It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats act to save ObamaCare from GOP repeal, Obama to Hill, 'Day of Action'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I have a 28 year old healthy client who is LITERALLY praying that ObamaCare is repealed before July 2017. That's when his "grandfathered" Blue Cross policy expires, and he will have to purchase an ObamaCare plan.

His premium will jump from $184 a month / $1700 deductible... to $384 @ month / $7,100 deductible..unless he decides to go without health insurance, which is entirely possible.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

EXCELLENT and EXCELLENTLY WORDED post EightAhoy! Wish I could give you multiple stars for that one. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The Progressive Liberal part of the Democratic Party is literally falling apart at the seams. There will be no Democratic Party in 4 years unless the true Democrats can take the Party back . The Trump election began a good start.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Obama destroyed America,Trump has to rebuild it,forced health care is not a way of doing things,especially when there is no limit to prices they can charge,hardly affordable,if you opt out they take your tax returns and bill you for what is left over

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
January 7, 2017

Democrats seem to be gaining some traction in convincing Republican Senators that REPEALING ObamaCare, without replacing it, is the wrong thing to do...

""Congressional Republicans’ years-long mission to dismantle ObamaCare is becoming more of an uphill battle, amid a growing concern among some GOP senators about voting to repeal the health care law without a replacement.

The most recent is Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, who late Friday tweeted that incoming President Donald Trump, a fellow Republican, agrees with his approach to simultaneously repeal and replace the 2010 law.

"I just spoke to @realDonaldTrump and he fully supports my plan to replace Obamacare the same day we repeal it," Paul tweeted. "The time to act is now."

Earlier in the day, GOP Sens. Bob Corker, Tennessee, and Ron Johnson, Wisconsin, expressed similar thoughts.
Corker said Republicans might find themselves in a "box canyon" if they just incrementally replace parts of the law.
He worries about congressional Republicans having to take an unpopular vote to increase taxes if, for example, they repeal the part of ObgamaCare that increased taxes on higher wage-earners but temporarily continue subsidies in the law that help lower-income Americans buy coverage.""

Full Story at: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
January 7, 2017

Democrats seem to be gaining some traction in convincing Republican Senators that REPEALING ObamaCare, without replacing it, is the wrong thing to do...

""Congressional Republicans’ years-long mission to dismantle ObamaCare is becoming more of an uphill battle, amid a growing concern among some GOP senators about voting to repeal the health care law without a replacement.

The most recent is Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, who late Friday tweeted that incoming President Donald Trump, a fellow Republican, agrees with his approach to simultaneously repeal and replace the 2010 law.

"I just spoke to @realDonaldTrump and he fully supports my plan to replace Obamacare the same day we repeal it," Paul tweeted. "The time to act is now."

Earlier in the day, GOP Sens. Bob Corker, Tennessee, and Ron Johnson, Wisconsin, expressed similar thoughts.
Corker said Republicans might find themselves in a "box canyon" if they just incrementally replace parts of the law.
He worries about congressional Republicans having to take an unpopular vote to increase taxes if, for example, they repeal the part of ObgamaCare that increased taxes on higher wage-earners but temporarily continue subsidies in the law that help lower-income Americans buy coverage.""

Full Story at: www.foxnews.com...

Glad the GOP is starting to is starting to understand what a mess they are in for spending 6 years doing nothing on healthcare but trying to break it. Though the last quote from Sen. Corker is pretty telling of GOP stupidity. Yes, how will the well off continue be well off if we dont repeal taxes that help people less fortunate get the healthcare they need.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join