It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 Intelligence agencies. . . . the questions no one has asked

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadeWolf

Why were those agencies involved with Russians hacking an election campaign?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Thats pure savagery in a comment!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The "Official" U.S. Intelligence Community consists of:

(1) Office of the Director of National Intelligence
(2) Central Intelligence Agency
(3) National Security Agency
(4) National Reconnaissance Office
(5) National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
(6) The Defense Intelligence Agency
(7) Bureau of Intelligence and Research of the State Department
(8) Marine Intelligence
(9) Naval Intelligence
(10) Army Intelligence
(11) Air Force Intelligence
(12) Coast Guard Intelligence
(13) Federal Bureau of Investigations
(14) Intelligence components of the Drug Enforcement Agency
(15) Department of Energy
(16) Department of the Treasury
(17) Department of Homeland Security

As you can see there are quite a few differences between the above list and the list you got from Wikipedia. I took the list I posted from "The US Intelligence Community 7th Addition" by Jeffrey T Richelson. It's a respected source, probably along the lines of the way Jane's is looked at in regards to military related information.

As for the missing 17th in your list, Office of the Director of National Intelligence is the one most often left off lists when they fall one short, but again the list at Wikipedia seems to be wildly inaccurate all the way around.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Who handles the GOLF schedule?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

Than you for the list!

Now when they talk of all 17 agencies agreeing that Russians hacked, does that mean all 17 investigated or have been read into it?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Now when they talk of all 17 agencies agreeing that Russians hacked, does that mean all 17 investigated or have been read into it?

I strongly doubt that all 17 agencies were involved in "the investigation" and I'm even more sure that 17 independent investigations were not conducted. (That is one by each of the members of the US Intelligence Communities). Statements that tend towards or even allow for either of those meanings are misleading exaggerations and less than honest.

P.S. You're welcome for the list

edit on 30-12-2016 by imwilliam because: added P.S.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: Ohanka

Therein lies the question. Most countries make do with between 1-4. Even the most perverse totalitarian states don't have 17 separate intelligence organisations.

Even Nazi Germany got along with only 3.

Nazi Germany lost the war.

Did they? Or did they just rebrand and move operations to a place with much greater infrastructure and manufacturing capacity?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

I strongly doubt that all 17 agencies were involved in "the investigation" and I'm even more sure that 17 independent investigations were not conducted. (That is one by each of the members of the US Intelligence Communities). Statements that tend towards or even allow for either of those meanings are misleading exaggerations and less than honest.

P.S. You're welcome for the list

That's what irritates me.

No one, other than a few of us I suppose, are even asking the questions about what is being said about the investigation.

They give these blanket statements and expect us to blindly believe it.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Well we can see what a disaster 9/11 was.

If all these diffrent agency's had been talking then it likely would never have happend. It seems each agency had a bit of the puzzle but they never put it together and 3000 died...

If you think about compartmentalization being the crutch for
plausible deniability-- the inability of these agencies to com-
municate with each other, and give info seamlessly would even
on a good day be the best excuse of all for 9/11.
Maybe nobody was allowed to talk around because it
happened easier... not because 'they' wanted to stop it.
Of course being the eternal pessimist, I still think 43 drills
running at the same time on 9/11-- with at least half of them
"SEEMINGLY" going real on the spot should say everything.
edit on 30-12-2016 by derfreebie because: the unfinished symphony NOT

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I do wonder why the Department of Energy needs an Office of Intelligence and Counterintelligence, and why the Department of the Treasury needs an Office of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence

That's all about the benjamins, and why if anyone deposits more than $10 grand they might be a terrorist, or a mobster bullsnip.

Even though 'terrorists' use other means, and most likely have transitioned to cryptocurrencies, and other means.

Intelligence agencies.

An oxymoron since the days of world war 1.
edit on 31-12-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Simple fact! There is absolutely now way the the US government knows beyond a doubt that the Russian government was behind the phishing or hack. They may "believe", they may "think" or "suspect" but they don't know.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

here is absolutely now way the the US government knows beyond a doubt that the Russian government was behind the phishing or hack.

Wag the Dog.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Wag the Dog

I also hadn't read the book 1984 in years. Happened across a well narrated audio version on youtube and really thought about our last couple of decades while listening to it. Amazing correlation considering the authors generation.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Take a step back and realize too, none of this includes "civilian" law enforcement.

The masters of political thought and philosophy must never have imagined a ratio of "control people" to regular people as we have today. Can anyone take a guess??? 100:1, 50:1 it's absurd.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

All those intelligence agencies, and it seems the country is still controlled by absolute morons

I thought it was controlled by the Russians despite of those agencies?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

edit on 4-1-2017 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I've been Coast Guard active duty and as a contractor since 1971 and this is not under the jurisdiction or the focus of any resources CGI now or ever. Investigation of such cases is turned over to the appropriate DHS resources.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join