It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Special Thanks to the Ctrl-Left

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

How can you not remember what happened at Kent State?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
This December has been a particularly stressful one for me--largely for good reasons, but trying nonetheless. And damn tiring.

But all I've had to do to put a smile on my face was log in to ATS and watch the parade of petulant political cultists throwing their ideological tantrums. I was one of those who had become somewhat frustrated with the political obsession taking over ATS (and was vocal in my criticism of it), but now I see it was all worth it.

This is totally worth it.

I haven't been this entertained by the internet since discovering cybersex on dial-up AOL in high school. THANK YOU, ctrl-left. You have been my go-to guys when I've needed an emotional pick-me-up. This is fantastic. It's great comedy--so much so it makes me suspect the whole thing is completely scripted...

...but the best Hollywood or Washington have to offer are incapable of writing such a sociopolitical masterpiece. I've been so busy I haven't been able to post hardly at all, but I've been here, with tears of laughter and joy.

And with no empathy whatsoever for you domineering little bastards. Now, lest anyone get me wrong--know that I am no fan of Donald Trump for various reasons, and have been consistent with that position throughout this entire process.

I'm just thoroughly enjoying this and wanted you to know.

That is all.

This reminds me of the kid who doesn't want to eat his broccoli, but is forced to, so he boldly proclaims how much he loves it as he shovels it into his mouth.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Did something regarding the draft happen at Kent state? I'm sorry I wasn't born then, nor am I American. Enlighten me.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

"On April 30, 1970, President Richard M. Nixon appeared on national television to announce the invasion of Cambodia by the United States and the need to draft 150,000 more soldiers for an expansion of the Vietnam War effort. This provoked massive protests on campuses throughout the country. At Kent State University in Ohio, protesters launched a demonstration that included setting fire to the ROTC building, prompting the governor of Ohio to dispatch 900 National Guardsmen to the campus"

It was that incident that started the tidal change about Nam and the draft.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Oh the Kent State shootings, none of which had anything to do with the draft. They were protesting the war.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It's a Game Changer!!!! - LoL. Sorry. Had to with this talk of buzzwords.

Now for some real history.

This is how the Vietnam war ended. It was a political mess, and for once Congress stepped in, took the money away, and required the removal of troops. This made all of Kissinger's and Nixon's promises go away.

End of Vietnam

Only 58,000+ Americans died during the Vietnam war. I'm pretty sure 55,000 of those were not your friends.

Vietnam Death Toll

Selective Service is still alive and well. I had to sign up at 18, you had to sign up at 18, and every American male has to sign up at 18. By the grace of God, Congress recently voted to drop (not let it get to the floor) the act that would make women have to sign up as well. Sorry Lefties, you didn't get your way on that one.

Women and the Draft

I, myself, as an outspoken gun toting Christian who believes in the good book; and who has also read it, denounce your thoughts on the end times. Humans feeble minds will never truly know the future. You sit here as a rogue prophet saying what you think is going to happen. Were Trump and Hillary the worst choices for President of the free world in modern history? Yes. Anti-Christs? No.

Deuteronomy 18: 20-22
But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.

And last but not least, is protesting successful. Yes. But you can't be a snowflake for it to truly work. Just like anything in life, you will hit resistance. When that resistance hits, you push back harder. You must commit for the "anythings" that can happen, and never back down, even on pain of death. This is when protesting works.
Here are the top 9 protests (riots) that worked.
Oh. And by the way. Kent State was about Cambodia. It's on the list.

Protests (Riots) that worked

I mean seriously. You can't have one post that makes fun of one political side, without responding with things you know nothing about? Come on people.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

It was about increasing the troop levels to 150k with the draft. Volunteers don't protest wars.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Thank you for the thread. That was invigorating.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Crying don't hurt nobody, in fact, it helps the soul. I feel for the people who will lose jobs, food stamps, health insurance, birth control, increasing property taxes to subsidize tax cuts for the rich, increase in rent, an increase in their taxes to support more war. When republicans implement their body killing policies, there is always a depression or recession that follows. Can't wait to watch all that.

You sound very confused.

- Open trade policies under Clinton and Obama encouraged business to offshore and outsource jobs.

- Even republicans know there is a social responsibility to assist individuals who cannot help themselves. If there is a decrease in food stamp subsidies its most likely because the number of recipients in the last 8 years has more than tripled and maybe people will finally get back to work instead of relying on subsidies.

- Property taxes are controlled at the state level. "The rich" own the the lion's share of property, so increases in property taxes would only tax the rich more, not subsidize tax cuts for them.

- How is the cost of rent dictated by politics?

- Who do you suppose is funding "rebel forces" in Syria to overthrow the government and displace 14 million people? They didnt have a bake sale to fund their agenda.

- Body killing policies? Maybe you should look at Obama's drone policies, legalizing assassination of "suspected" terrorists. No need for Guantanamo if he's just assassinating everyone instead.

You have a lot of reading to do. ;-

edit on 30-12-2016 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I think ATS is going to need a "Safe Space" forum on Jan. 20th, a place where all the trendies can get together with play-doh and hot coco and talk about how great the Obama years were, without that pesky thing called reality getting in the way.

edit on 30-12-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Thanks for this thread I have had a good chuckle here and there from all of this here on ATS as well.

<< 1  2   >>

join