It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan Wasnt Thrown Out Of Heaven

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hailthekingoflights pretty much hit it.

Satan still has access to heaven as he goes there to "accuse the brethren" (see Job).

The idea of sinners going to everlasting hellfire does not appear anywhere in the bible.
If you take jesus as your savior you get eternal life.
If you don't you just die.
The only refernce to hell in the bible is in revelations.
It says the devil will be cast into the lake of fire.
Not any of us.

Where do you want to start?
A quick search will show you otherwise....
www.biblegateway.com...

The lake of fire:
Rev. 20:15

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by ThatsJustWeird]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
The idea of sinners going to everlasting hellfire does not appear anywhere in the bible.

Mark 6:43 (this is Jesus talking here) "If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out. And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life criplled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell. And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, where 'their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.' Everyone will be salted with fire."

The message I take from this: Hell sucks, don't even start to go there.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hailthekingoflights
Satan is not in hell with a red suit on.

I don't know where he is at the moment but I can verify no red suit. I'm sure he could take whatever form meets his wants at the time though.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I heard that hell is like a huge non-stop Cancun party where there is plenty of sex orgys and waterfalls of your favorite beer. Aside from getting a "good tan" in hell, I think that it doesn't sound to shabby!

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost1
I heard that hell is like a huge non-stop Cancun party where there is plenty of sex orgys and waterfalls of your favorite beer. Aside from getting a "good tan" in hell, I think that it doesn't sound to shabby!

Now ah, where'd you here that again? I'm not allowed to make claims without sourcing, so why would you get to do differently?

[edit on 28-1-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BLiND_
[Satan Wasn't Thrown Out Of Heaven.]

...He Just Changed Departments

[Edit: Title / Sub-title]

[edit on 28-1-2005 by _BLiND_]

rather the Job Description & Duties were changed!
this of course is a circular question/statement, totally contained in
Theology & the beliefs gotten thru old testament books and modern Christianity.

but, perhaps the idea,
that no place was found for him in heaven, anymore....
was meant to explain that the Prince of Earth~Lucifer~Satan...had
effected his status & position in the Heavenly Kingdoms Hierarchy.
The 'covering cherub', was drummed out of the ranks of the Angelic Army.
but allowed to roam around Gods headquarters in heaven, maybe like a
busted soldier with a dishonorable discharge like an old series on TV - titled 'Branded'.

that is...if youall are compelled to give spiritual concepts human character, traits...

caio,

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Satan was kicked out of heaven, as indicated by a number of biblical passages, and some apocryphal writings, as well as the pseudigraphia (I have no idea how to spell that) of the Old Testament. He wanted to place his throne above God's, which just wasn't happening

And Satan does not "run" hell...bad people do not die and go to hell to be with the Devil, who mercilessly whips them. While they may go to hell, or they may just be dead and go to hell later, Satan is not there. He is in the world, going to and fro and meddling in the affairs of men. I think you'll find he says something like this himself in the Book of Job, chapter one.

But Satan will end up in hell at the end--cast into the "lake of fire" for eternity, which you'll find near the end of Revelation.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I see the true punishment of hell as separation from God for eternity. This is painful since we were made to be truly happy with Him in heaven. Without His love, we are like a person who has lost a spouse to death.

Free will allows us to choose where we go. God doesn't send us to hell, our choices do. God asks us to follow His Will, but we can choose to ignore the call. Lucifer's interest in all this is to hurt God indirectly by corrupting us and taking us to hell with him. He will never have the power to harm God directly, since he is still finite, and God is infinite.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
actually it says all who werent written in the book of life thrown into the lake of fire. death itself is also thrown in the lake of fire.. in the sense that you get utterly reduced to ashes.

Luk 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning (probably fire) fall from heaven.

Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
------------as far as the lake of fire and who gets casted in it. revelations 20.
(false prophet, death, dragon, beast, hell)

Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

lake of fire is NOT the bottomless pit of rev 20:3 and trumpet number 5.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
for in the last days the false prophets and the corrupters shall be multiplied, and the sheep shall be turned into wolves, and love shall change to hate; for as lawlessness increaseth they shall hate one another and persecute and betray, and then shall appear the deceiver of the world as a Son of God, and shall do signs and wonders and the earth shall be given over into his hands and he shall commit iniquities which have never been since the world began.

pao

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
so...........

if god is all knowing and the creator of everything... he musta known ole satan was gonna get rowdy before he was created..... so he created evil??

why would our tender loving god create evil for us helpess people

i dunno

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
"You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was your covering, carnelian, topaz, and jasper, chrysolite, beryl, and onyx, sapphire, carbuncle, and emerald; and wrought in gold were your settings and your engravings. On the day that you were created they were prepared. With an anointed guardian cherub I placed you; you were on the holy mountain of God; in the midst of the stones of fire you walked. You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created, till iniquity was found in you. In the abundance of your trade you were filled with violence, and you sinned; so I cast you as a profane thing from the mountain of God, and the guardian cherub drove you out from the midst of the stones of fire. Your heart was proud because of your beauty; you corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor. I cast you to the ground" (Ezekiel 28:13-17 RSV)

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
God did not create evil. He created free will. He gave his creations the ability to turn aside from the path he had chosen for them, though it would only mean suffering in the end. Lucifer, or Satan, exercised his free will and chose to be separated from God for eternity.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Obviously God knew that Eve was going to eat the apple. He gave us free will. I think that he wanted to test each and every one of us to see who was worthy to enter his kingdom.

The question on the Devil is one that I asked myself a while ago. THis is what I came up with .....He wanted to be the bossman, so into timeout he went.
God let him be bossman of hell letting him get a good feel for what happens to people who are nonbelievers and sinners .
SO he is incharge of finding out who is worthy to be in heaven with God and tortures those who are not....he wants to go home so to speak, so he is brown nosing it bigtime.
Unfortunatly for him, God who knows all knows that in the end the devil will get unpatient and go off the deep end (into the firey lake called hell)
Until then God will make the best out of the situation to weed us out, and find out who is worthy.

Or they are buddies playing good cop bad cop. Who knows

I may be wrong I may not, guess it is all perspective. Either way I am sure we will find out someday.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

So "Satan" was dis-obeying God, and hurled from Heaven.

Dude you need to do a little research on what you are talking about. Satan was kicked out of heaven by God, and no he doesn't punish anyone. He has been given permission by God to tempt and sway. That is true Love is measured,,,, by a choice. Satan does not rule hell, Jesus does. If you'll read a Bible instead of trashing it with no idea what you are talking about then you'd know that an angel og God holds the key to the bottomless pit and that Satan and hades, and all whose names are not written in the book of life will be thrown into it.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
lol deesw I dont even read your posts anymore.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
lucifer hates human kind. Before we were created he was the most beautiful of gods creations. Lucifer hates us. Thats why he has the reputation for torturing souls.

Try reading Job to get a good idea of why and how lucifer works. He doesn't want us to know he is there. He wants to prove to God that we aren't any good. lucifer wants us to turn away from God so that God will destroy us and return lucifer to his former glory, or so lucifer can reign above God.

lucifer is however still doing Gods work. The more he pushes us to be against God, the more it seperates the good seed from the bad seed. The good seed is strengthened by mistakes. This is the remakable thing about Gods plan. Even while lucifer is trying to work against God, he is actually just weeding the garden.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

lol deesw I dont even read your posts anymore.

Is that supposed to hurt or bother me. Obviously you do read them if you are still responding. You can't just go around quoting things you haven't read. Things that someone else heard and told you don't count. You are all over this sight taking up for everything evil and wrong and have no legitimate arguement for any of it. If you are pissed at God then I'd suggest you deal with it. I promise that if you try and wrestle with God then you will lose. I love you and everyone else on here. Just because we argue and disagree doesn't mean you are less of a person than me.
" You can love someone deeply and sincerely that you do not like,, you can like someone passionately that you do not love ". Dude, if I say anything about going to hell or anything else that upsets anyone on here, I don't mean to be harsh or demeaning, but it's the truth according to the Bible, and I could not call myself a Christian if I didn't let you know what the Bible says.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by popeye0314
lucifer hates human kind. Before we were created he was the most beautiful of gods creations. Lucifer hates us. Thats why he has the reputation for torturing souls.

Try reading Job to get a good idea of why and how lucifer works. He doesn't want us to know he is there. He wants to prove to God that we aren't any good. lucifer wants us to turn away from God so that God will destroy us and return lucifer to his former glory, or so lucifer can reign above God.

lucifer is however still doing Gods work. The more he pushes us to be against God, the more it seperates the good seed from the bad seed. The good seed is strengthened by mistakes. This is the remakable thing about Gods plan. Even while lucifer is trying to work against God, he is actually just weeding the garden.
Good post popeye, I agree with everything that you are saying.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by deeswit's the truth according to the Bible,

therein lays your problem

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join