It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to the Century of the Human Being and the Revelation of the Sons of God.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: loNeNLI

I used to think that way, as if the >I< or the me or the self was something to be discarded, leaving only some sort of oceanic selfless self, or the no-self self, but that only goes so far, so to speak.

At some point the self needs to be reintegrated, accepted even celebrated, and that's the high message of Christianity, which raises up the truest self as partner of the soul and the Spirit, like a marriage, which, in spiritual "consummation" gives birth to a new creation, which is as much as a way of seeing and being that is more true to the self and to the other, more genuine, more authentic, even playful, mirthful and charming, like a child. True humility is to know one's self as you truly are and express it fully as a human being and as a self.

We get to play a role, but when we know that who we are being is an expression of our true nature, then the self and the Spirit are in alignment. Then we are the light in the house that shines for everyone.

We must be taught this, and because we are talking about invisible things, it requires a modicum of faith, not a Buddhist formula where the self is to be denied.

What does it profit a man to gain the WHOLE world, but forfeit his own soul?, which I take to mean passion, enthusiasm, character and personality a self who is someone, even someone special in the eyes of God as a child of God.

Free and full self expression, with faith to move something, to be moved and to move others. This takes directed self will and self-determination, but it must be free and not coerced or mandated by some government agency.

What I'm pointing to is the latent power of the individual to move history, including his own and that of his fellow man.

edit on 2-1-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join