It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left Hypocrisy on Serve / No Serve; Don't Tell Me 'Both Sides Do It'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I think it sounds like a cool name for a store, don't you?

Penises and Pentagrams

Hehe, P.P.

(I love when I drag the smart people down to my level)

edit on 31-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

If a Rockette refuses to perform for Obama because she thinks that someone who would drone strike innocent women and children to get to a suspected terrorist is a monster, that's racist.

No it isn't.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Again, Muslims who don't sell pork to anyone should have that right.

Bakers also have the right to not sell wedding cakes to anyone.

It's when you start choosing who you will sell your products to that we have a problem.

Ah, but if the baker will sell a cake to gays, then what's the problem?

As you say, a cake is a cake.

It seems that the problem is the definition of what a "wedding cake" is differs between the two. The baker sells wedding cakes to man/woman weddings. If a gay person wants to buy one of those and if refused, then there is a problem. If the baker doesn't bake cakes for gay unions, then the baker simply doesn't. To the Christian baker, those are two different things.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Honest question:

Are gay weddings halal?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Correct.

I believe they may be thinking of "Kosher".

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ketsuko
Halal refers to the process by which the meat is prepared, not the meat itself.

Halal refers to any object or action which is permissible to use according to Islamic law. So therefore pork is not halal.

I've always heard the term haram to refer to it. Halal was the process that made food permissible. So you could try but it wouldn't make it permissible. It would still be haram.

This is why lamb bacon was invented.
edit on 31-12-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Now THAT is funny!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

(smackin' leg) LOLOLOL!!!

ETA...I guess it would depend on if the cake maker was "forced" (under penalty of Hypocrisy Law) to add pork to the wedding cake!

edit on 12/31/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

To the Christian baker, those are two different things.

What about the Christian flower shop owner who does not want two queers using his or her flowers because: the gay?

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Honest question:

Are gay weddings halal?

gotta admit, I lol'd at that

link   

You don't sell wedding cakes to weddings. You sell wedding cakes to people.

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Honest question:

Are gay weddings halal?

Not if the Muslims are still tossing people off of buildings just for being suspected of being gay.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I've always heard the term haram to refer to it. Halal was the process that made food permissible. So you could try but it wouldn't make it permissible. It would still be haram.

Not correct:

Halāl (Arabic: حلال‎‎ ḥalāl, "permissible"), also spelled hallal or halaal, is any object or action which is permissible to use or engage in, according to Islamic law. The term covers and designates food and drink as well as matters of daily life. It is one of five Ahkam—fard (compulsory), mustahabb (recommended), halal (allowed), makruh (disliked), haram (forbidden)—that define the morality of human action in Islam. Mubah is also used to mean "permissible" or "allowed" in Islam. Muslim stuff

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

To the Christian baker, those are two different things.

What about the Christian flower shop owner who does not want two queers using his or her flowers because: the gay?

Those were also longtime customers she had sold flowers to forever knowing they were gay.

Again, the issue is the wedding which is not to a Christian.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The Rockette's are racist bigots who hate.

They have nice legs though.

So they are sexy racist bigots who hate.

link   

The difference is, the entertainers aren't discriminating against Trump because of his race, nationality or his sexual orientation. They are refusing to deal with him because of his actions and comments.

The left doesn't have a problem with a baker or pizza maker turning away someone who comes in with obnoxious, unruly and disruptive behavior. That is a perfectly legitimate reason to refuse service to someone.

Is that why Beyonce performed for Khadaffi but not Trump? The answer is: Leftist entertainers are big-time hypocrits, no more, no less.

CONFIRMED: Beyoncé Sings For Gaddafi’s Son on New Year’s by Rachel Sklar | 4:56 am, January 5th, 2010

www.mediaite.com...

link   

Again, the issue is the wedding which is not to a Christian.

I meant for a wedding.

So anyone can say 'no soup!' as long as they claim religious grounds? Can a Kosher deli tell you to suck it if you want knishes for your Christian wedding being that it ain't Jewy enough for them?

edit on 31-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Not correct:

Halāl (Arabic: حلال‎‎ ḥalāl, "permissible"), also spelled hallal or halaal, is any object or action which is permissible to use or engage in, according to Islamic law. The term covers and designates food and drink as well as matters of daily life. It is one of five Ahkam—fard (compulsory), mustahabb (recommended), halal (allowed), makruh (disliked), haram (forbidden)—that define the morality of human action in Islam. Mubah is also used to mean "permissible" or "allowed" in Islam. Muslim stuff

Wiki is similar but describes it this way:

The most common example of non-halal (or haram) food is pork (pig meat products). While pork is the only meat that cannot be consumed by Muslims (the Quran forbids it[7] Sura 16:115 [8]), other foods not in a state of purity are also considered haram. The criteria for non-pork items include their source, the cause of the animal's death, and how it was processed.

Things that haven't gone through the process are haram or non-halal. That implies you could force them to put it through the process but it still wouldn't make it halal because pork is absolutely forbidden and I imagine it would be horribly offensive and sacrilegious to try.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

so I can turn you away if I think you're rude, but I have to throw away my Christian/moral beliefs and support behavior I find to be ungodly? and face legal persecution if I don't comply?

Yes. If Your Christian beliefs would require you to violate rules of interstate commerce, your beliefs essentially preclude you from operating a business.

Sorry.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Small movement, but may be growing.

But when the openly gay imam takes the stage, he stuns even this audience.

“I think we’re at the start of a movement: a more inclusive Islam in America,” says Abdullah, “So if you have any same-sex marriages,” he says with a soft smile and a shrug, “I’m available.”

www.care2.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Wiki is similar but describes it this way.

The quote I gave you is from Wikipedia.

Halal is not just is a process, it is about all objects or actions that are impermissible. A halal butcher cannot sell pork because it is not permissible to begin with. Here is a Muslim source:

Halal (حلال)

The Arabic word Halal (حلال) means lawful. In the Holy Qur’an, Allah commands Muslims and all of mankind to eat of the Halal things. Among the many verses of the Qur’an that convey this message, here are a few: يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ كُلُوا مِمَّا فِي الأَرْضِ حَلالاً طَيِّبًا وَلاَ تَتَّبِعُوا خُطُوَاتِ الشَّيْطَانِ إِنَّهُ لَكُمْ عَدُوٌّ مُبِين
Don't click on me, you could end up on a watch list

edit on 31-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not a religious nutter

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join