It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's Right? Obama? Netanyahu?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: lostbook

Didn't look like it from reading, by I'm not judging you anyways.

To answer your question I think Obama was right for once.

You can't push people to follow international laws and then veto every time Israel are at the charge.
It's not just hypocrisy it's sick what they're doing.

Next the US tax payers should demand no more funding a merciless, right wing military.

I agree with you on the excessive funding. It's the heart of the issue....GREED.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Talk talk talk, they been dong that forever. Who remembers how ritual it used to be every year to have Peace Summits at Camp David and hand shaking ceremonies of Palestinian (Arafat) the Israeli rep and current US Presider on the White House lawn?

The endless peace 'process'.

You all been duped one, more, time...

Unfortunately, Israel needs a boogeyman to keep receiving military aid/funding. That title goes to the Palestinians.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Did you know, during WWII the whole german Africa Korp thing was to support Italy, control the Suez Canal and eventually gain access to Middle Eastern oil and Asian resources?

Rommel lost. The English won. The Israel was established .The goals were the same, haven't changed.

historynet

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Why do we get involved with the countries in the Middle East anyway. Obama was wrong to do what he did, he interfered with another countries government which is supposed to be our ally. Israel's government isn't very reasonable either. but two wrongs do not make a right.

He interfered by abstaining from voting? He really should have voted for it. Israel needs to stop building where they do not live.

How would you like it if your neighbor built a factory in your yard and when questioned he says, "Relax, it's just a settlement."

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Talk talk talk, they been dong that forever. Who remembers how ritual it used to be every year to have Peace Summits at Camp David and hand shaking ceremonies of Palestinian (Arafat) the Israeli rep and current US Presider on the White House lawn?

The endless peace 'process'.

You all been duped one, more, time...

Unfortunately, Israel needs a boogeyman to keep receiving military aid/funding. That title goes to the Palestinians.

Arabs in general. They could all die tomorrow and the resources would still be there under the ground. The Palestinians are an unfortunate thorn in the side of the whole 'Peace Process'. Israel is a mediterranean port for furthering western gains in the whole of 'Arabia'.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I can't imagine what inspeirs these 2.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I say that you're giving "God's chosen" on "God given land" a lot of leeway in that "rationalist" label you've applied to them.

To Which 'God's chosen' are you referring to ?

The Jews.

The Muslims.

Because Palesntine sure the hell didn't exist during the Ottoman Empire.

And in cased people missed that period in the middle east.

That was muslim invaders and occupiers.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Palestinian Coins and Passports in circulation at the time disagree with your Hasbara.

That's just 2 of a myriad of ways I could counter you lame pro-Israeli argument.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I say that you're giving "God's chosen" on "God given land" a lot of leeway in that "rationalist" label you've applied to them.

The Jews.

The Muslims.

So, you're with Netanyahu on this one?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I can't imagine what inspeirs these 2.

Obama and Netanyahu?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Next the US tax payers should demand no more funding a merciless, right wing military.

I don't give loyalty to either side.

That being said a few years I would agree with you to no end on this point, however, recent times have shown the agenda is not partisan. Both sides have avid war hawks, the grip the military industrial complex must have is truly disgusting.

And the young people of our country are to take the tab with blood, and for all the citizens we are left with exponential debt and inflation.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Palestinian Coins and Passports in circulation at the time disagree with your Hasbara.

Musta been Roman after they renamed Judea. Paelstine.

That's just 2 of a myriad of ways I could counter you lame pro-Israeli argument.

Yeah right.

Will the original owners please stand up?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

So "Americans" should leave and native Americans should have their land back? They are the original owners by your logic.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Will the original owners please stand up?

The plant life and lizards of Pangaea.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: rickymouse
Why do we get involved with the countries in the Middle East anyway. Obama was wrong to do what he did, he interfered with another countries government which is supposed to be our ally. Israel's government isn't very reasonable either. but two wrongs do not make a right.

He interfered by abstaining from voting? He really should have voted for it. Israel needs to stop building where they do not live.

How would you like it if your neighbor built a factory in your yard and when questioned he says, "Relax, it's just a settlement."

Our government would just condemn my house "for the good of the people" and then kick me off and sell my land to the company. That is the way it is here in America.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The Jews.

The Muslims.

So, you're with Netanyahu on this one?

Mainly because of the last six years of listening to 'The US has no right to tell other countries what to do' on here.

Except when it comes to Isreal.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Neither is right, and we should get the hell out of the business of interfering with other countries' issues that don't directly threaten out borders or our citizens. Treaties and alliances are one of the biggest perpetuators of war in human history, and the fact that so many think that our alliance with Israel is somehow ordained by god and double-dipped in titanium and gold really sheds light on the reality that too many people with political power in our nation are blinded by tradition. This has done nothing but perpetuate problems for the U.S. where none would exist without said alliance.

It's time to get out of the business of having to back every "good" nation in the world via treaty or alliance. If Israel can't defend and protect itself by now without our help, then maybe they don't deserve to be a sovereign nation.

It's harsh, but it's true.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

So "Americans" should leave and native Americans should have their land back? They are the original owners by your logic.

Works for me since since I'm part native American.

Tbe US is the last people to be telling ISreal what to do because of that fact.
edit on 30-12-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

We helped "get it back", so I think it's fair that we can say don't piss on your neighbors and make them relocate.

The holocaust was an atrocity, what is equally as horrific is the people effected caring out humanitarian discrepancies.

The day we stop giving them billions a year is he day I'll agree we can't say anything to them.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: loNeNLI

originally posted by: Syphone

I believe in Israel and the point that Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East where people can be free. The problem is that Palestinians are Empirical and have ties to the land which are religious for them. The Israelis who are Rational, don't see it this way and use very Western modes of thought when approaching this issue.

Are we talking about the west or the Middle East? If Israelis love so much to be western, then why they don't just pack their bag and go to the west?

Israel was established as a forward base for the west on the eastern mediterranean, close to the oil. the whole religious holyland thing is a ruse.

..i understand you say that as 'logical option'
but the truth is ten times more Devious.

What truth is that?

..the Mimicking of 'gods chosen people' by Canaan

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join