. It wasn't legal.

And those crimes are a drop in the bucket compared to the average daily gun crime going on in Chicago's inner city, or do those crimes not count because they are carried out by minorities on other minorities (somehow making them less horrific to you) and carried out by illegal Saturday night specials in many cases?

Oh, but I guess now you'll point out that some of THOSE guns were stolen from legal owners too ...

edit on 1-1-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
You can make guns available only to police and the military.

This isn't about a gun discussion. I'm not for banning guns. My point was, it doesn't matter if banning guns prevented a few gun deaths or if stop and frisk prevented a few gun deaths - they both have the potential to be unconstitutional, therefore they are BOTH wrong.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Nope, Ive read, and I can't say for sure but there is more than one way to kill someone. SHHHH, don't tell any other anti gunners.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Not all of them had guns they legally bought themselves. Lanza stole his. It wasn't legal.

He didn't steal them. They were his mother's and she let him use them often.

Besides, read my post below yours.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Why can't we all just be Americans?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Wrong!
Banning all guns would only arm the criminals...ask Chicago how that's working

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Some people who shot other people had no criminal record before, i.e., they weren't criminals.

So, YOU'RE wrong!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Because we couldn't be stopped. There would be nothing in our way to separate and segregate us. The controllers would loose control in a hurry, and that is a situation that anything and everything will be done to avoid.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think the black community has chosen their leaders and spokespeople unwisely - or the communities real leaders are not getting air time (one or the other). It does not appear the community is well represented, so I can imagine it's not just Trump or Clinton they were disillusioned with.

I personally don't think Trump will do much good or harm to race relations - they will remain poor - but he will help inner city communities with jobs.
edit on 1/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I'm not getting into a delusional tit for tat with you. But you are wrong. Research Chicago sweetheart, you're talking nonsense because you made a stupid comment and are trying to clean it up.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The big thing I think everyone might be overlooking is that everyone is still looking to Washington for solutions.

We really need to be looking in the mirror for people to fix what is wrong and not rely on anyone, anything, partisan or not for fixes.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The big thing I think everyone might be overlooking is that everyone is still looking to Washington for solutions.

We really need to be looking in the mirror for people to fix what is wrong and not rely on anyone, anything, partisan or not for fixes.

Well said!

I completely agree. I guess I just wonder why it even needs to be said. I am always trying to better myself and be a better human. I want to do good and help people when I can and be a NICE person. I just wonder why some people don't care about such things. Not that everyone needs to be like me, I just see sooo many mean and selfish people who often blame their troubles on others when really it is their own attitudes that need to be changed. At least that's what I think.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Ha, you knew I won the argument regarding the predominately WHITE mass shooters in this country who got their guns legally, so you don't want to play anymore. I get it.

Here's another one you lose. Stop and Frisk did not significantly lower gun violence.

FACT: Guns are found in less than 0.2 percent of stops. That is an unbelievably poor yield rate for such an intrusive, wasteful and humiliating police action.

www.nyclu.org...

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There needs to be a healthy partnership with govt and citizenry . Getting rid of either would spell disaster for the other.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

What percentage of the US population was killed in mass shootings?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Government is necessary. But it is made p of people just as flawed as the rest of us.

They don't have all the answers, government doesn't know everything about anything.

I understand that government needs to exist. But we need to place it in a tiny box and only take it out when we absolutely require it.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

You're an idiot who can't even stick to the same subject lol

However, the general practice of stopping and frisking civilians is not unconstitutional, and research shows that doing so can help reduce crime — but only as part of a broader, clearly articulated strategy that targets real criminal activity.

linky
When used correctly stop & frisk worked! You are the one that brought up guns...not me.
So again...you are wrong.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

What percentage of the US population was killed in mass shootings?

Probably about the same number as the percentage of guns actually found during stop and frisk in NYC.

Although I would have to say that if your 7 year old daughter was killed in a mass shooting, you might not give a flock about that percentage.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join