It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA should apologize to President Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
There are a ton of lies about Obama out there. They've all been circulating for a long time in the "fake news" sphere before people started realizing there is a lot of fake news out there. From being born in Kenya to abolishing the 2nd amendment, and all the crazy in between. Most people who believe these stories are just "bothered" by a black man as their President. I know not everyone who believes these stories is racist, but there is a part in the back of their brain that is bothered by him being black.

There is a pretty simple argument for this. If President Obama said any of the 1000s of inflammatory statements made by Donal Trump his political career would be over and there would be mobs of angry people after him.
Could you imagine if Obama:
-made gestures making fun of a handicapped person
-was on record calling women fat pigs, etc(w/e Megyn Kelly said at the debate)
-called Mexican immigrants rapists but then assumed some of them were good people
-accused a political rival's father of being involved with the assassination of JFK
-vowed to prosecute a political rival after the election
-bragged about his penis size at a debate(that would be the straw that broke white people's back) lol
-bragged about kissing strange women and grabbing them by the kittykat because he can

Those are the ones I remembered off the top of my head. Trump is a freaking political terminator, everything he says and does is(or I should say was) above reproach. Now that he is President-Elect I imagine there will be more scrutiny. Here's hoping anyway.

Anyway I trailed off the main subject. I have always wondered what will happen when Obama is finally out of office and he obviously didn't do anything to the 2nd amendment. I mean 8 straight years of republicans telling us Obama will take your guns. He didn't do anything at all about guns in his first term. So republicans say he didn't have the power to take away our guns just yet,he needed to win a 2nd term and THAT is when he'll come for your guns!

Well he's got 2 weeks left to somehow amend the constitution to remove the right to bear arms, and then round up the millions and millions of firearms across the country. So that he can send all those guns to his secret Muslim caliphate so that they can invade America and he can be crowned king. I know a lot of people would say "if he could, he would in a minute". However actions speak louder than right wing speculation. The Brady campaign to prevent gun violence gave Obama a score card of F across the board on his stance against gun violence. President Obama repealed more federal gun policies in his first term than George W Bush did in his entire 8 years.

To quote Jeff Daniels from the TV Show Newsroom:
"The facts would indicate that President Obama is the best friend the NRA has had in elected office, to say nothing of the oval office. Why are Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and the head of the NRA so colossally lying to you? I don't know. But I know when they do, ratings go up, political contributions go up, membership in the NRA goes up, the President's approval rating goes down and gun sales go through the freaking roof."

PS: had way more Trump examples but didn't want to get into Internet arguments, so I only wrote down examples that can't be argued about because they 100% happened.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
They should send him a big thank you note, under is evil dictatorship lol, 100 millions firearms where bought by americans, no right weiner could ever have done such a great job.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
m.youtube.com...

Newsroom video
edit on 30-12-2016 by GokuVsSuperman0 because: Fix

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Difference is if Obama said those things people wouldn't believe him.
Either because it'd be a cheap brand of KoolAid or because he isn't an honest person.

Now Trump, while mildly dishonest where it counts, was a breath of fresh air.
Even to people like myself who didn't support him.

I don't think I was offended by one thing he said or did, I'm not easily offended mind you...
However he made me laugh out loud a lot...

I re-followed him on twitter, I tuned into the debates to see him in action, I listened to his rallies...

Love or loathe him, he is a born entertainer.

As for an apology for Obama from the NRA...
Highly unlikely.

And not at all deserved because while he didn't disarm everyone he still droned children and pregnant women...
So he deserves no apology from anyone and should be giving them in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

So you post a Title and then go off on 20 tangents.

Obama should apologize to the public because he lies a lot.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Obama Tells CNN His Greatest Regret Was Failure to Secure More Gun Control
Obama Tells CNN His Greatest Regret Was Failure To Secure More Gun Control
Obama is 'most frustrated' he couldn't pass gun control

I guess the NRA could apologize for thwarting Obama's efforts... but I'm thinking that ain't gonna happen!
edit on 30-12-2016 by Boadicea because: fixed link

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408
Did you just call trump mildly dishonest?Lmao Now your lying, you can't be watching his debates,rallies and twitter account without seeing him lie habitually. They're not even normal political lies like "I'll get all you jobs back with my plan". They're super blatant lies, that can be fact checked very easily with a google search:
Trump saying he won the popular vote, Trump saying millions of people voted illegally, Trump saying he had best electoral college win in history(he's actually like the 6th worse all time)
that was just a few days after the election.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I also added "where it counts".

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Man, this place is just turning into the dumpster of the internet.

That's one hell of a feat.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Only if they can do it in a demeaning, condescending arrogant rude sarcastic way.

And no, I didn't read a word of the OP, just went straight to comment.
Ok I went back and read the OP...

I can see the next eight years are going to be highly irritable to you..

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

A President's term is 4 years lol

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
You've got to be kidding, right? Obama used every opportunity he had to advance his gun control agenda and attempt to weaken the 2nd amendment, especially during this second term. The only reason he's been unsuccessful is because the GOP Congress stood up to him and pushed back against HIS lies and misrepresentations on the issue. If anything, Obama should be apologizing to the NRA and the American people for attempting to exploit tragedies and terrorist acts like San Bernardino in order to restrict the rights of law abiding citizens.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0
Most people who believe these stories are just "bothered" by a black man as their President. I know not everyone who believes these stories is racist, but there is a part in the back of their brain that is bothered by him being black.

Oh, nonsense. Who made you chief psychologist? The cry of "racism" is just a cheap shot used by people who have no idea what they are talking about. It's not a credible claim; it's an excuse, just like the excuse that Hillary lost because she was a woman. She lost because she made no connection to people and was perceived as untrustworthy, but rather than be introspective and take responsibility, a shout out to misogyny or racism allows you to think it wasn't your fault. Your racism claim is complete nonsense.

Anyway I trailed off the main subject.

No kidding! And it betrays your main agenda. You just want to criticize Trump.

To quote Jeff Daniels from the TV Show Newsroom:
"The facts would indicate that President Obama is the best friend the NRA has had in elected office, to say nothing of the oval office. Why are Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and the head of the NRA so colossally lying to you? I don't know. But I know when they do, ratings go up, political contributions go up, membership in the NRA goes up, the President's approval rating goes down and gun sales go through the freaking roof."

Wow. Jeff Daniels, an MSM reporter who says we all lie about Obama. Who would have thought? Yes, Obama is the best friend the NRA has had, bar none. Obama made numerous comments about gun legislation and regulation and these did cause people to buy more guns because people did not trust Obama not to place severe restrictions on gun ownership. It's not a matter of "replacing the 2nd amendment" and never has been, but when you have the SCOTUS voting 5-4 that owning a gun is an "individual right" versus a "collective right" you know owning firearms is precarious because all you need is ONE MORE JUSTICE to go with "collective right" and the ENTIRE IDEA of individual firearm ownership goes down the tubes. Do you honestly think Obama would not have appointed yet another liberal justice if he could have. OF COURSE he would have. The fear of Obama was quite justified. We should all thank him for uniting the country as well as he has.

PS: had way more Trump examples but didn't want to get into Internet arguments, so I only wrote down examples that can't be argued about because they 100% happened.

So what? Those are off-topic to your point, which you stated yourself, and simply prove you can't stay focused on your issue.
edit on 12/30/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Not a fan of the man, but to deny the 8 years of racism directed at the Obama family is just ignorance.

Pure, unadulterated ignorance.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
First, let me say that I'm an extreme right wing nutbag who owns a lot of guns.

But...I love facts. So without the rhetoric of the OP, this is what I think was trying to be shared.

Obama only signed in 2 new laws concerning guns in 8 years (There were a lot more presented after passing the House and Senate, but were Veto'd).

National Park Gun Bill - ALLOWING lawful gun owners to carry their weapon on government owned National Park.
Amtrak Gun Bill - ALLOWING riders of Amtrak to legally check their weapon in their luggage.

Wow!!! He's the NRA's worst nightma....ummm...Friend?

Now for the political BS with the whole thing. Both laws were pushed by the Republicans. In order for Obama to sign them, the Republicans had to promise other things would pass the House and Senate that the Democrats wanted (not going into that in order not to start another ridiculous right/left argument).

I would also attribute the height in gun sales to preppers. Thanks to them and their scare tactics, people were worried. And the US involvement in foreign relations didn't help.

Can't stand the guy, but the right is wrong on this one. And the NRA is just another club with their own agenda. When will we think for ourselves?

Always follow the money.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

That knife cuts both ways though. There were also 8 years of being automatically accused of being a racist if you so much as disagreed with Obama.

Back on topic.

Screw the NRA. They are no friend to gunowners. The Lairds of Fairfax have no problem bending gun owners over the barrel when it benefits them.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Never said they were all racist. But racism is real. America is a multi-cultural melting pot of immigrants, but white people founded the country and represent the majority population. Odds are quite a few of those white people are unsettled by the changing demographic and the fact that the president is black doesn't help either. That whole "we need to take our country back" or "make America great again" call for nostalgia of the good old days. So tell me when was America great? And why isn't it anymore?

Also I didn't actually say a SINGLE negative thing about President Elect Donald Trump. I just quoted him, called him a political terminator(not an insult) and that he should be scrutinized now that he is President(not unreasonable)

The best part about this! You inferred that I was criticizing trump because I quoted him.
I find that hilarious

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: RiptKeys

Well, that's half the story. The other half is the fact that he's been in front of the TV cameras at least a dozen times just in this term pushing new gun rights restrictions and he has said that the failure to successfully push through those restrictions is one of his biggest regrets. You may be willing to ignore that, but millions of others haven't.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
NRA should apologize to President Obama

How about OBama and his party apologize to us for the:

National Firearms Act.

The Gun Control Act

The 'Assualt Weapons ban.

The Brady Handgun 'prevention' Act/

The FAILED Assualt weapons BAN by FeinStein.

The he can go apologize to Mexico for running guns during fast and furious.

Then he can go apologies to the Syrians for running guns to the 'good' terrorists over there.

And the list goes on.

Ain't no lies said about Obama.

Plenty of LIES by Obama.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Not a fan of the man, but to deny the 8 years of racism directed at the Obama family is just ignorance.

Pure, unadulterated ignorance.

Man that was AWESOME.

AWESOME I say.

Bringing 'YOUR racist to a GUN fight'.

I wish I was that AWESOME

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join