It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

interdimensional or extraterrestrial?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The military

That's identified flying objects...

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morg234
That's identified flying objects...

Black projects are not identified.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhyDidIJoin

originally posted by: humanoidlord
a reply to: WhyDidIJoin

theory: aliens???

Theory: Humans from a different Era (Not necessarily the future).

I don't think it's aliens, I think it's more like from the show 'Fringe', us from the very distant future.

If you take the earliest grey alien stories at face value. A common denominator is they come here to breed with us because their genetic pool isnt diverse at all anymore, which caused them problems. Well first off, species don't normally interbreed, it's extremely rare for that to happen, almost non existent.

Ergo, they must be related to us apart of the exact same species, just from a completely different era. That's if you were to think about it logically.

Not if they do gene splicing and DNA manipulation to incorporate their own into human and then gestate the results within a host or incubation.. Kind of gruesome but it is already possible...

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

ok so this is a little debate thread i created :
the premise is this:
what do you think is the origin of ufos?
interdimensional extraterrestrial or something else
disscuss
say what is your favorite theory and why

Often debated by many but I do tend to lean towards the fact that there is a mix between military black projects and life from other planets. Life exists here, we are not special so this would deem life elsewhere should exist. There would be no credible or sensible argument to deem only life exists on earth. So, have those beings been able to visit us? Well, we are on the verge of visiting other planets ourselves and have done already. So why not the other way around?

Inter-dimensional, I agree our world is not plain as it seems but traveling between dimensions. I think that part if too far fetched and I do like far fetched ideas. However some do seem to be too out there.

I would just hold that our understanding of how we can travel as beings is not yet understood, at how immense things could be.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'm down with both extremes, although idea of e.t origins is alot more easier to grasp then some kind of psonic creature from beyond the grave origin story.

One thing I've wondered is that are e.t well aware of life forms that extend beyond the physical and could they interact with each other. Wether psychically, mentally to even virtually.

I don't believe these have anything to do with any country or miltary due to the antiquity of these being around way before the first plane. And I doubt our scientists have the ingenuity or elegance combined with savaergy of making an orange ufo that slams into possible threats like they were anti bodies would they?

edit on 1-1-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I've seen 3 UFOs in my life so far and I still couldn't tell you. All I know is they absolutely do not behave in a way that makes sense to my layman knowledge of physics. The incredible speeds and maneuverability of the last UFO i saw (back in 2010) made it seem as fluid in the sky as the red dot from a laser pointer when you move it around on a wall.

Whether they're a projection of human consciousness, time travelers from the future or an actual alien race - all I can say is they most definitely exist and when we find out what they are it really will change everything.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Why don't you have a 3rd option? Neither, totally mundane explanation.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

a reply to: Number17

theory: unspecified
quite sad that you fall on the disclosure fallacy
the truth is that it will never happen
because it isnt the governamment that hide ufos its scientific isntutions
we the public should make the difference

Theory: Kind of both, I believe we have been visited in different ways and I believe a false alien flag is a part of the "game" and probably the first thing we see !

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: RedSeraph

Agreed. When seeing how these objects behave in the sky, I find it incredibly hard to buy that it's a "military black box project"... I'd imagine the amount of energy required to perform these feats (incredible speed, dematerializing, etc.) is FAR out of our reach as a species at this point in time.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

theory: mix between aliens and military black projects

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

theory: aliens
note: i will do that to all theory posts

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RedSeraph

theory: undetermined

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

i acept other explanations beyond that ones
theory:natural phenomena?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Yes, natural or man made.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I've been researching this subject for over 10 years, and this is the exact question i ask my self now.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I believe they are inter-dimensional. The hundreds of UFO sightings that describe maneuvers that defy "known" physics (right angle turns at high velocity, fading in an out, transparency, light year travel, etc.) make a lot more sense when viewed as an inter-dimensional phenomena. The real question is what is their agenda. IMO, it's not good.
edit on 2-1-2017 by VVV88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Theoretical "physics" allows for a multi dimensional "reality". Your post is a matter of semantics.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Your third option is, of course, terrestrial. The biggest problem here is that if you restrict yourself to explanations other than terrestrial, you have to invoke issues which are beyond the realm of science as we know it. If they are extra-terrestrial, you have to explain how they got here in a universe where the speed of light is a real limitation. If inter-dimensional, you have to explain just how those multiple dimensions work. Right now we don't have an acceptable theory. It's all speculation. I'm not saying any of this is inherently impossible. Maybe there is a way to get to warp speeds and exceed the speed of light in ways that are practical for traveling. But speculation and science fiction do not make it so. We lack the theoretical framework to show how you could do this.

The inter-dimensional hypothesis suffers from the same thing. And String Theory doesn't cut it. Intuitively many people feel the inter-dimensional theory is true. Religions are based on it, but even if it is true, that doesn't mean UFOs come from there. The inter-dimensional theory is used as a kind of excuse because the extra-terrestrial theory has the speed of light problem. There's no real correlation.

Once you get beyond science you have anecdotes and speculation. Somebody says they have been abducted. you believe it. That's enough for you. Once you get to this level, though, it's a wide-open field where anything you can think up in your imagination must be true. As we have repeatedly seen, it's also a realm where deceit and charlatanism are common. You have both people who are intentionally deceptive and people who are wide-eyed believers in anything that sounds good and resonates with them. You can't separate the wheat from the chaff here with any kind of certainty.

The vast majority of UFOs are clearly mis-perceptions. they are daylight disks or nocturnal lights in the sky and nothing to get particularly excited about. People mistake clouds, planets, the Moon, and streetlights for UFOs all the time. And very likely there are terrestrial military craft out there that look very strange. The military is on record snickering that such things as stealth aircraft have been reported as UFOs. Such mis-identification is encouraged.

Take, for example, Greer's press conference in 2001. There were seventy hand-picked witnesses at the conference and/or the accompanying book. out of seventy 22 actually saw something. The vast majority have been told stories, seen message traffic, or seen blips on a radar screen. In the final analysis you have a Baker's Dozen that have actually seen something--out of seventy. It's hearsay evidence. And these guys are supposed to be the best of the best. So when people say there are millions of reports, therefore it must be true, they're not taking into consideration the quality of the reports. Most of the Project Blue Book reports, which I have seen and read in conjunction with the ATS Archival project, are a single sentence: "Witness saw a distant light in the sky moving rapidly west to east."

Bottom Line is that we lack the theoretical framework to determine where UFOs come from. OP's declaration of space aliens versus inter-dimensional leaves out the most likely explanation for almost all UFOs: Terrestrial. And the number of credible reports we have is a very small percentage of all of them, with a great many relying on hearsay evidence, imagination, and speculation as "explanations" for what is going on. Add to that the number of charlatans in the field and your sample size is rather small. The vast majority of "sightings" are daylight disks and nocturnal lights, which are really nothing to get excited about. If you think you know the answer, you're guessing.

Thank you for adding some sanity to this thread. As much as I want to believe in UFOs alien visitation, it is unlikely. If it has occurred, and I will not go so far to say that it has not, it would be extremely rare. The problems with any extraterrestrial or inter-dimensional theory are immense. Even sightings like the O'hare Airport sighting, which were widely seen, could easily have been a military drone. There is not one shred of evidence that it was from outside this world or dimension even though it could not be identified or explained by those that saw it. Why wouldn't the military want to test something like that at an airport to see what would happen?

I fervently believe there is other intelligent life in our galaxy and billions of intelligent civilizations within the universe. But, as Carl Sagan indicated, intelligent life within our galaxy may be limited to a dozen or so planets. Given our limited knowledge of exoplanets, that may be close. While there may be more of them than we imagined, the ones we have found probably don't hold intelligent life. The further they are located from us, the less likely they are to get here.

If I had to guess, humans are at least 1 thousand years from trying an interestellar mission. Humans may never have a successful one. It may ultimately become a mission of survival if we kill off our own planet. The technical obstacles to success are so daunting it is almost unbelievable. While other civilizations may have accomplished this, I would think it is extraordinarily rare. I think most of the sightings are a trick of light, a terrestrial military craft or simply a mistaken account. I saw one once or so I thought. I am guessing what I really saw was the reflection of a high altitude military craft.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: VVV88

Are you are talking about parallel universes, or different dimensions?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: VVV88

It's not good based on how they move?

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join