It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proven Conspiracies and Waking Up Others

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
So this thread stems from talking with others of a like mind, but not outsiders.

How do you in your life, wake up others, if at all?

I think the past 3 years have brought to light a lot of people finding out on their own how the world really works, and what's behind the curtain. With that said, I would say at least 75-85% of my family and friends have either no clue, or disregard anything of substance because of the old stigma that comes along with being a civilian investigator (conspiracy theorist).

This is what I do, and please tell me if I'm wrong in the approach.

"If a doctor has tried 47 ways to cure a certain disease, and finds one that works, we all pay attention. When that same doctor starts working on something else, the world pays attention. Again, through trial and error, he may or may not find another cure. He is, in essence, working blind.
Now if a Conspiracy theory becomes Conspiracy Fact, aren't we all obligated to pay attention? How about 2? 20?
We are talking about people working completely blind, and finding truth in others actions."

Then if there is any captivation at all, I go into a short list of proven conspiracies and what they are about.
Just in case anyone reading this is curious, I'll list my favorites. Please research them as they are completely exhilarating if you see one you've never heard of.

MK Ultra (of course)
Government poisoning alcohol during prohibition
Tonkin
Tuskegee Syphilis trials
Mockingbird
Bohemian Grove
Silkwood
The Business plot
Dark Alliance
Northwoods

So if a government is proven to be dishonest, shouldn't we all be paying attention? Shouldn't we all be trying to find the truth in others actions?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I try to wake my mrs up.. she said she dont care. And told me to get off the internet and paint the bathroom.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RiptKeys

I have tried to wake up my folks, but anything that is tagged with a conspiracy theory label, even if it has a ton of evidence to back it up, is tossed asunder.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The Hillary Clinton email/server scandal was a big conspiracy that proved out.

All the government reports proved she lied like crazy.

And the FBI actually recovered deleted emails that were State Department property.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
My dad is a genius research scientist ( Director of research fortune 500) he will be 90 tomorrow. In the 60s I was really into aliens and UFOs. He sat me down and said there are none.

Now he has changed his tune. He enjoys Tom Horn, and believes aliens are fallen beings and do exist. He also says bones of giants are being kept from the public ( Smithsonian) We have had some interesting conversations to say the least.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The problem is what is "waking up" to you is "drinking the kool aid" to others.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Patience, and finding those willing to listen. My wife listens to me and takes a "I wouldn't be surprised" viewpoint on things like ancient aliens, etc. I spoke to my kid brother at length a few months ago on pizzagate, he is a college student and staunchly liberal but surprisingly bitter over the DNC's treatment of Bernie Sanders. In his case, the conversation happened naturally and went from there.

I would suggest anyone trying to "redpill" anyone else have resources at your disposal to direct them to. If they are truly open minded they will at least do some investigating on their own before deciding whether or not it is BS.

I will say this, I convinced my wife that stocking up on food and supplies in the run up to the election was a good idea. I know that if the power is out due to an extended amount of time or we are unable to access our bank accounts due to a collapse or government bail-in we will be okay for at least a month, maybe longer.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I tried to explain to my oldest sister where our Christmas traditions came from, how most of it comes from pagan rituals, how it's all bent to create materialism. Her response was, and I'm not paraphrasing for effect, "why do you have to know why you do things?"

I gave up on her that day. That kind of blind conformity is almost impossible to overcome, and sad thing is that kind of thinking is rampant in our world.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

That...my friend...was hilarious!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I definitely agree. I think for the first time in history, a conspiracy fact, changed an election. I've found when talking about this stuff to non-believers, it's better to leave the right/left paradigm out of it.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I just think there's a huge difference in drinking the kool aid (something far fetched like 9/11 was an inside job), and living in the dark (things where the proof is before you, not theory).

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Tman2135

Tman - I agree fully. The problem lies with talking about it...bringing it up...and finishing strong so the people who aren't "willing to listen" get the red pill.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

And the FBI actually recovered deleted emails that were State Department property.

The emails proved how crooked she wasn't.. which is why even trump isn't going after her, they have nothing.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

WOW! "Why do you have to know why you do things" That is amazing!

That right there is why I made this post. To get the juices flowing and hopefully come up with a perfect conversation to have so that people like that are not impossible to overcome.

We need ideas. Sentences to say. Believable conversations to convey the points short of shoving the red pill down someones throat.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It depends.

For many waking up is believing in aliens and fluoride poisoning, for others it's the realisation that some very real questions can be answered but are not due to deception.

For instance UFOs, I've been called a nut before but in reality I just want to know what buzzes our skies, why the military is deceptive on such a topic... The reason?

I feel its fairly obvious, they do not want the public knowing what they have because if I can find out you can be damn sure adversaries can find out.

Is their cover ups?

Yes history is full of them, usually because if such information saw the light of day some serious questions about morality ethics and law will be asked and that sir isn't a good thing for the people committing undesirable acts.

Was it not a conspiracy about what happens at guantanamo bay? Over time we've come to accept these things.

Same for area 51 and the illegal dumping of hazardous material, over time we've began to shrug and think no big deal... It's a big deal for people who lost family needlessly.

Waking up comes with it's own rewards and consequences, you have to be logical and keep it real as it were and even then you will become somewhat jaded with humanity. Suffering a discontent with your fellow human for it's willingness to do nothing or accept what is repugnant.

Sometimes conspiracy theorists are the worst enemy, sometimes they fully assist in clouding the waters so that nobody can see the evil happenings beneath the water.

Sad but true.
edit on 30-12-2016 by RAY1990 because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I like what you're saying about it meaning different things to different people. There are many hats to be worn in our world. But I actually think we can learn from that on the waking up conversation portion. Like asking about hobbies, or what interests them. This can be an entry way.

I also believe that in the day and age we live in, it's hard to be surprised and become jaded. If you're not jaded already, you haven't payed attention to anything. People born after 1960 can not remember a time the US hasn't been in a conflict or war. You can't get more jaded against humanity than that.

It's true, the waters can get muddy. But what would of happened if some "nutbag" didn't say "the government is giving people '___' and running tests on them". Would we have ever known?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: xuenchen

The emails proved how crooked she wasn't.. which is why even trump isn't going after her, they have nothing.

The FBI on Friday will begin sending the “several thousand” deleted work-related emails sent through Hillary Clinton’s private sever that it uncovered during its investigation to the State Department, government lawyers said Monday

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Usually the nutbags are partially right.

I suppose that's where agenda comes in, do you think for instance Alex Jones believes everything that comes out of his mouth?

I doubt it, the man puts on a good show and others lap it up.

It's entirely possible such angles are purposely pushed so that when the truth finally comes out the shock factor is gone.

We accept too much as truth, then when the truth comes along it's just another face in the multifaceted reality we live in.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
I try to wake my mrs up.. she said she dont care. And told me to get off the internet and paint the bathroom.

Paint it with a mixture of occult, Illuminati, and Freemason symbols. Add in a happy little bush, it will be our little secret.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: Pandaram

Paint it with a mixture of occult, Illuminati, and Freemason symbols. Add in a happy little bush, it will be our little secret.

ones i painted on the wall ' I WILL KILL AGAIN' in dark red paint then wall paper it over and mum and dad sold the house..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join