It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tyler Perry Thinks Reverse Racism Is Real

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Perry is brave and honest man when he said the issue in the story is reverse racism. I know nothing about Perry, but I am impressed with this story.

Tyler Perry has a new show about a young women that comes out of the trailer park and into politics, and climbs out of poverty. But hold the phone, this women/cast is white and fans of Perry are not happy (reverse racism).

It already sounds like a cliche Perry saga: a woman with something to hide puts nothing before success and money, risking exposure at every turn. But there is one notable difference, the lead in Too Close To Home is white. In fact, most of the cast is white and fans of Perry are not happy about it.
www.refinery29.com...
Perry says this it total reverse racism, and I agree with him. He is a stand up guy for saying this and I usually couldn't care less about. In the story Perry basically says everyone has the same , we are all the same. Hold on we are supposed to be divided, because of color, religion.......

Responding to the criticism, Perry told the Associated Press, "That's totally reverse racism, because it was coming from African-American people. I don't know if it was because they thought I should only be giving jobs to Black people. Well, I think that's ridiculous." He clarified his views on cultural diversity by stating, “I'm just finding out more as I travel the country and world, the more I meet people, we're all the same." I have some issues here.

The author of this story disagrees with Perry, not a surprise. The author contends that racism involves a systemic and institutionalized disenfranchisement of a certain group of people, not the work of the individual. Bull-crap.

But to call it reverse racism is an even bigger reach. I wish I didn’t still have to type these words but: Reverse. Racism. Does. Not. Exist. Racism involves the systemic and institutionalized disenfranchisement of certain groups based on their race. It is not the work of an individual person, or their entertainment company. I’m not entirely sure why I felt so sure that Perry would understand that, but I was let down. The last time I checked, Hollywood is still thriving while drowning in a sea of white faces. So even if Perry did decide to exclusively employ people of color, it would be exclusionary to white people, but not enough to tip the entire racial hierarchy of the industry. If anything, it would be leveling the playing field.

edit on 31-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Reverse Racism doesn't exist.

It's still just Racism.

Reverse Racism makes no sense. What makes it reversed??

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It's always refreshing to hear something like this from grounded individuals who posses common sense. Too bad the author is a douche-bag. If ever we are to have true "unity" in the country, and in the WORLD, people need to start really listening to individuals like Perry.

Good thread, thanks.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

There had to be a special name so people would recognize it was non-white against/on white.

No one could believe it if it was just called good old racism.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yes, black people can be racist. It also isn't uncommon for black folks to treat white people like sh*t when the white person is in the minority.

It is funny, black folks will go nuts if say white people get cast for traditionally black roles, but then want to claim everything is all artsy if a black person is casts for a traditionally white role.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Ya, well some people are dumb.

What happens if it's not black on white or white on black??? Would it be sideways racism???

Reverse racism sounds like one race praising a different race.

If black against white is called Reverse Racism then that would define White against Black as Racism only. People make it way too complicated. It's all just racism.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Is it possible Tyler is looking for some free publicity and to draw white people to his series?

Tyler Perry probably doesn’t get many white folks at his movies so I doubt this one is doing well. Though I could be wrong. But now that he has publicized this issue about race he might be thinking or hoping white folks will say:

"Gee whiz Perry’s a great guy I might go see this movie"

The reason why I bring this up is that I looked through these stories for one critical comment by anyone and I didn’t find anything

This may not be fake news entirely just made up news

edit on 31-12-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
If there was no racism/sexism/homophobia/etc, etc, there would be nothing for all those with shortcomings to blame the White male patriarchy for. Everyone would then have to except that what is wrong with them doesn't make them "special", and would then have to face the horrible truth about themselves. Where would it all end?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
What do people call Racism in places where Whites aren't the majority???

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The patriarchy.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Reverse Racism doesn't exist.

It's still just Racism.

Reverse Racism makes no sense. What makes it reversed??

Those people that go around calling the GOP the party of rich old white guys.

Stuff like that.

Don't deny that reverse racism exists.

Hell the most notable example has been the faux outrage Trump won, and the race baiters losing their collective snip over it.

To go even further with this listening to the xenophobic rants about Russia for the last week.

edit on 31-12-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I think reverse racism is a total misnomer. Theres just racism. And its not bound to any ethnicity. Theres racism between Arabs and Jews. Theres racism between Chinese and Japanese. The media portrays racism as a solely American thing, of white folks against other groups (and yes this exists too), but racism isnt American, it is inherently human. And the only way to get better about it is two fold. First, protect groups from real racist attacks. Second, quit making everything about race and stop incorporating it into the fabric of society.
edit on 31-12-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Aren't both parties the party of rich old white guys for the most part. As far as the majority of their membership anyway. Politics in general seems to be rich old white guys actually.

Reverse Racism just doesn't make sense. Unless you already think racism is only white against black. But even then doesn't makes sense because reversing it doesn't mean a reversal of who's doing it to who it would mean reversing what is being done. So reverse racism would mean putting others race above yours and praising them.

Plus, like I said earlier what happens if it's white or black against brown??? Would that be like 2gear racism or something???

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Exactly. Racism is just racism. Reversing it would mean canceling it out not just changing the colors of who's playing.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Agreed, I don't make this crap up. I think this would take care of itself if we didn't have people stirring the pot.

The police acted stupidly always comes to mind.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Yep. Never underestimate a persons ability to make the uncomplicated complicated for no reason whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Reverse racism is a term that refers basically to black people coming to hate whites because of the experience of their oppression.

Though, some black intellectuals think that it is meaningless because they say since black people have little power their racism doesn’t count.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
If reverse racism is caused by blacks being oppressed (something I don't agree with), what is white racism is caused by?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Right. But just reversing the victim and oppressor doesn't change what is being done. It's still just racism only the positions have changed.

Intellectuals have confused the issue. Although I understand what they're saying, the problem is that only intellectuals actually use that terminology like that. Racism to them means not only being a bigot but also having the power to implement or enforce that bigotry because you also have the position of power over others.

So if it's a white hating blacks because of race it's called racist. But if it's blacks hating whites it's only bigotry because they don't have the same power over society as whites. While I get what they're trying to say I think it just confuses the issue and makes more problems than it solves by defining it that way.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The other word for reverse racism is...
HATEN'

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join