It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military Works with Iraqis to Secure Election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Iraqi man walks past the election poster of the Iraqi United Coalition reading 'when the others failed we will save our children'

"The U.S. military is working with Iraqi forces and the Iraqi government to provide security for the elections scheduled for Sunday, as daily attacks by insurgents continue. American commanders say Iraqi forces will have a key role on Election Day, but the coalition will provide forces designed to deter or respond to any attack."

www.voanews.com...

How can anyone argue that these people don't want elections, freedom , and a chance to change decades of horror under Saddam.............

We should all "Pray" that the terrorist will be "bound" and unable to do their evil.........

This is one of the most "powerful" images I have ever seen for the liberation of Iraq.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
more images from iraq elections

i also "pray" for a peacefull sunday elections,
and that they will bring peace to this country.
but that is going to be very hard,
and "democracy" will have a very high price.
if you ask me, sooner or later,
the iraq will be split in two or three smaller countries,
one for each ethnic-tribal-religious group.
which means,
more borderlines,
with baghdad city in the middle....

i just hope i am wrong.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
This is one of those "rare" occasions where you and I completely agree. Including that Iraq will be divided up.

Hey nice pic's...............................

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
This is one of those "rare" occasions where you and I completely agree. Including that Iraq will be divided up.

there is time for war,
amd there is time for peace...

and there is time when doctor H agrees with me?
this is really a rare occasion indeed.

but then again,
stranger things have happened before....

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Everyone knows you cant hold genuine elections in a forcibly occupied country. This election is staged, there is going to be trouble out there this weekend, mark my words.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by MERC]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MERC
Everyone knows you cant hold genuine elections in a forcibly occupied country. This election is staged, there is going to be trouble out there this weekend, mark my words.

How prophetic there Merc! The whole world knows that "Z" man has threatened to disrupt the elections. If you bother to look around you will find that over 80% of Iraqis want this election.

Forcibly occupied country my arse..............

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

wounder if that girl was hit by a strey artielry shell or bomb from the US armed forces

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
How is it not a forcibly occupied country? Did they let us in and say, please, please, occupy our country and rid us of our Satanic dictatorship? I dont think so. Anyway, What are you basing the 80% figure on again? I saw you made a thread about it recently but i really cant be bothered too dig it up, 80% seems a bit far fetched considering the amount of electorial candidates and political parties "running" in this "election". Iraqis dont even know where the polling stations are. There wont be a turnout of more than around 30%, and if there is, its rigged.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MERC
How is it not a forcibly occupied country?

There wont be a turnout of more than around 30%, and if there is, its rigged.

Answer to question one......ever heard of a guy named Saddam?

Question -2 - this counrty under Saddam was "required" to vote and vote for Saddam. Only men could vote. This time women can vote and some are even running for office. That is why "Z" man is going nuts trying to stop the elections........freedom is Islams worse enemy. The people might actually learn the truth about the rest of the world..........

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   

freedom is Islams worse enemy.

DrHoracid cant you go on without your racist agenda?
or must you turn every topic you come accross into one of your racist bash islam topic's

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

freedom is Islams worse enemy.

DrHoracid cant you go on without your racist agenda?
or must you turn every topic you come accross into one of your racist bash islam topic's

How is what I said "racest"? Fact....Islamic states are rule by the "mullah's". Fear of them "whipping" up the masses seems to be a fairly contant issue.

I would submitt can't you "go on" without attacking GW?

Don't transfer you personal "hate" for the world into my lap. That is called "tranference". Look into your own heart first, then call me a "racest". Racisim is "hate", I hate no one............

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
i also fear the same MERC,
i fear that the phrase "bloody sunday" will get a whole new meaning...

Juan Cole, a professor of modern Middle East history at the University of Michigan.

"These elections are a joke,

"The Bush administration has created the worst possible advertisement for democracy because the perception across the Middle East is that democracy means you get a country where everything is out of control," he said.

Critics say Iraq gives democracy a bad name in the Middle East
Before the vote, the administration "has definitely gone into damage-control mode", Stephen Zunes, a politics professor at the University of San Francisco said.

"Once their original rationale [to rid Iraq of weapons of mass destruction] fell apart, they created very high expectations for democracy to be able to justify their takeover," he said.

"Now that they have ended up with a not particularly good demonstration of democracy, they are forced to lower the public's expectations for these elections."

and i also found this interesting fact:

By coincidence, Iraq's 30 January elections fall on the 37th anniversary of the Tet offensive, the Vietnam war turning point that could hold lessons for Iraqi fighters and US policy makers.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   

How is what I said "racest"? Fact....Islamic states are rule by the "mullah's". Fear of them "whipping" up the masses seems to be a fairly contant issue.

I would submitt can't you "go on" without attacking GW?

Don't transfer you personal "hate" for the world into my lap. That is called "tranference". Look into your own heart first, then call me a "racest". Racisim is "hate", I hate no one............

have you answerd my question?
again why do you tend to turn every topic into a islam bashing topic?
then i will answer yours

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   

have you answerd my question?
again why do you tend to turn every topic into a islam bashing topic?
then i will answer yours

Telling the world the "truth" about Islam isn't "bashing". You well know that in my eyes, Islam is a false religion. Too many buy the BS that Islam is a religion of peace and "Allah" is the God of Abraham. And if you will bother to look, EVERY topic I post isn't about "Islam".

So there is that enough of an answer?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Telling the world the "truth" about Islam isn't "bashing". You well know that in my eyes, Islam is a false religion.

i didnt say every post but most
even when the topic has no religous value or intent you are able to turn it into a islam bashing topic

You well know that in my eyes, Islam is a false religion.

and in the eyes of others christianity and jews is a false religion
but i dont see them nuttering on about it here 24/7

lastly if you want to show your views on islam,christianity and so on join a religous forum

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   

lastly if you want to show your views on islam,christianity and so on join a religous forum

So the "war on terror" section should be discussed without any reference to religion................

The terrorist "Jihad", aahhh, screaming "allah akkabar" has nothing to do with religion.

Gezz Bod....your agenda is showing.................

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

So the "war on terror" section should be discussed without any reference to religion................

The terrorist "Jihad", aahhh, screaming "allah akkabar" has nothing to do with religion.

Gezz Bod....your agenda is showing.................

wow nice cut and paste your self ( see your liberal side showing )

did i say anything about war on terror or the fact that you turn mostly everything into a islam bashing topic.

there is a big diffrence from what i am talking about and what you are reffering to.

also one question ( nothing to do with this )
i read someones reply about you and it said that youe wernt jew or christian but some cult that mixed both together

is that true?

new topics

top topics

join