It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left Hypocrisy on Serve / No Serve; Don't Tell Me 'Both Sides Do It'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
What trump has said is milder than many rap songs I've heard.

Yet the left celebrates those rappers and give them lots of awards. So the left has no objection to what he's saying as they celebrate those who say much worse.

It is his political ideology he is espousing they truly object too.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Omg this leap of logic!!

Look, I get many Trump supporters see him as their God but he's just one person, not an entire minority group who've been discriminated since forever. They're not supporting him because they don't agree with his politics and everything that embodies Trump.

Good lord!
edit on 31-12-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You know what I love about the Burka is so many women in the west see it as a sense of power for a woman to wear in the western world, but the true reason is they are forced to wear it in the Middle East because if they don't then it is their fault if a man get aroused by their lack of clothing and rapes them.

Many have worn it their whole lives and it was beat into their heads as the right thing to do from childhood, so that is only thing they know as what is right in their religion and will even fight to keep it. The ugly side is it is nothing more than women's oppression and the real picture is not nice like the Rockettes standing up for that woman's rights....

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

No, being gay or straight is not a behavior. It is a sexual orientation, and something one cannot change.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

One is free to act on their religious beliefs until those actions take away the rights of others, for example you can't kill someone even if your religious belief is that you can. Everyone has the civil right to public accommodations, and turning someone away because of their race, gender, nationality or sexual orientation takes away that right.

No one stopped them from going in to the bakery. Having the cake baked is a service.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Are these the same celebrities that went to different countries and performed for Gaddafi?
OR the ones that endorsed Castro?

Hypocrisy at its finest!

link   

originally posted by: Swills
not an entire minority group who've been discriminated since forever.

I have always had a hard time seeing a behavior labeled as a "minority group". In this logic I guess we can have 1000's of minority groups....

link   

Omg this leap of logic!!

Look, I get many Trump supporters see him as their God but he's just one person, not an entire minority group who've been discriminated since forever. They're not supporting him because they don't agree with his politics and everything that embodies Trump.

Good lord!

Spot on. But it gets quite murky from there if it's ok to refuse service to someone based on their political ideology. Would it be ok for a restaurant owner to eject a customer because he was a Democrat? Let's day it was a black muslim democrat. Any comeback on the owner and all he has to say is, no it was not race or religion, I just disagree with the politics.
edit on 31/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Trump will have a lot more power than any rap singer, and he has promised to do some pretty bad things with that power.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Omg this leap of logic!!

Good lord!

Spot on. But it gets quite murky from their if it's ok to refuse service to someone based on their political ideology. Would it be ok for a restaurant owner to eject a customer because he was a Democrat? Let's day it was a black muslim democrat. Any comeback on the owner and all he has to say is, no it was not race or religion, I just disagree with the politics.

You are only allowed to refuse Trump supporters....have you not read the left Hypocrisy Handbook?

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Well, we've all seen the thread about the propane delivery guy who refuses to service customers who voted for Trump.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Trump is not being refused because he is a straight white male. He is not being refused because he is wanting services for a specific event. He is being refused because of the horrible things he says.

Correction there.

Trump was refused service because of the mainstream media shilling on the other presidential candidates behalf.

Discrimination is DISCRIMINATION.

Always love seeing when Trump critics justify their own HATRED,BIGOTRY, and INTOLERANCE.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Public accommodations includes having access to the same products and services that everyone else gets.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Public accommodations includes having access to the same products and services that everyone else gets.

Well then you can't not serve someone based on how they behave either. But you have been saying that you can.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Yes you can refuse to serve someone if they are acting in a manner that is disruptive, threatening, obnoxious, etc.

You cannot refuse someone because of their race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation. But, you know this, so I don't know why I have to keep repeating it.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

So, rap artists are subject to justified discrimination then? Because the things they've said are WAY worse than the things Trump has said.

Yes, merely said, not done.

Ridiculous. This is the very reason that America has grown so weary of the left's hypocrisy.

It's always do as we say, not as we do with you people.
edit on 31-12-2016 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
isn't the right showing the same hypocrisy when they will defend a tow truck driver's decision to leave a disabled women stranded on the highway and yet, gripe about some group refusing to sing for trump??

at least trump has a whole staff of people and phones to call around and find another group to sign...
and if he has to take a crap while he's waiting, he also is physically able...

that disable driver was stuck there, in the heat, with no air conditioning, no restroom available, and was physically unable to walk to one if she had to!!!

if I remember right, it was the religious right who wanted the right to deny people of services so badly they were writing laws to protect their right to do it and this was before I heard about them being refused any services whatsoever...

now, yous are complaining when others decide they don't want to serve yous?? kind of sounds like you want special rights the rest of us shouldn't have!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Hell the current potus and his party has called me a mass murder that's why I have to prove myself innocent everytime I want to practice my second amendment right.

They will never admit how hypocritical they are.

Hell bankers and ceo's are thieves that's why we need financial regulation.

And the list goes on.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

No, being gay or straight is not a behavior. It is a sexual orientation, and something one cannot change.

The question that has not been proven is whether it is innate or not.

There is a fascinating collection of behavioral and brain differences between heterosexuals and homosexuals. However, none of these findings is (yet) unambiguous evidence that homosexuality is innate. The reason is that each of these characteristics might be attributable to experience; in other words, these differences might be acquired.

Another example is I'm left hand... was that an innate programming or I just went that way. I agree we need protection from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, I just do not see the gay community as a minority group.

edit on 31-12-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Yes you can refuse to serve someone if they are acting in a manner that is disruptive, threatening, obnoxious, etc.

You cannot refuse someone because of their race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation. But, you know this, so I don't know why I have to keep repeating it.

No because if you refuse to serve someone because they are disruptive, threatening, obnoxious, etc., you are denying them access to public accommodation. You said it yourself:

And deciding that someone is one of those things you listed is extremely subjective. One person's obnoxious is another person's normal.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join