It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left Hypocrisy on Serve / No Serve; Don't Tell Me 'Both Sides Do It'

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

if a rap artist comes into a place, followed by a mob of fans and it causes a problem, yes, I imagine they can turn him away.

and, by the way, if you don't want to have that rap artist playing at your wedding, no one is forcing you to have him?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982
a reply to: kaylaluv

So, rap artists are subject to justified discrimination then? Because the things they've said are WAY worse than the things Trump has said.

Yes, merely said, not done.

Ridiculous. This is the very reason that America has grown so weary of the left's hypocrisy.

It's always do as we say, not as we do with you people.

And when they say those things, this things WILL hurt people.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Of course they won't admit it!

It's hard to claim moral high ground when you're practicing exactly what you're railing against isn't it?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes you can refuse to serve someone if they are acting in a manner that is disruptive, threatening, obnoxious, etc.

You cannot refuse someone because of their race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation. But, you know this, so I don't know why I have to keep repeating it.

...and who decides on what manner is disruptive, threatening, obnoxious, etc.?
The individual refuseing service? someone else? A committee?
edit on 31/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Apparently Its ok discriminate against people because of their political beliefs.

ATS should ban all liberals.

Propane dealers get to do it.

The Rockets get to do it.

ATS YOU CAN DO IT!.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

they probably could...
or they could ban all conservatives..
or, if they are smart, they'll ban all of us and take control of their website!

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

So, then the next time a baker doesn't want to participate in a gay wedding, they should just say they don't serve Liberals!

Problem solved!

Has nothing to do with their sexual orientation, just their politics.

Then that baker could also refuse service to gay customers all together, not just for their wedding.

Is that the world you want to live in Liberals? Because it can be arranged.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Has nothing to do with their sexual orientation, just their politics.

Yep just their politics.

That they watched on the mainstream 'news' or read in the internets.

Everything they say is true!

Just ignore their FAKE NEWS.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

or they could just say that they are overwhelmed with orders and wouldn't be able guarantee the order would be done on time...
that's acceptable...

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

The difference is, the entertainers aren't discriminating against Trump because of his race, nationality or his sexual orientation. They are refusing to deal with him because of his actions and comments.

The left doesn't have a problem with a baker or pizza maker turning away someone who comes in with obnoxious, unruly and disruptive behavior. That is a perfectly legitimate reason to refuse service to someone.

Ummm...I believe that if it weren't for the actions and comments of the gay couples, no one would have denied them service either. And on your second comment about "coming in with an obnoxious..." I really doubt when they were asked anyone came in with an obnoxious, unruly and disruptive behavior.

You're making up BS excuses again for why the left can choose who they like while the rest of us have to be told BY YOU who we are allowed to like. Hence...why I don't like the left...nor you.

You have no power nor right to tell ANYONE who they should, or MUST accept. Nor does your group of hypocrites.
edit on 12/31/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The individual refusing service of course. Then, if the person who was refused wants, they can take the individual to court. If after seeing the evidence, the court sides with the store owner, the customer's out of luck. If the court sides with the customer, the store owner is out of luck.

That's what happened with the baker who refused to sell a wedding cake to the gay couple. The gay couple sued, and the court sided with them. It's how our system works.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Sorry, I hate to break it to you but Both sides do it!

Neither party has a monopoly on morality or honesty. It has played itself out numerous times... Political dishonesty and corruption is rampant in our political system. Anyone that would declare otherwise is being genuinely bias toward their affiliated party.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I asked you this earlier but you did not reply to me:

Can a Kosher deli tell you to suck it if you want knishes for your Christian wedding being that it ain't Jewy enough for them?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Being black, a woman, a Muslim, or gay is not subjective.

There are exceptions to the public accommodations laws just like there are exceptions to religious freedom laws.

You are not free to kill someone because your religion states you can.

You don't deserve access to public accommodations if you are being disruptive, obnoxious, threatening, etc.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

or they could just say that they are overwhelmed with orders and wouldn't be able guarantee the order would be done on time...
that's acceptable...

Nice trap. Lie instead?

Of course that would be acceptable to you though.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

tell me, which, in your mind is worse...

a person gets a call asking them to pick up and tow a car that was in an accident in another state by a competing towing company that is too busy to do it and you agree to do it.. the person who is asking you to said that they would do it, but well, the person is disabled and they don't want them left on the side of the road so they are calling you. so you head out to the place where the accident occurred and proceed to hook the car up to your tow truck and you see a bumper sticker on the car supporting a political candidate... so you go and you inform that person that you just can't do this, you are a christian and this would just not be a christian thing to do. so you unhook you tow truck and drive home empty handed leaving the women on the side of the road on a hot summer day with no air conditioner.
the lady ends up being disabled and unable to even walk to the nearest off ramp!

how about a women who begins miscarrying and goes to the hospital two times to get help and is sent home both times, even though she is has a fever and is showing signs of infection, and comes back the third and is again sent home but she collapses on the floor before they leave, and they admit her and then still do not much of anything till the heartbeat stops and then they remove the baby.. after the women has developed a severe infection?

or a president elect gets turned down by a few entertainers who refuse to perform for him???
oh, yes... poor, poor super rich president elect....

seems to me the religeous right has been pulling out the religious card for quite some time now to make a statement by refusing service, some of which has endangered lives... sorry if I don't take your cries of hypocrisy seriously now!!!
all it is telling me is that you just can't take near the amount of crap that has been dished out by your camp!

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I asked you this earlier but you did not reply to me:

Can a Kosher deli tell you to suck it if you want knishes for your Christian wedding being that it ain't Jewy enough for them?

They should be able to refuse them, yes. The left if they are being consistent would say no ... if the Jewish baker makes knishes, then he has to do it for anyone who wants them regardless of the Jewish baker's beliefs on the matter.

I'm in the camp that says a business should have the right to refuse to provide a service. I wouldn't imagine that same couple would be provided a Christian wedding service by a Muslim imam, either.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I'm in the camp that says a business should have the right to refuse to provide a service.

For any reason?

I wouldn't imagine that same couple would be provided a Christian wedding service by a Muslim imam, either.

A religious officiant is not a public business.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Being black, a woman, a Muslim, or gay is not subjective.

There are exceptions to the public accommodations laws just like there are exceptions to religious freedom laws.

You are not free to kill someone because your religion states you can.

You don't deserve access to public accommodations if you are being disruptive, obnoxious, threatening, etc.

But again, *who* gets to decide all the things you list in the last line of your post?

And what happens if one of the people who fall under the categories you list in the first line come in to my place of business and they are pretty obviously carrying on under the last line and I refuse them service on those grounds, but they then take me to court claiming I did it based on the first line of your post?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ketsuko
I'm in the camp that says a business should have the right to refuse to provide a service.

For any reason?

I wouldn't imagine that same couple would be provided a Christian wedding service by a Muslim imam, either.

A religious officiant is not a public business.

They are angling to make churches places of public accommodation, so yes, under that description the pastor, priest, imam, rabbi, et al, would indeed be working in a place of public accommodation.

If it's your business, then you should set the terms.

If you want to serve only midgets wearing strap-ons, you could refuse the Pope himself.
edit on 31-12-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join