It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Politics of "Leave Me the Hell Alone"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I would agree that most Americans fit within the bell curve...not to left....not to right...sorta in the middle. But we have those small % on the left & right that are just BUG NUT CRAZY in their convictions. But I too would just rather be left alone. Let me do with myself the way I see fit. Hell you can't even walk off into the woods and live anymore.....you may run into some nutcase filming a damn cable show about a man living in the woods off the land.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
How do you feel about databases for peowww.thenlbs.com... who have done nothing wrong but pray to a different deity?
Let's see how strong your convictions are for other people.

Point being those who cause the terrorism belong to the same group

that 'pray to that same different deity'?

There for a database is required/needed for elimination purposes when

a terrorist atrocity has been committed.

Without these terrorist campaigns against innocent men, women, and

children .... data base tabs would not be required?

Makes sense to me.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If you run for President next time you get my vote.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Sorry, but. . no.

For me, it started with seatbelt laws. When government had to step in and mandate that people wear a seatbelt, a common sense item, while driving or being a passenger. . . then that was the beginning of the end.

And we allowed it.

We let it happen.

I admire your stance, attitude, approach on life. I wish it could be different.

But once the shackles are on, then it's a moot point to argue the length of the chain.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You should move to new Hampshire..any one over 18 can choose to not buckle up if so inclined..

Also , no sales tax.I drive over the border for all major purchases.

Hell the state motto is "live free or die"

~meathead

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

I wish it was that easy.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic
a reply to: DBCowboy

You should move to new Hampshire..any one over 18 can choose to not buckle up if so inclined..

Also , no sales tax.I drive over the border for all major purchases.

Hell the state motto is "live free or die"

~meathead

That sounds nice, but for my next move it will be to Alaska when I retire in 25 years.....ugh

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

pro human rights shouldn't be conservative or liberal viewpoints politically. If either party wants to restrict rights or be against increasing human rights whenever possible, they are no longer worthy of being a political party. Unfortunately we all know both parties are pro-business before human rights always!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Sorry, but. . no.

For me, it started with seatbelt laws. When government had to step in and mandate that people wear a seatbelt, a common sense item, while driving or being a passenger. . . then that was the beginning of the end.

And we allowed it.

We let it happen.

I admire your stance, attitude, approach on life. I wish it could be different.

But once the shackles are on, then it's a moot point to argue the length of the chain.

To be fair, those seatbelt laws were driven (pun intended) by the insurance companies. The cost of payout to human capital in serious accidents was too cost prohibitive and was rising. So, to reduce the cost, while increasing the premiums paid to them, they lobbied to enact these restrictive laws. I used to wear a lap belt 100% of the time, until all vehicles changed to over-the-shoulder belts. I have a serious phobia about things around my neck. I cannot wear those at all. But now, every time I drive I am breaking the law so that I don't have a panic attack and drive into people and kill them. But, that is irrelevant, the insurance companies got their lower cost, charge higher premiums, and increased their profit margin.

This was as much about driver safety as the duck-and-cover drills I had to do as a child in school in the event of a nuclear detonation. Anyone want to guess why they came up with that one?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Leave me the hell alone, too!

I could rant all night on this one, but I am lines l limited by this infernal touch screen input device.

Seat belt laws may have stemmed from insurance, but a simple line in the agreement stating passengers not wearing seatbelts are not covered would do the trick. I'm a believer in seat belts- but I've had enough exposure to the law to know that attaching fines to common sense will only result in nonsense.

I've gotten a ticket for driving a car that I bought, and I had never driven before, to the inspection station to get an inspection sticker. The fine was 150 for not having said sicker. As a bonus, when I got there I was late to my appointment because getting pulled over delayed me 20 minutes, and I was denied a inspection.
Leave me the hell alone!

I was threatened a ticket for having a small "camp" fire in my own back yard. All I wanted to do was have a drink, a smoke, and sit around a fire with my friends on the property that I own and pay taxes on- but apparently my beautiful brick fire place wasn't UL listed, which means I was breaking the law.
Leave me the hell alone!

I've got a dozen more before even getting past police harassment.
Being a predominately US user base, we mostly know about Medicare. Well, I'm 30. Medicare had been stealing from me for half my life and I'll never see a dime back from it.
Leave me the hell alone!

But that isn't enough. New Hampshire might feel like they can "live free our die", but right next door we've got Maine- and if you live here, your state taxes also pay for Mainecare, which might just be the biggest load of welfare driven nonsense I've ever heard of.
I "own" a house. (Pay a mortgage to the bankster thieves). The couple next door rent one. From their parents, who refuse to kick them out for not paying all the bills. I know for a fact they get food stamps. I also know they make a $300 a month car payment on a car that sits totaled in the driveway. I happen to know it's totaled because they drove it into a building while high on something more intense than a plant you might find growing in a ditch. While insurance is mandatory where I live (Leave me the hell alone!), they did not have it... So they fled the accident to avoid prosecution.
Meanwhile, I hate them with everything that I am, but I leave them the hell alone.... Even though they live off of the 30 zine odd percent of my income that is stolen from me every day by the government that does not know how to leave me the hell alone.

Could go on for hours.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Leave me the hell alone is a nice sentiment.

I just wish more people could embrace it. It's sad that so many think they are entitled to tell me what to do either because they think they know what's best or because they want to boss people around. And the saddest thing is so many are so murderous about it (like the members of the aforementioned religion).

If it weren't for them, I could live in peace.

And before someone goes on about my opinions here, they are just that -- my opinions. There is a very real difference between what I opine and what I would actually want to force others to do.
edit on 31-12-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Like the freedom of those who want to go Christmas shopping in Berlin, or those who want to see an Elton John concert without fear of being blown to bits by nail bombs?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-Ben Franklin

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Cool Thread Metallicus! S+F! I am in the I do what I want when I want as long as it doesn't get ME busted, in a Fight, or infringes on someone elses rights, club. I'll say what I want, when I want as well. F%*# it if I say something that might trigger someone. They are only words, and if They can't handle that, They should not be out in public.... That is all. Do Carry on...

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
How do you feel about databases for people who have done nothing wrong but pray to a different deity?

Let's see how strong your convictions are for other people.

Draw a cartoon of that deity for experimental purposes and see why there needs to be a database.
lol.. Spot on

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Cool Thread Metallicus! S+F! I am in the I do what I want when I want as long as it doesn't get ME busted, in a Fight, or infringes on someone elses rights, club. I'll say what I want, when I want as well. F%*# it if I say something that might trigger someone. They are only words, and if They can't handle that, They should not be out in public.... That is all. Do Carry on...
basically you are a nascent Thelemite which I am too

Only difference is about using will and action for the good of the gods and humanity which makes it Quite a bit more complicated.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I like it and I agree. We end up painted into two little boxes that have little of nothing to do with how we are. The political parties try to use individual hot button issues to control us and I think that is no longer working how the DC insiders would like and clearly they are shaken up a bit at the realization their platforms are not treated as religious doctrine.

The fringe gets all the attention, while the vast majority of us are left shaking our heads.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The Politics of "Leave Me the Hell Alone"

I must say, that has a certain appeal to it...

I'm not sure why it is, that so many consider folks who just want to live their lives with a minimum of govt. interference, that we seem to be considered so dangerous?

All I want to do is live quietly on my little spread (5-10 acres, ideally) in Tennessee. Raise my chickens. Raise my rabbits. Eat the eggs, and baked chicken, and rabbit stew that result. Have a little garden patch. ...and wander around my little bit of land in peace, maybe do a little hunting in the proper seasons. Sit in front of my wood-burning stove or fireplace, and read in peace. Wanting nothing, needing less--or anything I can't get for my self.

It's obvious that that scenario somehow represents danger to some... I've yet to figure out quite why. I pay my taxes--I'd pay most of 'em if given a choice anyway, as I like smooth roads and things of that nature...all I ask in return is to be, as has so eloquently been stated, left the Hell alone.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join