It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats are in trouble

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Fox... dont like it find your own link

Democratic U.S. Senate seats fell from 55 to 46. Their share of the House plummeted from 256 seats to 194. Republicans still control both chambers going into the next session. Democratic governerships also became a rarity during this eight-year period, slipping from 28 to 16. The Obama years, which saw the rise of the Tea Party as well as a new movement form around Trump that is still being defined, coincided with a loss of 958 state legislative seats for Democrats.

(this is over the last 8 years)

(if I missed it being posted apologies I tried to search)

I have seen here and on other web sites that the liberal progressive movement is fine, Trump was an aberration or he only got elected thanks to Russia etc...

Ok lets leave the oval office out of it, look at the rest of the country, over 1000 seats lost between the federal and state levels!

How can any of the normally intelligent and aware left leaning folks here, look at those numbers and still think the DNC is not off the rails in trouble?

Can someone refute the numbers, and explain how the democratic party is not in trouble?

It certainly appears that more independents (something like 40% of registered voters) are turning away from the Democrats, which leaves them Republicans or some fringe third parties. (personally I hope some of the third parties actually get their stuff together)

To top it off, they go and keep Pelosi as the house minority leader... she has helped ramrod the train wreck the party is having, how out of touch are these people?

edit on 31-12-2016 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Well those nasty Republicans just gerrymandered the entire country.

link   

I agree, especially in regards that corrupt ol dinosaur Pelosi. If they wanted to grow they certainly would replace that stagnant hag and bring in some fresh thinkers under less corruption.

link   
Oh ... and racists!

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Yep, republicans own it now.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

These things go in cycles. Things may change again during mid-term elections, depending on how horrible Trump and his cabinet are.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

We will take a page out of your play book. Even when Obama had house and senate it was still Bush's fault ... so in 8 years we will just blame Obama. I mean .. the left wouldnt be a hypocrite and agree when Obama said it and balk when trump says it.. right?

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Yep, republicans own it now.

I don't know.

Even when the Democrats passed Obamacare with a supermajority vote and absolutely NO Republican votes, they still made up a lie about how the whole thing is a failure because of Republican obstructionism and tricks.

Somehow, they didn't own and a lot of people believe it's the Republicans fault it failed.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Look at the leadership.
Donna Brazile is in charge of the Democratic Party right now.
With the party members tolerating that, the Democratic Party should be in trouble.

There is no excuse for her chairing the DNC now.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

I agree, especially in regards that corrupt ol dinosaur Pelosi. If they wanted to grow they certainly would replace that stagnant hag and bring in some fresh thinkers under less corruption.

Knowing how self destructive the democrats are I bet Pelosi will be there next presidential candidate......

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Look at the leadership.
Donna Brazile is in charge of the Democratic Party right now.
With the party members tolerating that, the Democratic Party should be in trouble.

There is no excuse for her chairing the DNC now.

It's like they are the party of dumb and dumber. They went from Wasserman-Schultz to her.

She has to be more competent when she's not on the spot in an interview, but then again, she went into media, so you'd think she'd be competent on camera in an interview.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

But but Hillary won the popular vote!

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

But but Hillary won the California vote!

There. I fixed it for you.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

The Democrats have stopped listening to "the little people". They have become the party of Hollywood and the rich. Some fall for their theatrics but most working class people know better, and it's showing in the elections.
Pelosi saying "Democrats don't want a new direction " link
shows how out of touch with The American people they are. As long as they allow their leadership to hijack the party, nothing will improve for them.
edit on 12/31/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
What happened to "the Republican Party is dead" that I was hearing during the election?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
From the same people who claimed jesus and santa where really white people, cmn is garbage, fox is out of this world.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

So you have nothing to refute the OP...gotcha

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Should've embraced Bernie. Oh well, now you reap the rewards of sticking with the Establishment Old Guard.

Have fun New (old) Democrats, may your decline be as humiliating as that of the Bush Republicans.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
What happened to "the Republican Party is dead" that I was hearing during the election?

Careful.

We were in the toilet there for a bit. I don't think we were this low, but it was bad.

Fortunes can reverse quickly, so we better hope that Trump doesn't prove to be as big a disaster as Obama turned out to be. Obama himself was personally popular, but his policies and approach killed his party up and down the ticket, and now Democrats have a long slog to get out of the wilderness.

But if Trump and the Republican party blow it, things can change very quickly. So I wouldn't gloat just yet.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I personally would like to thank Obama and hillary for destroying the party.

Remember the media telling us the GOP was falling apart. When in reality it is possibly the most dominant it has ever been in history.

They were 4 election cycles early on pushing their identity politics.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join