It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left Hypocrisy on Serve / No Serve; Don't Tell Me 'Both Sides Do It'

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Who was this Jim Crow? I hear about him a lot but haven't the foggiest who he is or what he did.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: everyone

It wasn't the cake they refused to do, you idiot. It was the fact that he asked them to decorate it in an offensive way. No baker is forced to decorate a cake in a way that is personally offensive to them.

Your entire argument in this thread just went down in flames with your statement here and you have revealed your complete hypocrisy on this subject.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Exactly why i just responded to it in the way i did.

Its a extremely homophobic thing to say and on top of that hypocritical considering her earlier "arguments".

This is most certainty not the first time we seen this from her and she usually does not come back after this sort of thing.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSun, 01 Jan 2017 06:21:29 -06001720161America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

How is that?

I personally don't find boob cakes offensive, but some bakers might.

If you don't want to make cakes with boobs on them, you don't have to sell them to ANYONE.

If you do sell cakes with boobs on them, you must sell them to EVERYONE, regardless of their race, religion, nationality or (in some states) sexual orientation.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Who was this Jim Crow? I hear about him a lot but haven't the foggiest who he is or what he did.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

How is that?

I personally don't find boob cakes offensive, but some bakers might.

If you don't want to make cakes with boobs on them, you don't have to sell them to ANYONE.

If you do sell cakes with boobs on them, you must sell them to EVERYONE, regardless of their race, religion, nationality or (in some states) sexual orientation.

You are hiding behind laws kaylaluv. Laws change based on the will of the people.
This discussion is far more important to have through the lens of how we want to live and communicate with each other.
I am interested in what you think, not how you are legally bound to behave.

The Muslim bakers in the video were offended by homosexuality and on that basis refused service. Having to write specific words is irrelevant. It would be the same service if they had to write "Mary loves Stephen", which they would do. This was a classic case of bigotry and you seem, at least, to be defending it.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
the OP is engaging in what's called "false equivalency".....the right has been doing this for a long time.

Thank you. The sheer hypocrisy of these threads makes me want to vomit. Can we stop dividing 400m people up as 'left' and 'right' when making these troll threads, as it's exactly the kind of thing exacerbating the divide and making you all turn on each other like another civil war. Just grow up and converse without infantile name calling.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Wrong. No one said you don't have the right to be personally offended by something. What you shouldn't be allowed to do is refuse to sell the exact same product to someone that you would sell to everyone else.

Decorations are a form of personal art. Each one is different. No one should be forced to complete any art that is personally offensive to them. "Mary loves Stephen" might not be offensive to a baker, but "F**kface loves Sh*thead" might be.

The baker who was sued and lost refused to bake a cake decorated in a neutral wedding design ordered by the gay couple. The baker was willing to sell that exact same cake with that exact same neutral wedding design to a straight couple. That baker deserved to be sued and that baker deserved to lose.

The laws are there for a reason. To protect citizens in having access to the exact same products and services that everyone else gets.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

You are defending these muslims right to be homophobic since the guy in the video simply asked for the portrait of 2 men holding hands on his cake for which he got refused. I think we will all remember this for any of your future posts on here.

Interestingly though you did condemn Christians for not wanting to cater at a gay marriage since that is offensive to their religion.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

I will defend anyone's right to have personal feelings. What I will not defend is someone refusing to sell the exact same product to one person that they are willing to sell to everyone else simply because of their race, religion, nationality or sexual orientation. You can remember that for as long as you like.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Wrong. No one said you don't have the right to be personally offended by something. What you shouldn't be allowed to do is refuse to sell the exact same product to someone that you would sell to everyone else.

Decorations are a form of personal art. Each one is different. No one should be forced to complete any art that is personally offensive to them. "Mary loves Stephen" might not be offensive to a baker, but "F**kface loves Sh*thead" might be.

The baker who was sued and lost refused to bake a cake decorated in a neutral wedding design ordered by the gay couple. The baker was willing to sell that exact same cake with that exact same neutral wedding design to a straight couple. That baker deserved to be sued and that baker deserved to lose.

The laws are there for a reason. To protect citizens in having access to the exact same products and services that everyone else gets.

The muslim bakers refused service because they don't like gays - it's that simple.
You can agree with their right not to like gays and refuse service based on that, but mental gymnastics about the product variance is just a attempt to cover hypocrisy. The bakers in the video all offered a bespoke service. The product is bespoke, not the same for everyone. In reality they are saying they offer a bespoke service for some and not for others - based on sexuality.
edit on 1/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Wrong again. They refused to decorate something in a way that was personally offensive to them.

I can't prove this, but I'd be willing to bet this guy tried to do exactly what the gay couple did to the Christian baker. He probably tried to order a generic wedding cake for his fake gay wedding, and the Muslim bakers probably agreed to do it. That wouldn't help his hit piece, so he had to resort to asking for special decorations, which the gay couple DID NOT do with the Christian baker.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

More mental gymnastics.
You are justifying bigotry for some and condemning for others.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Nope.

Did you hear about the Christian baker who was asked to decorate a cake with some words condemning homosexuality? She refused to decorate the cake in that manner because it was personally offensive to her. Good for her!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Nope.

Did you hear about the Christian baker who was asked to decorate a cake with some words condemning homosexuality? She refused to decorate the cake in that manner because it was personally offensive to her. Good for her!

OK, well at least that is consistent.
Where I am struggling with your view is that you seem to separating words from the underlying bigotry. Why are they personally offended? It's clearly because they don't like gays. The words "Stephen loves Michael" and a picture of them holding hands is offensive in what other way?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

You don't seem to get it. I don't care if they don't like gays. I don't care if you don't like gays. I don't care if the Christian baker doesn't like gays. I. don't. care.

What I care about is whether a person who sells a product or service to the general public refuses to sell that product or service to someone just because they are gay.

Decorations don't fall under that. Every baker who advertises that they will custom decorate a cake for you has fine print that states they won't decorate something they find personally offensive.

So tell me why the guy in the video didn't just ask the Muslim bakers for a generic wedding cake with no special "gay" decorations for his same sex wedding? Hmmm?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Wrong again. They refused to decorate something in a way that was personally offensive to them.

And what according to you was it specifically that is so offensive to them. Be specific this time.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

You don't seem to get it. I don't care if they don't like gays. I don't care if you don't like gays. I don't care if the Christian baker doesn't like gays. I. don't. care.

So tell me why the guy in the video didn't just ask the Muslim bakers for a generic wedding cake with no special "gay" decorations for his same sex wedding? Hmmm?

Oh you don't care if people don't like gays. We will remember that as well.

The guy in the video asked him to make a cake portraying 2 men holding hands. Do you call that gay? Pretty amazing that is.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

The guy in the video asked him to make a cake portraying 2 men holding hands. Do you call that gay? Pretty amazing that is.

Can you tell me why the guy in the video didn't ask for a generic wedding cake for his gay wedding like the gay couple did to the Christian baker?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

Can you tell me why the guy in the video didn't ask for a generic wedding cake for his gay wedding like the gay couple did to the Christian baker?

The couple with the christian baker wanted them to cater for them.

Now again.

The guy in the video asked him to make a cake portraying 2 men holding hands. Do you call that gay?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join