It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things you can't say in 2017

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
My point was, there's no such thing as "you can't say"...

You can't say Rindfleischetikettierungsueberwachungsaufgabenuebertragungsgesetz...

*drops the mic...*

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Kali74

But last I checked, the Constitution didn't cover candy asses.

Far as I know, even candy asses are protected...as annoying as that may be at times.

There should be consequences, be it losing business, or just a sock in the jaw...or worse, I suppose. Depending upon, of course, what is said.

When did, and I mean this as just a general question, being polite become "politically correct", and a bad thing?

To be blunt, it became bad when people decided to reject stereotyping and the notion of a superior type of person.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Most people have, historically, called this... college.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

It is a bit hard to deny when bodies start piling up from people who are whistle blowers or otherwise all near and around the same 2 people. Where there is smoke there is fire, in this case where there is a trail of bodies there is murder.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

That made absolutely no sense whatsoever. But you get 10 privilege points for trying so hard.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I'm not sure I understand.

Maybe it's my cold/flu medicine, but I'm having a real issue deciphering that. Not saying you're wrong or right...just having trouble figuring out what you're saying.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Rindfleischetikettierungsueberwachungsaufgabenuebertragungsgesetz! HA! So there!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I'm not sure I understand.

Maybe it's my cold/flu medicine, but I'm having a real issue deciphering that. Not saying you're wrong or right...just having trouble figuring out what you're saying.

Its not you

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It became political correctness (which is bad and dangerous for some reason) when manners started including rejecting stereotypes of minorities.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Ah, got it...

Sorry.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
It became political correctness (which is bad and dangerous for some reason) when manners started including rejecting stereotypes of minorities.

We got to this point because of a new brand of extremist "progressives" - now commonly referred to as 'Social Justice Warriors' - started their crusade of irrational and illogical attacks on everyone and anyone who dared speak words that might be deemed offensive. And the push back wouldn't have gone this far if it wasn't for the fact that the mainstream/establishment media tried to force this leftist agenda down our throats, to the point where freedom of speech is not so free as you'd like to think.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join