It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left Hypocrisy on Serve / No Serve; Don't Tell Me 'Both Sides Do It'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Just out of curiosity can anyone show me a list of the racist things Trump said against black people during his campaign?

I don't think the woman that resigned said anything about Trump being racist.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

They were refusing the event because it involved gay people. That makes it discrimination.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

No not his political beliefs. His asinine actions and his explosively diarrhea mouth.
Has zero to do with policy. Since he has none to start with. Lol

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Perhaps it was someone else who said that, there's been a few.

Either way, I support the right to refuse an event, not a person. The left only supports right to refuse when it agrees with their beliefs.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
The difference is, the entertainers aren't discriminating against Trump because of his race, nationality or his sexual orientation. They are refusing to deal with him because of his actions and comments.

The left doesn't have a problem with a baker or pizza maker turning away someone who comes in with obnoxious, unruly and disruptive behavior. That is a perfectly legitimate reason to refuse service to someone.

Interestingly enough, the left only seemed to think these aspects of Trump's behavior were worthy of condemnation when he chose to enter politics and then likely only because he entered to run for the Republican ticket.

Before that, many of the same people who are now so against him helped to make him one of the bigger celebrities/brands in the country. If his behavior was so reprehensible and so well known before, don't you think they would have spoken out before now and made their stand?

That it only becomes an issue now also speaks to the lack of character and morals on the left. This isn't about actual principle or morals with them, this is politics, pure and simple. We can go even further back if you like. Everything Trump is accused of follows true back to the Clintons as well. Do you think for one second any one of these so-called "conscientious Trump objectors" would think twice about performing for a Hillary inauguration?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

'I won't serve you because you're a conservative'. how is that not discrimination?

It has nothing to do with Trump being conservative. It has to do with Trump saying things like we need to monitor all Muslim Americans and put them on a registry, and we need to keep all Muslims from entering the country.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So if a different wedding had a gay best man they would have refused that too 'because it involved gay people'? Wrong. You are simply making it up. They refused the event because gay marriage is morally objectionable to them. It had nothing to do with the fact the wedding involved a gay person.

If two straight women who wanted to get married for financial reasons asked them for the cake and they said no we'd get the same result .. and it would be a wedding only involving straight people.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

They were refusing the event because it involved gay people. That makes it discrimination.

No. They were refusing because it involved serving at a ceremony that made mockery of a wedding in their eyes (and God's) -- sort of like asking a devout Catholic priest to officiate a black mass --, NOT because it had anything to do with the gays. The florist was sued by longtime customers. You can't be sued by longtime customers if you generally refuse to serve gays one general principle.
edit on 31-12-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

They refused the event because of the MARRIAGE of two people of the same sex. That is a religious hang up for some, and they had the crazy idea that their religious freedoms were protected here in the US, then, you liberals were nice enough to explain that they have no religious freedoms, unless is't deemed OK by you. (you being the liberal SJW army)
edit on 31-12-2016 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Because that one case rallied the left. If THEY agree with the event .. you must serve it. If they do not agree with the event, you are free to decline. It's hypocrisy.

Agreeing with the event has nothing to do with it. It's a matter of constitutional protections.

This woman has the right to political free speech.

I completely agree you should not be able to discriminate against a person, but you should be able to discriminate against an event that is morally objectionable to you.

That too would raise constitutional issues. If you are refusing to accommodate a specific event because of religious moral issues, you are violating their 1st amendment rights.

You have the right to your beliefs, but you cannot force another person or persons to bear the cost of that belief. Remember, your rights end when it violates the rights of others.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

'I won't serve you because you're a conservative'. how is that not discrimination?

It has nothing to do with Trump being conservative. It has to do with Trump saying things like we need to monitor all Muslim Americans and put them on a registry, and we need to keep all Muslims from entering the country.

Oh, so now it goes back to the fake news propaganda planted in the media for the Hillary campaign by a complicit press and twisting Trump's words?

You know this happens to every Republican that runs no matter who they are and the reality ends up being a bit different.

The leaked campaign emails proved it does happen now, and no matter who leaked them, neither the campaign nor the press haved bothered to deny that any of that information is true.

link   

I'm going to need you to reference that statement with some proof. Trump NEVER said that.

link   

And at one point Clinton said black kids in gangs were no longer children but superpredators.

Yet I didn't see anyone refusing to do her events on the left because of her remarks.

Clinton laughed at destroying a child rape victim. No backlash from the left there.

It's hypocrisy.

To be clear, I support the ability to refuse the event, just like I support the baker to refuse a gay wedding. And last I checked, everything Donald said is protected, just like a gay person getting married is protected.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The difference is, the entertainers aren't discriminating against Trump because of his race, nationality or his sexual orientation. They are refusing to deal with him because of his actions and comments.

The left doesn't have a problem with a baker or pizza maker turning away someone who comes in with obnoxious, unruly and disruptive behavior. That is a perfectly legitimate reason to refuse service to someone.

Interestingly enough, the left only seemed to think these aspects of Trump's behavior were worthy of condemnation when he chose to enter politics and then likely only because he entered to run for the Republican ticket.

Before that, many of the same people who are now so against him helped to make him one of the bigger celebrities/brands in the country. If his behavior was so reprehensible and so well known before, don't you think they would have spoken out before now and made their stand?

That it only becomes an issue now also speaks to the lack of character and morals on the left. This isn't about actual principle or morals with them, this is politics, pure and simple. We can go even further back if you like. Everything Trump is accused of follows true back to the Clintons as well. Do you think for one second any one of these so-called "conscientious Trump objectors" would think twice about performing for a Hillary inauguration?

Again, it is okay to discriminate, based on political ideology.

The leftists have illustrated it perfectly.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Probably because he didn't have any power to do anything detrimental to U.S. citizens - now he does. They don't condemn him because he's rich. They don't condemn him because he sleeps around. They don't even condemn him for his stupid offensive opinions. They condemn him because he now has the power to act on those stupid offensive opinions and has promised to do so.

link   

originally posted by: introvert

That too would raise constitutional issues. If you are refusing to accommodate a specific event because of religious moral issues, you are violating their 1st amendment rights.

That is exactly what this woman said she is doing.

"For me, this is a moral issue where I'm concerned about our freedoms being in danger as time goes by," she said.

Citing Scripture and declaring that "tyranny is now on our doorstep," Chamberlin likened Trump to Adolf Hitler and accused him of "stirring up people with a combination of fanaticism, false promises, and fear."

edit on 31-12-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

They're not equivalent actions. The woman has resigned, the business owner is still going. If the business owner retired his business due to his own beliefs, he would not be discriminating against his customers.

It isn't discrimination unless you believe Trump has a right to be performed to, which sounds a little totalitarian to me.

If a company refuses a wedding event then they are restricting these individuals the right to marriage. Some shops however have allowed their staff not to serve certain products due to their religious beliefs (condoms, meat etc) with little grievance, whilst many pubs have thrown gay men out with lots of grievances, so there are grey areas.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

The left only supports right to refuse when it agrees with their beliefs.

Isn't that exactly what you are doing?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

So, they're refusing based on the likes/dislikes/personal beliefs in what he said......otherwise known as morals. I thought that was a bad thing. Or is that only ok when the Left does it?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

The left only supports right to refuse when it agrees with their beliefs.

Isn't that exactly what you are doing?

Nope. If a gay baker wants to do only gay weddings have at it. If you dont want to sing at Trump's events dont.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join