It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things you can't say in 2017

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: jalmo1

Okay, maybe you can answer my previous question...

What happens if you say these things that aren't supposed to say?

I gave my cousin a safety pin and a blanket for xmas. I really did. She was triggered.. yet knowing me well, laughed it off. I got stuck with a safety pin with a yellow duck on it. Like the ones you used to do diapers with in the day.. and it took FOREVER to find. Bitch probably gave me tetanus.

So what happens to you is that you get tetanus if you say or do those things.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

I say the same thing. They are only Words for Dragon Godz Sakes!! Right?! I mean WTF anyway. If I want to call some one an asshole I will. If I want to say something derogatory, I will. If they cant handle being spoken to from a Street Person's point of view, I say F$%^ 'em!!! What the hell anyway?!?!? They are only WORDS!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Fantastic thread rockin.! I must bump this and marked only
one post. I had to read everyone's first, because this kills me...
election fraud. I'd rather get truthful bad news than none at all.
And if it's 'my enemy' Have a bottle of Blue Goose on me, Vlad.

If somebody is so egotistical they don't even cheat enough, ...
I don't think so.
And I don't believe anybody should start a war on an allegation.
Barry. The SS stopped Nixon from doing it, they will you too.

Go play a few rounds of golf until it's time to clean out your locker.

And if I hear 'fake news' and 'alternative media' in the same breath
again I'm going to rip my own head off and look around to share.
If I was politically correct Operation Mockingbird would be verboten.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
JOkes aside, I try to learn a new word every day... or phrase.. and use it. Sme were hard to fit into convo, but ATS assisted. WHere else can you use the word nebbish and it fit into the convo flawlessly? ATS, thats where.

But words are powerful. They CAN and DO hurt. At times I count on them hurting. In court they are used for effect, or affect. In love letters the same. From the mouth of your spouse or your child. From the cop who pulls you over or the opponent smack talking you before a fight. Words definitely DO hurt. Sometimes sticks and stones would be preferable to the damage words can do to a person.

My biggest problem with words is that they are used so carelessly. Rudeness is one thing that can make me give a damn enough to order you out of my home, get up and walk away in a restaurant, slap the HELL out of you, hit you with something, anything at hand, and etc.

SO those of you who want to wield words and all their power willy nilly and just verbally vomit on people, just remember, words can get you hurt too.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: JesusXst

Haha you're the first one to comment on that.

I drew inspiration from this

lol... Long Live Wayne

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Perhaps you should have given your cousin a blanket embossed with Trumps face. That would have super triggered her!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I had a member on this forum accuse my icon of being a nazi insignia ...I CREATED the thing...they INSIST the definition is correct as is their judgement of another.
I for one tend to be rude and forward,WHY WASTE time?
My friends enjoy it.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

That's right! If You want to say something, I say Go for it! I do the same. If they cower from it I kinda feel bad, but then I think, S H Iz it's only words!!

EDIT: I love Your Avatar!! It rocks!!!
edit on 1-1-2017 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I suppose that could come after those?? Deck somebody and the odds of that happening increase substantially...

I'll continue to say what I've got to say. Politely as possible where ever possible. Calling people what they want to be called, so long as they're polite in return.

Seems reasonable to me.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Donka, I am a Klingon fan and devised my OWN genetically altered colony genre it covers my weird part.
I was hoping to get it legally as my identifyer but SANE people are taking over now...NEVER GET ANY FUN!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

F%$# The Sane peoples!
Say what Ya want, When Ya want!!!
Klingon's are an Awesome Tribe!!!
I will not let 'Them' take over!! Oh Hell No!!!!

Have A Great One!! I'm outta here for the night. Crash time....

edit on 1-1-2017 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

munch

Backup there. I am the organiser of the Fife & Tayside Munch, what am I supposed to call it?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
oh, all the stuff associated with racist , bigots or male chauvinist . cool

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

i got a bad feeling that you wont be able to say that net neutrality is a good thing in 2017.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

So let's all remember to tread lightly and use correct language. The following is a list of unacceptable phrases and terms that have no place in today's progressive society:

Wow - your OP is so Late 2015/Early 2016

Why even worry? Political correctness is long dead

Enjoy

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Well yes

My point was, there's no such thing as "you can't say"... all this whining about political correctness is silly. There's not one thing stopping anyone in the country from saying what they want to say, how they want to say it. The real problem is that people want to be able to say things and not have consequences for saying them. But last I checked, the Constitution didn't cover candy asses.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

add:

Crazy
Lame
and the promotion of rational thinking to that.

everydayfeminism.com...

1. Being Rational Has No Inherent Value

2. Rationalism Is a Tool Made to Hurt Us

3. We Are Enough Without Rationalism

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Wee see the politically "Correct" shut down or attempting to shut down conversation they dont like on a daily basis

Go ahead, deny it like you would.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

But last I checked, the Constitution didn't cover candy asses.

Far as I know, even candy asses are protected...as annoying as that may be at times.

There should be consequences, be it losing business, or just a sock in the jaw...or worse, I suppose. Depending upon, of course, what is said.

When did, and I mean this as just a general question, being polite become "politically correct", and a bad thing?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: seagull

Well yes

My point was, there's no such thing as "you can't say"... all this whining about political correctness is silly. There's not one thing stopping anyone in the country from saying what they want to say, how they want to say it. The real problem is that people want to be able to say things and not have consequences for saying them. But last I checked, the Constitution didn't cover candy asses.

So, for all those "whistleblowers" and discoverers of something evil that have passed away suspiciously in the last year, or thirty, really? There is really nothing you can't say, and that's all about "political correctness," and nothing darker or more pervasive, that we can't seem to end, because no one can live and talk about it, simultaneously???

Is that what you would remark to the list of folks dead who were standing on Dealy Plaza the day Kennedy died, and twenty years hence are part of a long compilation of listing of folks who died suspiciously, young, and had nothing really in common but just happening to be in Texas that fateful day?
tetra

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join