It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's Right? Obama? Netanyahu?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Empiricixsm vs Rationalism......The fight rages on! This whole Israeli Palestinian issue will never be solved until each side realizes that they want the other to see it their way. The problem is that each side refuses to see the other sides viewpoint. This is becvause of the lense through which each prospective side sees the world. The Palestinians are Empiricists and see things through a religious filter. The Israelis are the Rationalists and see the situation through a different filter. Basically, Rationalists believe that we can gain knowledge through science, math, etc and Empiricists believe that knowledge is more inherent or understood through nature/ god.

Now that the UN has voted the settlement building illegal, Netanyahu and Israel are striking back against Obama and the White House for not taking Israel's side in the UN; something the US has always done for the last 36yrs even when other nations urged otherwise.

The way the White House tells it, the U.S. had no choice. For eight years, President Barack Obama has been pleading with Israel to stop building settlements. But they didn't listen. So reluctantly, the president instructed his United Nations ambassador to abstain from a Security Council resolution that affirmed for the first time in 36 years that every Jewish home in East Jerusalem and the West Bank was a "flagrant violation of international law."

I believe in Israel and the point that Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East where people can be free. The problem is that Palestinians are Empirical and have ties to the land which are religious for them. The Israelis who are Rational, don't see it this way and use very Western modes of thought when approaching this issue. When Israel continues to build settlements on land which they may have won in conflict it's a slap in the face to the defeated adversary; especially when Netanyahu claims to want peace. The Palestinians keep attacking Israel, sometimes blindly. I think it's a matter of greed on both sides. This is only my opinion...I'm not taking sides; I don't have a stake in this issue. I just want to discuss this issue here. Did Obama make the right move by refusing to vote for Israel in the UN or is Netanyahu right in claiming that Obama is only making the situation worse by not backing Israel...? What say you, ATS?

www.newsmax.com...

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I say that you're giving "God's chosen" on "God given land" a lot of leeway in that "rationalist" label you've applied to them.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

No. I'm just trying to remain in the middle. Not taking sides.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Didn't look like it from reading, by I'm not judging you anyways.

To answer your question I think Obama was right for once.

You can't push people to follow international laws and then veto every time Israel are at the charge.
It's not just hypocrisy it's sick what they're doing.

Next the US tax payers should demand no more funding a merciless, right wing military.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Empiricixsm vs Rationalism......The fight rages on! This whole Israeli Palestinian issue will never be solved until each side realizes that they want the other to see it their way. The problem is that each side refuses to see the other sides viewpoint. This is becvause of the lense through which each prospective side sees the world. The Palestinians are Empiricists and see things through a religious filter. The Israelis are the Rationalists and see the situation through a different filter. Basically, Rationalists believe that we can gain knowledge through science, math, etc and Empiricists believe that knowledge is more inherent or understood through nature/ god.

Now that the UN has voted the settlement building illegal, Netanyahu and Israel are striking back against Obama and the White House for not taking Israel's side in the UN; something the US has always done for the last 36yrs even when other nations urged otherwise.

The way the White House tells it, the U.S. had no choice. For eight years, President Barack Obama has been pleading with Israel to stop building settlements. But they didn't listen. So reluctantly, the president instructed his United Nations ambassador to abstain from a Security Council resolution that affirmed for the first time in 36 years that every Jewish home in East Jerusalem and the West Bank was a "flagrant violation of international law."

I believe in Israel and the point that Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East where people can be free. The problem is that Palestinians are Empirical and have ties to the land which are religious for them. The Israelis who are Rational, don't see it this way and use very Western modes of thought when approaching this issue. When Israel continues to build settlements on land which they may have won in conflict it's a slap in the face to the defeated adversary; especially when Netanyahu claims to want peace. The Palestinians keep attacking Israel, sometimes blindly. I think it's a matter of greed on both sides. This is only my opinion...I'm not taking sides; I don't have a stake in this issue. I just want to discuss this issue here. Did Obama make the right move by refusing to vote for Israel in the UN or is Netanyahu right in claiming that Obama is only making the situation worse by not backing Israel...? What say you, ATS?

www.newsmax.com...

- it's an concocted fake 'war' of Canaan's Dualism,
between tribes, who neither have any right to occupy that land,
and that non-war is devised by Canaan, since 1947, to mess up and confuse all the souls in the West who are His'.

Period.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I believe in Israel and the point that Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East where people can be free. The problem is that Palestinians are Empirical and have ties to the land which are religious for them. The Israelis who are Rational, don't see it this way and use very Western modes of thought when approaching this issue.

Are we talking about the west or the Middle East? If Israelis love so much to be western, then why they don't just pack their bag and go to the west?

Again… are we talking about the west or the Middle East…?

edit on 30-12-2016 by Syphone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Talk talk talk, they been dong that forever. Who remembers how ritual it used to be every year to have Peace Summits at Camp David and hand shaking ceremonies of Palestinian (Arafat) the Israeli rep and current US Presider on the White House lawn?

The endless peace 'process'.

You all been duped one, more, time...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Didn't look like it from reading, by I'm not judging you anyways.

To answer your question I think Obama was right for once.

You can't push people to follow international laws and then veto every time Israel are at the charge.
It's not just hypocrisy it's sick what they're doing.

Next the US tax payers should demand no more funding a merciless, right wing military.

I have my opinions about this whole mess but I don't want to influence people's opinions in this thread. I want to hear both sides.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Syphone

I believe in Israel and the point that Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East where people can be free. The problem is that Palestinians are Empirical and have ties to the land which are religious for them. The Israelis who are Rational, don't see it this way and use very Western modes of thought when approaching this issue.

Are we talking about the west or the Middle East? If Israelis love so much to be western, then why they don't just pack their bag and go to the west?

Israel was established as a forward base for the west on the eastern mediterranean, close to the oil. the whole religious holyland thing is a ruse.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Again… are we talking about the west or the Middle East…?

I could be wrong but I think Israel has strategic importance to the West being where it is.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Syphone

Ummm...on a globe or sphere...west and east are only directions...merely another means of saying left or right...

From a purely geographical standpoint...the Mideast becomes merely west once you step to the right of it...So from a Jordanian standpoint both Palestinians and Israelis are...western...

YouSir
edit on 30-12-2016 by YouSir because: I just hadsta...

link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Israel was established as a forward base for the west on the eastern mediterranean, close to the oil. the whole religious holyland thing is a ruse.

..i understand you say that as 'logical option'
but the truth is ten times more Devious.

link   
Obama on this issue.

The guy has to be right sometimes I guess.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Israel should ponder the fact that 14 countries supported the resolution Obama just facilitated it , Obama was right but at the wrong time , if this was to matter he should have done it a few years ago.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Talk talk talk, they been dong that forever. Who remembers how ritual it used to be every year to have Peace Summits at Camp David and hand shaking ceremonies of Palestinian (Arafat) the Israeli rep and current US Presider on the White House lawn?

I see thru it. It's greed that's in control.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Why do we get involved with the countries in the Middle East anyway. Obama was wrong to do what he did, he interfered with another countries government which is supposed to be our ally. Israel's government isn't very reasonable either. but two wrongs do not make a right.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
I say that you're giving "God's chosen" on "God given land" a lot of leeway in that "rationalist" label you've applied to them.

No kidding, religion dominates Israel and I'm sure makes them feel superior.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: loNeNLI

..i understand you say that as 'logical option'
but the truth is ten times more Devious.

What truth is that?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

What I don't get about Israeli settlements is why? Is there no land in Israel itself these settlements could be built on? If there is, then these are by design, invasions, occupations, and annexations.

When Russia did it to Ukraine with Crimea it's the worst thing ever (which it actually is) but when Israel does it it's different? I don't buy into hypocrisy, and that's what it blatantly is on Israel's part.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

I see thru it. It's greed that's in control.

Yep. They always do that stuff in the name of god. Its printed on the dollar bill.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join