It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plant Your Feet in the Ground to Feel the Earths Heartbeat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The Earth is an alive, conscious organism, just as we are. Want proof of this? Plant your feet in the soil or in a sandy area and you can literally feel the pulse of the Earth! It's quite incredible. Don't believe me? Try it for your self.

We have acupuncture points at the bottom of our feet; when we plant our feet we literally connect with our Mother Earth, as the trees do, and the Earth actually communicates with us in this way (telepathically, of course). This is a powerful healing method as we shift our vibrational state to one that is more aligned with the Earth when our soles make contact with the Earth. This is why walking barefoot has its health benefits. To take it one step further, plant your feet while sungazing (either the first or last hour of sun in the day) to really de calcify your pineal gland and get a massive energy boost, from both the earth and the sun. A very wise man told me to do this and it has been a fantastic tool in my spiritual arsenal.

Anyways, the point of this thread is to acknowledge that you can feel the pulse of the earth if you plant your feet in the ground. Has anybody had a similiar experience? If you don't believe in this being the earth's "pulse", any theories as to what this might be?

For the record, I have experienced the same thing in various places over the world, so I doubt it was some local electrical impulse.

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I have been told many time that when feeling down and depressed go somewhere green barefoot, and feel the earth.
It does have a calming effect.
Living in the 1st floor of an apartment building, there is a sense of disconnect from nature that I don't get when I'm back home at my moms (ground floor house in the country).
I've heard say that the human body is in tune with the frequencies of the earth, and that we need to connect to it consciously once in a while if we live in the city.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
You're feeling your own pulse, not that of the Earth.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
no, thank you... i rather want Out of this silly matrix...

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

A drummer I used to play with was quite keen on this. He didn't explain it in terms of anything like feeling the earth's pulse; he called it "grounding" - a term I'm not unfamiliar with - and explained it in terms of discharging electrical energy, though I can't remember the terminology used.

At any rate, cool tip. I have to be honest, though, it's pretty darn cold and snowing off and on in my neck of the woods. I'll pass until spring.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
We are secondary. Compared to the earth we may betertiary or lower.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Where I live we have fire ants...I'll have to take a rain check on that.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: sekerofknowlege
The Earth is an alive, conscious organism, just as we are. Want proof of this? Plant your feet in the soil or in a sandy area and you can literally feel the pulse of the Earth! It's quite incredible. Don't believe me? Try it for your self.

If you feel any pulsing, it is your own heartbeat.
You have a literal heart to pump literal blood, the Earth does not.
A poetic heart, a metaphoric heart, do not literally beat.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

The "pulse" may be your own pulse (very prominent in the feet), but I I think this is a great idea for the psychological aspect of "connecting with nature." Maybe there's some sort of "metaphysical" component as well, maybe not.

I'll be giving it a go when the ground thaws and warms up enough in the spring.

A tip: should anyone ever offer to give you "concrete shoes" to reconnect with the city - don't do it!!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
There is a Taiwanese folk belief that has kind of the same idea. They think that standing barefooted or wearing cotton soled shoes allows one to feel the qi (the life force) of the earth and that doing so has a host of health benefits. I practice it off and on and find value in it.

take care,
Brian

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I like MiddleInitial's mention of electrical discharge. Most of our shoe soles are made of rubber which is an excellent insulator, leaving us electrically disconnected from the ground beneath our feet. Add to that fact that the body is full of electrical impulses and the Earth is a natural ground for electrical energy.

I suppose if the idea of chi, qi, and electrical blockages in the body are true, grounding ourselves to the Earth like this could have positive effects.

Plus, it does just feel nice to go barefoot sometimes.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I've tried this, however all I could hear from the ground was Mother earth bitching about Humanity and all the dread it's caused over the past few thousand years.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Placing bare feet firmly on the ground for about 30 minutes (preferably ground moist) has been called Earthing. For skeptics, read the book. Many people have been healed doing this. Best to take as many clothes off as possible and look at the sun. Preferably to do it in late morning hours rather than hotter afternoon especially in summer. Yes, I do feel the vibrations of the earth running up through my body. Try it, you will like it. Check your local ordinances: where I live women can take their tops off so I feel free to do that in my yard.

new topics

top topics

join