It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Radical Islamic Terror does not exist then why is the NYPD placing truck barriers for the BD?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I wonder if the NYPD has succumbed to Islamophobia. Seems a bit overkill for just a tiny percentage of "extremist ideology".

And if you couldnt tell already im being extremely sarcastic at Obama's refusal to mention RIT throughout his 8 years in office. Also as a fellow supporter of Cops it is extremely scary that it has gotten to this point where we need truck barriers to celebrate New Year's.
The Trump Administration can't get here quick enough.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
I wonder if the NYPD has succumbed to Islamophobia. Seems a bit overkill for just a tiny percentage of "extremist ideology".

And if you couldnt tell already im being extremely sarcastic at Obama's refusal to mention RIT throughout his 8 years in office. Also as a fellow supporter of Cops it is extremely scary that it has gotten to this point where we need truck barriers to celebrate New Year's.
The Trump Administration can't get here quick enough.

Makes sense to keep the traffic on the road, it's a basic deterrent really, and just think of the fallout should some ejit try to do another Berlin incident, if there was nothing there.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

The point is not that there is no terrorism. There is definitely terrorism and it should be guarded against in cities during mass gatherings. There is absolutely NO question about that with Obama or any intelligent "progressive/liberal."

What IS at issue is whether or not to piss off all of Islam because of the terrorists that use it's name to commit atrocities against man (and God). It is a question of NAMES. Why do you include "Islamic" in this?

The extremists who are doing these terrible acts, and convincing lone wolf operators to join them, has more akin with a brainwashing death cult than Islam.

A serious question. How does painting Islam, and therefore potentially every single person who identifies as Islamic, as having something called "Radical Islamic Terror" help? If you want people of Islam to HELP you, you don't point a finger at them as a potential terrorist. No. You SEPARATE the evil of terrorism FROM Islam. You make it CLEAR that the TERRORISTS ARE NOT REPRESENTATIVE OF THE RELIGION OR THE GOOD PEOPLE IN THAT RELIGION.

It is called strategy. It may be mere semantics, but words do matter.

Keep your sarcasm. Lives are lost, treaties fail, and wars begin, with mere words. So yes, HOW one says things are important in diplomacy and the balance between war and peace.

Why create more problems than you need by some false sense of "strength" in calling it "Radical Islamic Terrorism?"
If they are "just words" then why does it matter so much to you to challenge all of Islam, instead of removing the terrorists and calling them base and vile extremists who have perverted the text of Islam for their own twisted and power=hungry desires? See the difference?

Anyway. It is a good thing to be prepared for extremism of all kinds in this world, no?

= AB

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I wonder if the NYPD has succumbed to Islamophobia

I say the NYPD was paying attention to what happened in France with 'assault' trucks.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

What IS at issue is whether or not to piss off all of Islam because of the terrorists that use it's name to commit atrocities against man (and God). It is a question of NAMES. Why do you include "Islamic" in this?

Because it is Islamic terrorism. Muslims should be pissed at others using Islam to justify the mass slaughter and terror of human beings, not those who call a spade a spade.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

But it's ok to snip off millions of gun owners with that political neologism 'gun violence'.

Maybe we should take a page from O's playbook and call it Muslim violence.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Probably because of things like this..

The Qur'an says: "Fight and slay the pagans [Christians] wherever ye find them and seize them, confine them, and lie in wait for them in every place of ambush" (Surah 9:5)

The problem is people who think that you can separate terrorism from Islam.

"Peaceful" Muslims are NOT FOLLOWING THEIR OWN BIBLE.

What Islam needs is the Christian version of the Reformation.

Until they accomplish that they're still in the 1300's. And should be treated as such.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Because it is Islamic terrorism. Muslims should be pissed at others using Islam to justify the mass slaughter and terror of human beings, not those who call a spade a spade.

Muslims are pissed that extremist groups misuse Islam in such a way. That is why they want them separated from the religion they desecrate. See? Therefore it is NOT "Islam" but people who have spat upon Islam and are claiming it falsely. FALSELY.

I know you understand me. Do not be willfully dogmatic. You are not calling a spade a spade, you are calling a spade Islam, silly, and it ain't that.

- AB

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Muslims are pissed that extremist groups misuse Islam in such a way. That is why they want them separated from the religion they desecrate. See? Therefore it is NOT "Islam" but people who have spat upon Islam and are claiming it falsely. FALSELY.

I know you understand me. Do not be willfully dogmatic. You are not calling a spade a spade, you are calling a spade Islam, silly, and it ain't that. - AB

It is Islam. Accusing Muslims of not being Muslim is takfir, something that ISIS engages in before slaughtering fellow Muslims. I'm not sure that is a helpful method.

Either way, you can read the motives of Islamic terrorists, and all of them are justified by their faith.
edit on 30-12-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Who is actually saying there is no radical Islamic terrorism?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The "Islamic" description is used by people who commit these acts.

They seem sure of their right to use the term.

It is accurate because that's their motivation.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

Yeah. And you could pull Bible quotes with all kinds of horrors in them too. You can use scriptures from around the world, with very few exceptions, to justify a lot of terrible things.

Now, do you really think you are the best arbiter of what people of Islam should do in their religion? Do you really think YOUR interpretation should be theirs? Do you think the Pope should listen to you as well? Do you think all the various Christian sects should take your interpretation of scripture as the One True Way??

Seriously. Don't try to tell Islam what it is, nor it's people what they should "really" believe and how evil that is - imagine someone doing that to your beliefs about God and the deep peace you might feel in prayer. When your connection to the divine uplifts you, and someone tells you you are wrong and that you are not seeing how terrible your faith is...

None of what you are doing helps. Instead, all it does is create more misunderstanding and frustration.

I'm not Islamic, by the way, in case you were wondering. But I do not step into other people's Houses of Worship and tell them how to live their lives nor what their God really means to say in their books.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

But it's ok to snip off millions of gun owners with that political neologism 'gun violence'.

Maybe we should take a page from O's playbook and call it Muslim violence.

That is not an adequate analogy. You are honestly not making any sense.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Or you could see what they have to say about it?

LINK - Information on the Islamic Religion - Terrorism

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Ohio state terrorist, the New York terrorist, the Pulse Nightclub terrorist, the San Bernadino terrorists have only one thing in common: their faith.

The less we pretend Islam is not a contributing factor to Islamic terrorism the less Islamic terror will happen. The more we pretend that Muslims are so weak that criticizing Islam is a direct insult to their very being, the more Islamic terror will happen. We have to speak the truth no matter who it offends.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I know you understand me. Do not be willfully dogmatic. You are not calling a spade a spade, you are calling a spade Islam, silly, and it ain't that.

- AB

There is so much debate around this issue (thank god, or what ever deity) that I just have to chip in. So when it comes to islam and muslims helpful analogy would be to compare it to nazism. Yes, I know that is somewhat provocative, but we are talking about ideology here, aren't we..?
So there were all kinds of nazis; fanatics, intellectual scholar types, just sheeple, opportunists. But we don't judge nazism by actions of any of these groups, now do we? Some might be inclined to claim that it was the acts of the fanatics that make nazism somewhat unfavorable ideology nowadays. But i disagree. I claim that it is the inevidable conclusion that ideology like that sooner or later comes. Only logical outcome of that kind of ideology (if it gets large enough following) is that "the better people" (aryans in this case) start to impose their will onto others and dehumanising them. That is why we should oppose nazism and all ideologies alike.
And that brings us to islam. Same kind of premises can be found from islam. Some people are better than others and therefore are justified to impose their will to others, subjucate them and even slay them. The right to do so comes from sky fairy, not their heritage and genetics, but the implications remain in many ways identical.
So, did the fanatics hijack perfectly good nazism and turned it into despicable abomination, or was the ideology itself somewhat flawed?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreyScale

Probably because of things like this..

The Qur'an says: "Fight and slay the pagans [Christians] wherever ye find them and seize them, confine them, and lie in wait for them in every place of ambush" (Surah 9:5)

The problem is people who think that you can separate terrorism from Islam.

"Peaceful" Muslims are NOT FOLLOWING THEIR OWN BIBLE.

What Islam needs is the Christian version of the Reformation.

Until they accomplish that they're still in the 1300's. And should be treated as such.

Oh, Like this:

Deuteronomy 17: If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

They do this every year....

And it's compounded by Trump still living in NYC causing major traffic delays and costing the city millions a week.

And who is saying there is no such thing as terrorism? You do you know terrorism isn't only limited to radical Muslims, right?
edit on 30-12-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Because if anyone actually bothered to look at numbers instead of liberal rhetoric, they'd know it's best to be prepared. Also, maybe the police know better than our useless coward of a prez.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You'll probably feel a lot better when Official Police State is here. Sit tight, it's coming, if not here already.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join