It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left Hypocrisy on Serve / No Serve; Don't Tell Me 'Both Sides Do It'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

This and entertainers are not public businesses, they are private contractors.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

My problem is not with you, it's the left, who demand everyone do as they do and think how they think and the rules only apply in the ways they want.

I cannot comment on dramatic hyperbole.

It's complete hypocrisy.

There's plenty of hypocrisy on all sides.

I think the baker should be able to refuse an event. I think a singer should be able to as well. I think the refusal needs to be based on the event, and not the person making the purchase.

I don't think you are making very good comparisons.

No hypocrisy from me. The left is incredibly hypocritical. It's the reason I left Massachusetts after 30 years.

Of course. You're never hypocritical, are you? It's only the Left.

Also, you moved out of a state because some people are hypocrites?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

His argument is they do not get paid they only do volunteer work, and as such, can refuse volunteer work. It's a sound argument. There are many other performers who are not volunteers though.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Again, a cake is just a cake. A wedding cake is made out of the same ingredients as a birthday cake. There is no sin involved in making a cake. If one believes that, then they probably shouldn't be in the cake making business.

Where one is justified in refusing a service or product is not based on personal belief, but based on whether the customer is perceived as a threat to the business or to others.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Are they providing a service?

This whole defense is splitting hairs and narrow definitions.

Basically, it's okay to discriminate if you don't adhere to a certain ideology.

Anything else is just smoke and mirrors.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

No it isn't and stop with authoritarian Left nonsense. Do you think people should be forced to play his inauguration?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: introvert

But when does a person become a service-based employer as opposed to an employee of public accommodation?

Remember the photographer who was sued?

The woman in question is a voluntary member of a private, constitutionally-protected religious organization and has not pushed the burden of her choice on to others.

It's not the same as Joe Baker or the local pizza joint employee refusing to serve someone because of their color, sexual preference, etc..

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Again, a cake is just a cake. A wedding cake is made out of the same ingredients as a birthday cake. There is no sin involved in making a cake. If one believes that, then they probably shouldn't be in the cake making business.

Where one is justified in refusing a service or product is not based on personal belief, but based on whether the customer is perceived as a threat to the business or to others.

See?

You understand why the Rockettes and others want to not perform for Trump so you support them.

You either do not understand the objections of the religious in refusing to serve a gay wedding or you are unwilling to, so you feel no compunctions whatsoever about forcing them.

This is why religious freedom is important. There are people like you who are unwilling to understand beliefs of others (Sikh, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Jewish, etc.) and think nothing of trampling them to suit yourself and what you would prefer.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

And the Rockettes?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

If I ever am point out my hypocrisy. MA is almost entirely alt-left liberals. It's not 'some' people. It's well known Kennedy's are actual murderers, but people don't care because they have power to fight Republicans. I had people wanting to fight me because I said Moore's films are propaganda not actual documentaries. In college my professors said everyone needs to vote as long as you vote Democrat, they were not joking. My gf said her professor told the class don't tell him if you are a Republican because that means they failed.

link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Do you think people should be forced to play his inauguration?

Hell yes!

They should get the cast of Hamilton to dance and sing and force them to say nice things about Trump. After they can all eat gake.

link   

No it isn't and stop with authoritarian Left nonsense.

Just calling it as I see it.

Do you think people should be forced to play his inauguration?

Only if they are in a service/entertainment industry and are being paid to do so.

link   

No it isn't and stop with authoritarian Left nonsense. Do you think people should be forced to play his inauguration?

No, he's right.

There are two classes in this country.

The left and everyone else. The law applies to the left only as they see fit to pick and choose, and they make sure it adheres with iron force to everyone else.

link   

originally posted by: introvert

But when does a person become a service-based employer as opposed to an employee of public accommodation?

Remember the photographer who was sued?

The woman in question is a voluntary member of a private, constitutionally-protected religious organization and has not pushed the burden of her choice on to others.

It's not the same as Joe Baker or the local pizza joint employee refusing to serve someone because of their color, sexual preference, etc..

I actually completely agree with you, them being a pure volunteer unpaid group makes comparing them a false comparison.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Do you think people should be forced to bake for a wedding? My answer is no to both.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

And the Rockettes?

Again, I have not looked in to that issue.

The only thing I know is that the Rockettes are not a private religious organization protected by the 1st amendment.

So it's not really comparable to this issue.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

If I ever am point out my hypocrisy. MA is almost entirely alt-left liberals. It's not 'some' people. It's well known Kennedy's are actual murderers, but people don't care because they have power to fight Republicans. I had people wanting to fight me because I said Moore's films are propaganda not actual documentaries. In college my professors said everyone needs to vote as long as you vote Democrat, they were not joking. My gf said her professor told the class don't tell him if you are a Republican because that means they failed.

Ok.

Sure.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Do you think people should be forced to bake for a wedding? My answer is no to both.

Generally speaking, you shouldn't force people to do things they don't agree with. It sets a bad precedent when you are the home of the free.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Agreed. The hypocrisy is still there ... this just is not a good example of it. Better examples have been provided.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Yes, I understand why people don't want to perform for Trump because they see him as a threat to innocent people.

Just like I would understand why a baker would refuse service to a customer (gay or otherwise) because they are posing a threat to innocent people.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join