It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attackers Open Fire at Nightclub in Istanbul

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Attackers Open Fire at Nightclub in Istanbul

Two attackers dressed in Santa Claus suits opened fire inside an Istanbul nightclub shortly after midnight on New Year’s Day, with initial reports saying that as many as 30 people were wounded, according to Turkish media.

NTV television said the attack occurred inside the Reina nightclub in the Ortakoy neighborhood.

Not much known as of yet.

some more sources:

'Many wounded' in Istanbul nightclub attack - BBC

T wo dead, dozens wounded' in Istanbul gun attack - euronews

An edit to update (thanks infolurker):

35 reported death so far.
short cctv

edit on 31-12-2016 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

Im getting 35 dead so far let me guess they were yelling 'Jesus Christ'or 'namo amithaba buddha'(sarcasm)
edit on 31-12-2016 by khnum because: spelling

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Thirty five people have been killed in an armed attack in an Istanbul nightclub, the city's governor has revealed.

The gunman, believed to have been dressed in a Santa costume, opened fire inside the Reina nightclub in Istanbul's Ortaköy district.

A further 40 people are thought to have been wounded in the attack, which has been captured in CCTV footage.

The location of the gunman is currently unknown.

It happened at one of the most popular nightclubs in the heart of Istanbul, and ambulances have been sent to the scene.

Special forces and explosives experts are currently searching the venue. The whereabouts of the attackers is unknown.

Istanbul Governor Osman Şahin has described the shooting as a terrorist attack.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Who cares it's new years eveeeee we all gotta go sometime! I aint scared of death i laugh i the face of danger woo haa

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Annunak1

Really? I just joined this site and my second reply is to that? "Self monitored vulgarity removed by autho.r".

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
More death in allah ackbar land....what a suprise.....

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1
Who cares it's new years eveeeee we all gotta go sometime! I aint scared of death i laugh i the face of danger woo haa

So disrespectful.

Many lost husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, friends today for simply celebrating the new year and you think it's one big #ing joke?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Really? What snide comment do you make when it's (just) another american school shooting? The USA is no shining beacon of civility either.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Many dead it seems.

Happy New Year...

Kill religion in all its forms.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

Loads.......... you are obviously knew around otherwise you would know that.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Outlets are reporting it now.

At least 35 people dead in Istanbul nightclub shooting. City Governor calls it a terrorist attack.

Initial reports suggest the shooter was wearing a Santa Claus costume. Eyewitnesses claim the attacker was speaking Arabic.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1

Your not gonna make it to new years if you don't cut back on the booze just a smidgen. Count yourself lucky you are sitting at home now or at least have a designated driver.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Most likely ISIS will take the blame from it as it has released Santa related threats.

Daily mail ISIS & SANTA

I wonder what more will come out..

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I don't speak Turkish, so a confirmation of a Turkish speaker or native would be appreciated;

But as translated on twitter:

Temp. gag order, issued by PM's Office, bans any coverage on the scene or suspects except official statements

twitter source
and
original statement

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Let me guess, the guys firing the guns were pissed off at people drinking alcohol?

I forget if it's forbidden there or not.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Mass murder in the most popular nightclub in the heart of Istanbul.

So thats obviously directed at the Turkish Gubment and its policies. Reprisal for slaughtering Kurds, the price for cozying up to Russia and Iran, or abandoning the insurgents in Syria.

Maybe all three.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Outlets are reporting it now.

At least 35 people dead in Istanbul nightclub shooting. City Governor calls it a terrorist attack.

Initial reports suggest the shooter was wearing a Santa Claus costume. Eyewitnesses claim the attacker was speaking Arabic.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Found this video/tweet

twitter.com...

which makes me wonder why the entrance was being videoed before the shooting actually started.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Most popular night clubs are tourist traps.. think again.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
2016 ends.

2017 begins.

Nothing will change.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join