It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats are in trouble

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There is some truth in that, obviously, but let me ask you this: what is in it for California to be a part of the US? They don't get a say in the primaries. They don't get a say in the general. They pay $1.50 for every dollar they get back in Federal spending.

It seems like they are paying twice to be reviled and joked about by the rest of the country. Maybe it's time for a divorce?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

They aren't the only ones who get reviled and joked about.

How often do you see people on the coasts making absolute mean-spirited crap out of what they perceive to be the rubes of hicksville out in flyover?

What's in it for us to keep them?

We can grow our own food and we have our own natural resources out here that they tell us over and over not to touch.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Don't be so quick to think they are in trouble. They are going to do everything possible to ruin things while the Republicans are in control so that they can say once and for all the the Republican way doesn't work. It starts with the economy and interest rate hike. They have left the interest rate at 0 for Obama for 8 freaking years and now they will raise it in an economy that is not what they tell us it is. It will continues with Russia, accusing Russia of everything they can regardless of if it's true or not in an attempt to strain our relationship with them and set up some conflict. Gas prices will go up, the censoring of real news like email leaks will get worse and the pushing of liberal fake news and talking points will be shoved down our throats. Not to mention Trump isn't really as conservative as he acts. This could end up being the best thing that's happened to them based on how corrupt and dirty they are. It is wonderful to see how many seats they have lost across the board since the POSOTUS has been in office though.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Good God.. I hope that baby pic isnt a relative. Horrifyingly ugly baby! YIKES.. put it back in.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Wouldnt it be curious if disillusioned Republicans ( I am one.. no longer a repub) and disillusioned Democrats magically get together and make their own party. They/we've left our old parties for nearly the exact same reasons. We have a lot in common. It would be like the government would try to prevent that by pitting parties and people against eachother.

Sometimes the awake are actually sound asleep or sleeping with their eyes open.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
Wouldnt it be curious if disillusioned Republicans ( I am one.. no longer a repub) and disillusioned Democrats magically get together and make their own party. They/we've left our old parties for nearly the exact same reasons. We have a lot in common. It would be like the government would try to prevent that by pitting parties and people against eachother.

Sometimes the awake are actually sound asleep or sleeping with their eyes open.

A similar thing happened in the UK when disaffected members of the Labour and Liberal parties broke off and formed the Social Democratic Party (SDP) it was a short lived, unmitigated disaster. The leading figures, known as "The Gang Of Four" broke away because they believed the Labour party had become too left wing and had been infiltrated by Trotskyites at the grass roots level, which is a delicious historical irony, if ever there was one.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I grew up there. I've heard the jokes. A lot of them were poking fun at our own rednecks (central Cal, Bakersfield, etc) but there were some jokes about "the south."

The thing is: they only really come up in the context of (usually) poor attempts at comedy. The folks in Conyers / Covington brought up "Californians" all the time when I lived there, like the name of the state itself was some kind of expletive.

All of that is beside the point, however. California has tens of millions of acres of dairy and grows more fruits and vegetables than Florida. Everyone is east of them so your pollution is all long-term, unlike China, for example. They can get along just fine without the rest of us. What is in it for them to stay in a union that overtaxes them without offering equal representation in the federal government?

Californians get no say in the primaries. They get less than zero say in the national popular vote, and worse -- some of you actually talk as if their vote should be discounted anyway because they *are* Californians.

I think it's past time we let you have what you want: an eastern (and largely "southern") version of the US. I wish you nothing but the best, honestly. I've got better things to do than manage a humanitarian crisis out my own backdoor.
edit on 1-1-2017 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: awhispersecho

You do math, right?

You can't drastically cut taxes without raising interest rates. That's how you get inflation.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Interest rates were going up no matter what, it did not matter who got the oval office.

It has to go up, they cant force it to stay at 0% any more.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Thanks, but I was specifically addressing "awhispersecho" who seems to mistake the effect for the cause. The interest rate question was simply the first point made in his rant.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

If by in trouble, you mean totally unrepresented by professional politicians, then yes, I entirely agree with you.

I think the real trouble is, that there are an awful lot of people in the United States who know for certain that conservative policy is deadly, toxic, derived from ignorance and built with spite and punishment in mind, as opposed to anything remotely noble, but are also aware that the political left, the Democrat party itself, is NOT full of properly left leaning people, but persons who have dressed themselves up as something they are not.

There is no actual party for the left, there is no proper voicebox in D.C. for people who really want to see left wing ideals promoted, as they exist at grass roots level in the country. The best they can hope for, is that the people they elected from the conservative right, are at least honest enough and compassionate enough, to do as their electorate demand of them when it comes time to mark their name beside a proposition, or slap it down.

Its a sorry state of affairs, and the Democrat party (with perhaps some small, notable exceptions) is entirely to blame for preventing the voices of millions of left leaning voters from being heard, for denying them a candidate of merit. There will have to be a reckoning in that regard, between the voter base, and the DNC. If the DNC wants to remain even remotely relevant, its going to have to rid itself of every single high dollar earner, and become a working persons party, a party for the street sweepers, laundry staff, bricklayers and dust cart drivers, a party for the working poor, for the disenfranchised, a party with roots in, and a membership at every level which is exclusively and entirely devoted to improving the lives of the hardest working and least rewarded citizens, not the corporate, executive, profit driven masters it has been serving lately.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Good God.. I hope that baby pic isnt a relative. Horrifyingly ugly baby! YIKES.. put it back in.

No, it's not.

I got it out of a compilation of Pinterest baby fails. He's just an insanely angry looking baby and he made me crack up for a long time one morning at work. So I thought I would share.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

These things go in cycles. Things may change again during mid-term elections, depending on how horrible Trump and his cabinet are.

well the thing to keep in mine here is not some cyclic yin and yang but the fact that there has been an ongoing bleeding out of the Dems over 3 election periods and that they are down to record lows. Lows not seen in most of our lifetimes. And most of the loss taking place under a dem executive. The old faces of the party have become disgusting reminders of power gluttony joined with incompetence and contempt for the people.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No, it's not.

I got it out of a compilation of Pinterest baby fails. He's just an insanely angry looking baby and he made me crack up for a long time one morning at work. So I thought I would share.

LOL...Ill get you for this Batman! Ill get you!

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Worse than not giving left leaners a voice, save for the really crazy sort of left leaning wackazoo sorts, the Dems have been flat out telling the other half of americans to shut the f up about the constitution and what not and that they are all a bunch of throwback racist hicks lead by a big capital money guy. Yes vote dem and mother dear will do whats best for one and all and mother do you think they will drop the bomb baaa-uulll-sazzzz ect.

And no, the real hate, spite and anger at ground level is coming out from the left from the street to the big outhouse out east and thank god the wind blows easterly most of the time.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Eh, the hate has been coming from everywhere. That's just par for the course.

But its not worse at all that the Dems have been telling the other half to pipe down, its just bad. It is MUCH worse that they have denied the REAL left a voice, much, much worse. In their determination to remain in power, they have destroyed the power of the grass roots activist, by ensuring that no matter how much noise they make, no matter how righteous their cause, they will not have a route to affect change in the next administration in the least.

I cannot think of a greater indictment of a party, than that. It goes against the fundamental reason for forming a party in the first place. Its job is to give a voice to the streets, not to take it away.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'm independent & don't like any politician at president levels
However..if people think the Elephants are doing great
and aren't in as much decline as the Donkeys,
they are in for an even bigger wake up call and SOON.

The only reason the Republicans are not doing soul searching
is because of a fluke named Trump.
He offered something completely different on the ticket
just happened to be wrapped up as a republican.

Young people are really really mad .
They don't vote because they know it's BS.
The first real look at this problem will be Jan 20 and after.
Donald and his appointees will realize "uh oh...
The kids are NOT alright "
Maybe Pennsylvania Ave being torched from one end to the other
will lead them to that conclusion?
The House Senate and Supreme Court, are worthless if the whole place is
on fire.
I did not and am not endorsing Hillary,she blew it a long time ago
but Trump is going to change the destiny of the USA forever.
And if some think it's for the better they have not paid attention.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

Got to disagree. Republicans have been gaining back seats from the point of Obamas 1st mid tern. Hillary could have won and still lost the senate and house. Now the fact that she didn't win and dems also lost Senate is an axiomatic connection. Trump effecting this is not a certain postulation. This thing was rolling with republicans looking among the candidates and choosing Trump but same effect would have been had with Cruz win or lose.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I think you are mistaken, nearly half of registered voters are independent, they are the true unrepresented portion of the country.

The vast majority of Trump voters I have talked to in real life did so because the thought of a hillary presidency scared them bad enough they figured a trump presidency would at worst be grid lock in congress for 4 years.

While Hillary would have enough pull through the dirt her family has acquired over the years to get things done, an she would have a chance to follow through by throwing the supreme court so far to the left they could start picking and choosing what rights the average american really gets.

Bottom line is neither party represents the average american and hasent in my lifetime, part of the reason I plan to spend the rest of my life trying to get a viable alternative up to the federal level.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Fox... dont like it find your own link

Democratic U.S. Senate seats fell from 55 to 46. Their share of the House plummeted from 256 seats to 194. Republicans still control both chambers going into the next session. Democratic governerships also became a rarity during this eight-year period, slipping from 28 to 16. The Obama years, which saw the rise of the Tea Party as well as a new movement form around Trump that is still being defined, coincided with a loss of 958 state legislative seats for Democrats.

(this is over the last 8 years)

(if I missed it being posted apologies I tried to search)

I have seen here and on other web sites that the liberal progressive movement is fine, Trump was an aberration or he only got elected thanks to Russia etc...

Ok lets leave the oval office out of it, look at the rest of the country, over 1000 seats lost between the federal and state levels!

How can any of the normally intelligent and aware left leaning folks here, look at those numbers and still think the DNC is not off the rails in trouble?

Can someone refute the numbers, and explain how the democratic party is not in trouble?

It certainly appears that more independents (something like 40% of registered voters) are turning away from the Democrats, which leaves them Republicans or some fringe third parties. (personally I hope some of the third parties actually get their stuff together)

To top it off, they go and keep Pelosi as the house minority leader... she has helped ramrod the train wreck the party is having, how out of touch are these people?

And they are stupid enough to think that by doing more of the same is going to make it better. The left is laughable. They were caught with their hands in the cookie jar as being liars, corrupt, bigots, users, money hungry, partisan, bias...what else? Now they are running around bumping into walls and crapping their pants because everyone in the world knows exactly how bad they really are...and have always been.

2017 is going to be so much fun! Every day I watch the news and smile about how wonderful of a President Trump is...and he isn't even President yet. And the best the left can do is come up with some childish, petty and laughable "Make America Sick Again" slogan? I couldn't live being such an embarrassment. It is like the whole party decided to act like Anthony Wiener.

HA! Just imaging a thousand Anthony Wieners running around, bumping into walls crying "what do we do...what do we do...INSERT FART SOUND...Ooops!".

See...again I'm smiling.

edit on 1/5/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join