It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Special Thanks to the Ctrl-Left

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

No. He has had opposition of equal powers.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Different subject? It is futile to protest under a dictatorship, all we can do is watch and cry.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

dP
edit on 30-12-2016 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I do not like the republicans plans for the budgets and obamacare.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

So you wouldn't have been drafted anyway.

And you didn't stop a damn thing. Selective Service still exists and the draft could be restarted tomorrow if necessary. The draft was stopped largely because Nixon thought "rich kids" would stop protesting once their own personal chance of being drafted was nil thanks to an all-volunteer military. Not because he saw some kind of nobility in the protests or something.

I've never known life without the Selective Service so don't act as if you did me and others a favor, thanks.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

No. He has had opposition of equal powers.

Then why aren't you protesting? Or are you just getting a headstart on your apathy?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I don't want to. I'm going to watch now. The time is not now, but soon.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

It is futile to protest under a dictatorship, all we can do is watch and cry.

That's all the unarmed can do.

What I really don't get about your ilk is that every time someone in opposition to your ideology assumes power, you cry "dictator!", yet one of your main planks is to strip the people of the instruments with which to depose said dictator.

It's a paradox. You don't see it?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Well, that is your opinion and a political view point.

My brothers were drafted. We have a voluntary military service right now and glad people like you sign up. Mostly, we protested Nam after so many of friends were getting killed. 55,000+.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I don't want to. I'm going to watch now. The time is not now, but soon.

Lol! Well that sums up everything in a nutshell, doesn't it? "I don't want to."

As for that whole "soon" nonsense: people have been saying soon for decades. Clearly you folks are operating with a different definition of 'soon' than the rest of us. And I'm not sure how you folks plan to do anything, because of the reason Nth pointed out.

Please don't bother to respond. You don't actually discuss anything, you just throw out some form of a talking point or buzzword and call it a response. If you care to actually debate and discuss anything, by all means. I've just got no interest in catch-phrases and buzzwords.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

It's neither an opinion nor a political view point. It's Nixon's own words. He wanted to stop the draft to shut the rich kids up about the war, not because he had a problem with the draft or the war.

Nixon's own words and the Gates Commission are not my opinion or a view point, they're facts.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Christians and conservatives put us in a dictatorship based on fake news and lies about an innocent woman. Yet, the man they gave all that power to told millions he could commit muder and get by with it. He actually warned them, but they took the veil. That is why I believe we are in a time of anti christs. Protests are futile.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

You don't actually discuss anything, you just throw out some form of a talking point or buzzword and call it a response. If you care to actually debate and discuss anything, by all means. I've just got no interest in catch-phrases and buzzwords.

That's actually a big part of the show they're putting on for us all. They're unwittingly displaying the intellectual vacuum that pervades the ctrl-left. It's just regurgitated social media bulls# with no basis in reality at all.

Emotionalism has gone viral. We're witnessing the hot flashes of a political ideology hitting menopause.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Christians and conservatives put us in a dictatorship based on fake news and lies about an innocent woman. Yet, the man they gave all that power to told millions he could commit muder and get by with it. He actually warned them, but they took the veil. That is why I believe we are in a time of anti christs. Protests are futile.

Dictatorship? He isn't even the president yet.

As for the "muder" remark, figurative language often baffles the literal mind, but to think he was warning people of an impending dictatorship is ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I didn't say he had a problem with the draft. I said we protested the draft and it was changed. If it was to shut up the kids, the protesting worked.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I didn't say he had a problem with the draft. I said we protested the draft and it was changed. If it was to shut up the kids, the protesting worked.

It was Nixon and the 15 member commission, most of whom were conservatives, that ended the draft.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You are not Christian who has been taught prophecy?

Sorry, my typing and spelling are insufficient, I know.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I just wanted to openly thank you for this thread. I just read it and laughed so hard I was worried someone might hear me and wonder why I was laughing (I'm at work).

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

You don't remember Kent State?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

You don't remember Kent State?

No, but I do remember who ended the draft, and it wasn't people outside walking in the street.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join