It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats act to save ObamaCare from GOP repeal, Obama to Hill, 'Day of Action'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Obama will visit Wednesday with House and Senate Democrats, the day after the 115th Congress convenes and Republicans, who have the majority in both chambers, are expected to start repealing and replacing ObamaCare.

“Step one is the ObamaCare replacement legislation at the start of the year,” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said a few weeks ago, as members closed out their 2016 session.

Pelosi also urged them to hold events to warn voters in their district about the GOP plans, including what she says is House Speaker Paul Ryan’s design to “privatize” Medicare, federally subsidized health insurance for seniors and the disabled.

Pelosi, Schumer and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, Independent, have also called for a national “Day of Action” on January 15, five days before Trump’s inauguration to highlight GOP efforts to cut or significantly change “vital and necessary health programs.”

SOURCE

Democrats can have their “Day of Action” as a prelude to the real day of action...the day Trump is sworn in. I think a fair question to ask is whether or not a liberal “Day of Action” will include riots and looting. That's how far they've fallen.

The last U.S. election could have been the final nail in the coffin had Clinton been elected. Obamacare would never have been repealed, liberals would have controlled the Supreme Court, and the immigration issue would have gone to hell in a handbasket.

I'm still waiting for those who believe it doesn't matter who the POTUS is to present a good case for their belief.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I for one, even if it's pomp, want you all to be safe.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Unfortunately I don't think they'll be able to stop the GOP from totally destroying America.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

The gop can't even destroy itself. They tried,it was amusing.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

edit on 31-12-2016 by Pyle because: ATS broke triple post

link   

edit on 31-12-2016 by Pyle because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Profusion

Obama will visit Wednesday with House and Senate Democrats, the day after the 115th Congress convenes and Republicans, who have the majority in both chambers, are expected to start repealing and replacing ObamaCare.

“Step one is the ObamaCare replacement legislation at the start of the year,” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said a few weeks ago, as members closed out their 2016 session.

Pelosi also urged them to hold events to warn voters in their district about the GOP plans, including what she says is House Speaker Paul Ryan’s design to “privatize” Medicare, federally subsidized health insurance for seniors and the disabled.

Pelosi, Schumer and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, Independent, have also called for a national “Day of Action” on January 15, five days before Trump’s inauguration to highlight GOP efforts to cut or significantly change “vital and necessary health programs.”

SOURCE

Democrats can have their “Day of Action” as a prelude to the real day of action...the day Trump is sworn in. I think a fair question to ask is whether or not a liberal “Day of Action” will include riots and looting. That's how far they've fallen.

The last U.S. election could have been the final nail in the coffin had Clinton been elected. Obamacare would never have been repealed, liberals would have controlled the Supreme Court, and the immigration issue would have gone to hell in a handbasket.

I'm still waiting for those who believe it doesn't matter who the POTUS is to present a good case for their belief.

I wondered how long it would take for someone to make claims about how terrible the left is and I didn't even have to go past your first paragraph. Informing voters is some how a call for riots and looting in your mind?

Here is straight form the horses mouth.

link to actual letter

Not as dire or terrible as you or foxnews made it sound is it?
edit on 31-12-2016 by Pyle because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2016 by Pyle because: Fixed link

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Well their efforts to influence the Electoral College was a flop just like their efforts to get Hillary Clinton elected.

So this will flop too.

I think the Republicans might actually change Obama.Care for the better.

Maybe they can make Obama's promises about policy costs come true afterall !!

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

The letter failed to mention the rising costs ?

Hmmm.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Whether or not you agree with these changes or what side you're one I'm wondering how serious you think these changes are going to effect people and society???

Because repealing ObamaCare and Privatizing Medicare will cause major chaos for some the most vulnerable people in our society. Those aren't just tiny changes, they are really big and effect a whole bunch of people.

Shouldn't this be a concern for everyone, even those who support Trump and the Reps??? Are you able to think past your wallets for a minute and consider the ramifications of killing off these two major Health related programs so abruptly??

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

You folks already did that

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Hmmm.

The rising costs of what, health care? The thing that was rising every year before the ACA?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

You folks already did that

Are you sure??? Because I live in America and it's not destroyed by any means.

Do you live in America??? Look around you and tell me if it's destroyed. Because if it is, it's probably just your town. You should move to the next one. There are plenty of places still going along just fine.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Hmmm.

The rising costs of what, health care? The thing that was rising every year before the ACA?

The rising costs of insurance policies and deductibles.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Oh youre talking about the one we all pay for the rest of you?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Hmmm.

The rising costs of insurance policies and deductibles.

Ah right the things that were going up before the ACA.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Oh youre talking about the one we all pay for the rest of you?

That is what insurance is. A pool that people pay into and take out when they meet conditions that allow it.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You make me scratch my head...i mean i feel your bravado
But recognize you dont have real world experience.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: gription

The gop can't even destroy itself. They tried,it was amusing.

They did destroy themselves. That's why they elected a 80's cliche with a history of liberal values.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

No thats not insurance. I pay into a fund that equal participants pay into a pool that participants some greater somer lesser pay into.

No frgging burning man douches

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join