It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left Hypocrisy on Serve / No Serve; Don't Tell Me 'Both Sides Do It'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

A Halal restaurant serves Halal food. Pork is not Halal food.

A bakery serves cake. A gay wedding cake is made out of the same ingredients as any other wedding cake.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

BINGO!!

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

A mistake that the producers made. Each dancer is a private contractor and is supposed to have autonomy over their performances, if that wasn't in the contract for the inauguration then the producers are at fault and should swallow whatever legal action ensues.

link   
a reply to: buster2010

No.

She brought God into it.

She sent a resignation letter to the choir president this week.
"I've tried to tell myself that it will be all right and that I can continue in good conscience before God and man," Chamberlin wrote in a Facebook post.

It was a moral and religious objection.

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

If a baker's religion doesn't allow him to bake cakes, then he shouldn't be in the cake-making business. If they choose to be in the cake-making business, then they should make cakes.

If a Muslim's religion doesn't allow him to cook and serve pork, then he shouldn't be in the bacon-selling business. If they choose to be in the bacon-selling business, then they should cook pork.

How hard is that?

Um, what if a Muslim just own a regular restaurant......and last I checked regular restaurants sell bacon. For example, the gas station up the road is run by a Muslim family.....if they refused to sell bacon egg and cheese sandwiches, should I be able to force them to?

I mean screw them right? Just do not open up a gas station.......sigh
edit on am1212201616America/Chicago31p10am by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

No because they don't serve to pork products to anyone, not just you. Anti-discrimination laws cannot force businesses to sell products they don't normally sell.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

They should be forced to serve the products they sell to everyone else.

A baker bakes cakes. That's what they sell. They should be forced to serve the products they sell to everyone else.

A Muslim should not be forced to sell bacon any more than a baker should be forced to decorate a cake with penises and pentagrams (bakers are not forced to sell cakes with penises and pentagrams, by the way).

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The hypocrites are going wild again.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

A Halal restaurant serves Halal food. Pork is not Halal food.

A bakery serves cake. A gay wedding cake is made out of the same ingredients as any other wedding cake.

What a swing and whiff.

Halal refers to the process by which the meat is prepared, not the meat itself. So theoretically, pork could be prepared by the Halal process. The hangup is that pork is declared to be unclean meat. So it would be sacrilegious to prepare pork by the process, and it would be asking a Muslim to commit sacrilege to force them to do so.

A wedding according to Biblical scripture is between a man and woman only. Theoretically, you can perform on with a man and man or a woman and woman. The hangup is that both God in the OT and later Christ in the NT declared that marriage is only to be recognized as being between a man and woman. So it would be sacrilegious to perform and celebrate a marriage between any two other individuals other than a man and a woman, and it would be sacrilege to ask a Christian to participate in the performance and celebration of one.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

If a baker's religion doesn't allow him to bake cakes, then he shouldn't be in the cake-making business. If they choose to be in the cake-making business, then they should make cakes.

If a Muslim's religion doesn't allow him to cook and serve pork, then he shouldn't be in the bacon-selling business. If they choose to be in the bacon-selling business, then they should cook pork.

How hard is that?

I'm almost scared to ask, but what business are you in?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

...any more than a baker should be forced to decorate a cake with penises and pentagrams (bakers are not forced to sell cakes with penises and pentagrams, by the way).

Seriously? There goes my next birthday gake idea.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

How hard is that?

I'm almost scared to ask, but what business are you in?

Anger Management?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Halal refers to the process by which the meat is prepared, not the meat itself.

Halal refers to any object or action which is permissible to use according to Islamic law. So therefore pork is not halal.

edit on 31-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Beverage 3:16 And the Lord sayeth to Newtoworkdude, 'Thou is a sweet tea drinker and weak of palatte. Thou shalt not enjoy the adult beverages ever and anon!' And Networkdude lamented and pulled his beard which waseth long and scraggily. So sayeth the Lord.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Again, Muslims who don't sell pork to anyone should have that right.

Bakers also have the right to not sell wedding cakes to anyone.

It's when you start choosing who you will sell your products to that we have a problem.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...any more than a baker should be forced to decorate a cake with penises and pentagrams (bakers are not forced to sell cakes with penises and pentagrams, by the way).

I have them on my business cards.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

"gake" LOL

I thought it was a typo the first time.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
"gake" LOL

I thought it was a typo the first time.

Nope. I trademarked that expression last year when the entire Saint Kimmy the Oppressed thing came up.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
With all the discussion, the results remain the same. The cake baker has to face the law over their objections, the Rockette's don't. We should examine the mechanisms that have made that situation possible.

It begins with a call for "equal" rights under the law. So laws are put into place to protect certain classes or groups of people. They sound well intentioned enough, but in practice it's a different story.

You can't discriminate against someone based on race, unless they are Caucasian, then you can just Affirmative Action them right out of a school, promotion, or job.

You can't discriminate against someone based on sexual orientation, unless that orientation is heterosexual.

You can't discriminate against someone based on religion, unless that religion is Christian.

What begins as equal rights always seems to morph into the creation of groups that have more rights against discrimination than others.

If a Rockette refuses to perform because she thinks Trump is a monster, that's fine. If a Rockette refuses to perform for Obama because she thinks that someone who would drone strike innocent women and children to get to a suspected terrorist is a monster, that's racist.

Can anyone guess who the next protected class will be?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I think it sounds like a cool name for a store, don't you?

Penises and Pentagrams

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Freedom of religion also means freedom FROM religion. Your religion can't dictate to whom you serve just as my Atheism can't dictate to whom I serve. I shouldn't be allowed to discriminate against a Christian, they shouldn't be allowed to discriminate against a gay wedding (it's bs that they're "participating" they're not standing up in the wedding), just as someone shouldn't be allowed to discriminate against a police officer who wants a cake. You don't want to serve someone then don't go into a f*ing SERVICE INDUSTRY!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join