It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attackers Open Fire at Nightclub in Istanbul

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll
2016 ends.

2017 begins.

Nothing will change.

I was going to say something similar..

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Dumbass

Muslims see people that are joyful or successful and can't stand that someone is happy. They must bomb, shoot or destroy the 'evil' people celebrating life. What a bunch of sick assholes.

Those murdered in the nightclub were muslims who were joyful and happy you sick ***********.

Were they? Are you sure about that? Do you have any facts? My pardon if you do.

However, the "muslims" in turkey are a far cry from the hardlines appearing all over the world.

You really believe that anyone sain would travel to Turkey to celebrate new years eve after all the crazy # that has happened in 2016 ? Turkey isn't exactly known as a country where you would travel to celebrate new years eve so I'm really having hard time believing that this club was filled with non muslims.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Turkey is actually a very popular holiday destination for Europeans and others from around the region. The night club could have been filled with a variety of people.

Why does it matter if the victims were Muslim or not? People were killed by some murdering POS in a Santa outfit. ISIS and other terrorist groups do not limit their jihad and terrorist activities to non-Muslims. Muslims who are seen as too secular, too westernized, too moderate or West-Friendly also get targeted. And remember, Turkey is the most secular Muslim country on the planet, and not very well liked historically amongst Arabs. There are many Islamic extremist and separatist groups in the region that wish to destabilize Turkey, and de-westernize it, so they target other Turkish Muslims.

The terrorist in this case was wearing a Santa outfit. Odd choice for the run of the mill terror groups who usually don't bother dressing up. I wonder if this is a new group, or just a new tactic.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Lone gunman it is, according to the reports this morning. Despite all the witnesses speaking of at least 2-3 perps. The idea that one person could have killed 40 people and wounded dozens more is absurd, but hey, they got us to believe that same bizarre scenario in the Orlando/Pulse shooting, so why not?

As usual, the fix is in.
edit on 1-1-2017 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hmmm....

mobile.twitter.com...
"Turkish police officers dressed as Santa Claus to provide security in İstanbul tonight."

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Sure seems like someone really wants to drag Turkey into a serious conflict, between this and the ambassador shooting.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Terrorist traps?a reply to: dollukka

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Interesting. I looked for other sources stating that Turkish cops were going under as Santa, and it looks like it's true.

www.hurriyetdailynews.com...

www.dailysabah.com...

Well, well, well. In light of recent events, I think the plot got REALLY thick now.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It's amateur hour:

www.telegraph.co.uk...
The footage, obtained by Associated Press from Haberturk newspaper, shows the male assailant dressed in black and carrying a backpack as he shoots down a police officer outside the Reina nightclub.
Footage taken by a different camera shows him inside the club in Istanbul's Ortakoy neighborhood wearing different clothes and a Santa Claus hat.

Expect a news report any minute now saying the lone suspect had been killed evading capture.
edit on 1-1-2017 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Don't forget about the coup attempt.

Somebody wants regime change with a fierceness.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bassman89
a reply to: intrptr

Sure seems like someone really wants to drag Turkey into a serious conflict, between this and the ambassador shooting.

Or bring them into line (NATO). Considering the assassination of the Russian ambassador and the recent talks between Turkey, Russia and Iran, I'd say western higher ups are peeved with the direction Turkey is taking.

What if they broker a peace settlement that doesn't include the west?

All that blood and treasure to make Assad go, what a waste. What a(nother) tragic blight on NATOs bloody record.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
News says he got away. They are still looking for him. He escaped after the event.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Dumbass

Muslims see people that are joyful or successful and can't stand that someone is happy. They must bomb, shoot or destroy the 'evil' people celebrating life. What a bunch of sick assholes.

Those murdered in the nightclub were muslims who were joyful and happy you sick ***********.

Were they? Are you sure about that? Do you have any facts? My pardon if you do.

However, the "muslims" in turkey are a far cry from the hardlines appearing all over the world.

You really believe that anyone sain would travel to Turkey to celebrate new years eve after all the crazy # that has happened in 2016 ? Turkey isn't exactly known as a country where you would travel to celebrate new years eve so I'm really having hard time believing that this club was filled with non muslims.

American Survivor Describes Being Wounded in Istanbul Nightclub Attack: ‘I Just Let Him Shoot Me’

people.com...
edit on 2-1-2017 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join