It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Special Thanks to the Ctrl-Left

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This December has been a particularly stressful one for me--largely for good reasons, but trying nonetheless. And damn tiring.

But all I've had to do to put a smile on my face was log in to ATS and watch the parade of petulant political cultists throwing their ideological tantrums. I was one of those who had become somewhat frustrated with the political obsession taking over ATS (and was vocal in my criticism of it), but now I see it was all worth it.

This is totally worth it.

I haven't been this entertained by the internet since discovering cybersex on dial-up AOL in high school. THANK YOU, ctrl-left. You have been my go-to guys when I've needed an emotional pick-me-up. This is fantastic. It's great comedy--so much so it makes me suspect the whole thing is completely scripted...

...but the best Hollywood or Washington have to offer are incapable of writing such a sociopolitical masterpiece. I've been so busy I haven't been able to post hardly at all, but I've been here, with tears of laughter and joy.

And with no empathy whatsoever for you domineering little bastards. Now, lest anyone get me wrong--know that I am no fan of Donald Trump for various reasons, and have been consistent with that position throughout this entire process.

I'm just thoroughly enjoying this and wanted you to know.

That is all.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Schadenfreude at its finest.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Oh... no... you... didn't!

edit on 30-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That thing is terrifying. Brazil kind of terrifying.

Thanks for the nightmares.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Alt right, control left, delete.........

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Well thank you for providing me with the source of my night terrors for the next 6 months.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

a reply to: zosimov

It's Daniel Tosh.0

edit on 30-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Crying don't hurt nobody, in fact, it helps the soul. I feel for the people who will lose jobs, food stamps, health insurance, birth control, increasing property taxes to subsidize tax cuts for the rich, increase in rent, an increase in their taxes to support more war. When republicans implement their body killing policies, there is always a depression or recession that follows. Can't wait to watch all that.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Now that's paranoia! The "body killings" couldn't be any worse than ObamaHillaryCo.'s War on Syria, so rest easy and have a nice day.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I feel for the people who will lose jobs, food stamps, health insurance, birth control, increasing property taxes to subsidize tax cuts for the rich, increase in rent, an increase in their taxes to support more war.

No you don't. You want all that to happen so you can feel vindicated.

Like a child. "See! I told you so!"

Can't wait to watch all that.

We know.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

What wars?

Obama and Bush were prolific warmongers. Trump has a largely non-interventionist foreign policy. I don't see any wars starting under Trump.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Crying don't hurt nobody, in fact, it helps the soul. I feel for the people who will lose jobs, food stamps, health insurance, birth control, increasing property taxes to subsidize tax cuts for the rich, increase in rent, an increase in their taxes to support more war. When republicans implement their body killing policies, there is always a depression or recession that follows. Can't wait to watch all that.

And what will you and others of the same mindset say or do when none of those things actually happen?

People forget that Trump is a President, not a King, and he'll be lucky if he gets anyone in Congress to cooperate with him for the first two years of his administration.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

What else am I going to do but watch. I didn't vote for Ryan's body killing policies and protesting is futile under dictatorships.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

What else am I going to do but watch. I didn't vote for Ryan's body killing policies and protesting is futile under dictatorships.

No, protesting is just futile, period. That's why "they" tout it as an effective means of influencing sociopolitical opinion--because it doesn't work.

Anyway, thanks for adding a little pant-pooping to my thread on the ctrl-left pooping their collective pants. It's the perfect contribution.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Um... Hillary actually lost the election, so you don't have to worry about all that now.

To the OP, S&F and I admit to this place putting a big smile on my face the last month or so.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Did you get drafted into the military?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

You think Obama is a dictator?

I ask because he's still in office for another month or so. So if you think protesting is futile under a dictatorship, I'd think you'd welcome regime change.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Did you?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I could have if I had been a boy in 1968. But because we protested, we aren't forced into military service.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Did Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama re-institute the draft?

Oh, I get it. You think protesting ended the draft/Vietnam, etc.

Nope. Ran outta money.
edit on 12/30/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join