It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black America Steels Itself for Obama’s Departure and a Future Under Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Reporting from a bunker in Baltimore. It's a war out there.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Funny how black Americans can be grouped so easily, and have one leader that speaks for all Blacks. Like any group of Americans need a leader. And Trump will be better for Americans.

I think black Americans will be better under Trump. Obama created more racial division than I thought was possible, and sure didn't do much for either race,

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: DAVID64

I think Trump is going to serve all of Americans. I didn't like to read the story, so slanted and ones sided. But things have a way of working out.

This article makes more sense when you remember the official Democrat party slogan:
"Give a man a fish and he'll vote for you so he doesn't starve. Teach a man to fish and he can feed himself and his family without needing you, so don't do that. Seriously. Spend lots of money teaching him how to do useless stuff like basketweaving so you can claim that you're making education and opportunities more accessible than ever, just make sure he doesn't learn anything useful that he could use to support himself."

As far as slogans go, it's a bit more catchy in Latin, but that's the translation.

Trump will treat them - and all other communities - with more respect and dignity than any Democrat, ever. Real respect and dignity. The way you treat your adult child, recognising them as grown and independent, not the way you treat your toddler when he's just managed to use the potty for the first time.

Those that want it, will welcome him. Those that want special treatment and a free ride, will hate him.
edit on Ev29SundaySundayAmerica/ChicagoSun, 01 Jan 2017 08:29:09 -06006452016b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Very true post, if we were to be honest with each other and shut the media off, we would see that 95-98% of all Americans want the same thing. Wouldn't that be nice to hear instead of the dribble in the story?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
the article is miles apart from the stances Trump promised in his various speeches.

Trump resolved to remedy the situation of the Black Community in the metro areas which the Democrats had used for votes during the past 60+ years... and which Obama shunned with-a-passion, other than to spout off race-baiting, hate speech with the purpose of inflaming riots to ensue in more than a- half-a-dozen cities

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Like another poster stated, I hate how the writer twisted the message. Trump said they didn't come out to vote for Hillary. The guy made it sound like if more blacks came out to vote, the outcome would be different.

Another thing I keep thinking, when I hear people saying how horrible it will be for blacks and hispanics (or whatever the PC term is these days) when Trump is president, I wonder what the heck they think is going to happen? I mean, I remember hearing people say they were scared for their families and for their own safety under Trump's presidency. What the heck?! Do they think he's going to round everyone of color up and .. and .. what?

And another thing, I am a white woman and I don't need any white woman to be my leader. Why do they feel they need a black person to be their leader? I wish we could get past all this! This makes me angry and sad.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ellie Sagan

Another thing I keep thinking, when I hear people saying how horrible it will be for blacks and hispanics (or whatever the PC term is these days) when Trump is president, I wonder what the heck they think is going to happen? I mean, I remember hearing people say they were scared for their families and for their own safety under Trump's presidency. What the heck?! Do they think he's going to round everyone of color up and .. and .. what?

Ever hear of Stop and Frisk? It gives cops carte blanche permission to detain anyone they don't like the looks of (minority) so they can search them for weapons.

Trump loves Stop and Frisk and wants to implement it in minority neighborhoods.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I can say that the writer of the story is very sheltered, and should run not walk from what ever big city he is living in and get onto a small town/city and see what real life is all about. Cities are breeding grounds for all flavors of hate.
edit on 1-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Wow happy new year, you and I agree, Trump is all wet with this civil right violating stop and harass.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: gription

Ok. When I saw this, I thought there might be some kind of rioting going on or something. So I looked for Baltimore news. What I saw seems relevant to this thread, sort of. www.wbaltv.com... I see on the front page a lot of crime stuff and most the people are black. Sooooo, I guess Obama is not such a great leader for blacks if this is what is still occurring after he has been president for 8 years. At least he's not very inspiring to them to straighten up and be law abiding citizens.
To be fair, I looked at another news site for that area, and the front page did not show the faces and I didn't feel like reading all the articles... but then I saw the sidebar. Mugshots of Baltimore area criminals. www.baltimoresun.com... Most of them are black people. But all of them, of all colors was really sad. So many awful people.

edit on 1-1-2017 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

You just keep spreading the MSM message of hate. Good job.
Stop & frisk lowered crime rates. How is that rasicist?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Oh, so "stop and frisk" laws are written so that only minorities can be subject to it? Also, was it implemented with Obama in charge? I'm gonna go read about it now though.

Ok, now I see. You think it's bad because there are abuses. Abuses of power happen all the time in many different ways. That does not mean a law or practice should be banned. People get pulled over all the time, while some people don't who are doing the same thing (say, speeding or a light is out). Should we stop police from pulling anyone over? The "stop, question, and frisk" law is not necessarily a bad thing in itself.
edit on 1-1-2017 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

I can't figure out why Obama went the direction he did during his 8 horrific years as POTUS. Why Oh why did he divide the nation on something as trivial as the color of someones face?

He could have been the next JFK, but now he is right under Carter when it comes to nose diving the nation on so many different issues. Sad sad.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

I bet banning all guns would also lower gun violence. How is that unconstitutional?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I don't care what color you are, if the police stop someone, they better have a fricken reason.

You don't see a problem with the police telling you to get against the car and have them put their hands on you? Really?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

from 2002 to 2011, black and Latino residents made up close to 90 percent of people stopped, and about 88 percent of stops – more than 3.8 million – were of innocent New Yorkers. Even in neighborhoods that are predominantly white, black and Latino New Yorkers face the disproportionate brunt. For example, in 2011, Black and Latino New Yorkers made up 24 percent of the population in Park Slope, but 79 percent of stops. This, on its face, is discriminatory.

www.nyclu.org...

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Banning guns would be a night mare.

First good luck getting the them from law abiding people . And second good luck hiring people to replace all the ones who tried to get the guns yesterday.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: seasonal

Are blacks better off than they were eight years ago?
I don't think so.

I know they're not. I've watched ALL neighborhoods crumble over the past eight years, including theirs. No matter what anyone says, I'm hard pressed to find many areas at all that are better off.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I'm just trying to make a point.

Even if it theoretically stopped a few people from shooting their guns at other people, it would be unconstitutional, therefore it doesn't matter if it reduced gun violence.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Martin75

I bet banning all guns would also lower gun violence. How is that unconstitutional?

No it wouldn't.

In most of the highest crime areas, the gun violence is done with illegal weapons. Look at the sudden rash of gun violence in Europe. Those are all illegal firearms.

The heavy restrictions on weapons doesn't seem to have done much to have impeded the bad guys in their ability to obtain weapons. Not only that, but we have a porous border and a very good example for you of WHY exactly it wouldn't. We've been fighting the war on drugs against the Mexican cartels for decades now.

Has that stopped anyone from obtaining illegal drugs? Do you know what happens if you outlaw guns? Those same cartels who are already heavily armed, with Chinese weaponry mostly, will simply add firearms to their inventory of things to run across the porous southern border along with drugs and people and get even richer.
edit on 1-1-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join