It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the MSM be punished for their "election tampering"?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You can try to spin this however you want, but the week of the Trump Tape vs. Wikileaks we had a solid scientific study window that revealed all

That's because it was new news! People were sick of the Hillary email stuff being constantly shoved down our throats and ready to move onto something new. Trump deserved every bit of scrutiny that he got too!

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You can try to spin this however you want, but the week of the Trump Tape vs. Wikileaks we had a solid scientific study window that revealed all

That's because it was new news! People were sick of the Hillary email stuff being constantly shoved down our throats and ready to move onto something new. Trump deserved every bit of scrutiny that he got too!

Lol, he just blew your whole fake reality (of the media helping Trump) out of the water and all you can say is , Trump deserved it.

I guess I should genuinely congratulate you for at least not doubling down on your prior ludicrous claim.

edit on 31/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
a reply to: network dude

This is always my point when people talk about Russia "tampering"
The MSM did way more than Russia ever could have.
They tried and succeeded, in many cases, to manipulate the public in a shameful attempt to get who the owners of those companies wanted in office.
Not to mention George Soros. He should face more consequences than anyone, really.

Yes, but there is actual evidence that George Soros interfered and tampered with the election. That wont do. You must lack evidence to make such a claim!

So says the Ministry of Truth.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

No he didn't. You guys unrealistically expected the media to favor and pamper Trump all the way through. In the beginning they gave him non-stop coverage, taking his live, on air phone calls and reporting everything ridiculous thing he said and did, because Trump was good entertainment.

Toward the end of the campaign, the media started taking Trump seriously, still reporting every ridiculous thing he said and did, but also asking him tough questions, not letting him off the hook as easily as before and calling him out on his lies! The media FINALLY started doing their job, and poor Trumplethinskin and his minions played the victim! Whining about the mean, mean media!

edit on 31-12-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

No he didn't. You guys unrealistically expected the media to favor and pamper Trump all the way through. In the beginning they gave him non-stop coverage, taking his live, on air phone calls and reporting everything ridiculous thing he said and did, because Trump was good entertainment.

Toward the end of the campaign, the media started taking Trump seriously, still reporting every ridiculous thing he said and did, but also asking him tough questions, not letting him off the hook as easily as before and calling him out on his lies! The media FINALLY started doing their job, and poor Trumplethinskin and his minions played the victim! Whining about the mean, mean media!

Oh, I see you are on to a new fake reality now your last one was shattered. Ok.
edit on 31/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Yes, but there is actual evidence that George Soros interfered and tampered with the election.

I don't know what the rules are where you're from, but Americans are permitted to make donations to political parties and things called "Political Action Committees," or PACs, which are legal propaganda mills. This is a constitutionally guaranteed right, according to the Supreme Court. It is neither interfering nor tampering, it is "civic participation."

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

What was fake? The Hollywood interview in which Trump exposed his pussy grabbing legacy? The women that came forward with stories to verify Trumps misogynist boasts? The misappropriation of his charity's funds? Was that a lie? Nope.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Obviously, the intent is not to punish the MSM. The intent of this thread is to point out the Hippocracy of Obama for wanting to punish Russia for trying to sway the election by releasing factual information about the DNC, while ignoring that the MSM was using propaganda to influence the populace on Hillary's guaranteed right to be Queen.

He is trying to manufacture fake outrage over being hacked, but when the facts emerged showing Podesta was caught using a grade school tactic, all that was brushed under the giant "the Russians did it" rug. If you watch and trust the MSM now, you deserve to be led.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

What was fake? The Hollywood interview in which Trump exposed his pussy grabbing legacy? The women that came forward with stories to verify Trumps misogynist boasts? The misappropriation of his charity's funds? Was that a lie? Nope.

there was the "Trump wants to deport all Mexicans and not allow ANY Muslims into the US".

But I suppose you forgot all about that, or better yet, believe thats what he said.
edit on 31-12-2016 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I think the MSM should have been a lot harder on trump.....they were extremely tolerant of his BS lies....now Russia has him in their back pocket....if he says or does anything that hurts Putin, they will expose all his business interests that he and Putin share in Russia. I figure they long ago hacked into his businesses and they can bring him down at any time.....good luck with your "Manchurian candidate"

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Not fake news. Trumps own words.

You're just spinning spin.

edit on 31-12-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

show them to me. You wont' be able to, because he never said that. But please, don't let things like FACTS and TRUTH stop you. I rarely does for libs.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
I think the MSM should have been a lot harder on trump.....they were extremely tolerant of his BS lies....now Russia has him in their back pocket....if he says or does anything that hurts Putin, they will expose all his business interests that he and Putin share in Russia. I figure they long ago hacked into his businesses and they can bring him down at any time.....good luck with your "Manchurian candidate"

I'm just glad we aren't saying "Good luck with your war monger idiot Clinton who now owes everyone who donated to her a free war!". That would suck. I'd say we got the lesser of two idiots.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The news is designed to tamper with peoples minds. Way back when they first applied it to broadcasts it was for radio. Joseph Goebbels envisioned an entertainment industry wrapped around the daily propaganda everyone was to receive.

It included sports, drama, comedy, weather, traffic and of course advertising to pay for it all.

Mainly designed however to get the most people possible across the broadest spectrum 'tuned in' the most of the time just to receive the daily Nazi propaganda.

Everyone on the same page yet? You know this because they repeat the same crap over and over for weeks, months, years on end.

It's now covered in High school Media Studies 101

How to spin a news report using words like "controversial" and "groundbreaking".
Million Moms march against guns = groundbreaking.
Million veterans march against gun control = controversial.

How to spin a news report using camera angles and zoom focus.
Zoom into a small crowd so that it fills an entire screen. Use a wide angle lens showing empty space to make a crowd seem small. Use a high camera position looking down to make someone seem small (school children). Use a low camera position looking up to make some seem large (police officer). Always focus on the most violent or noisy people of a protest march they don't approve of.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

show them to me. You wont' be able to, because he never said that. But please, don't let things like FACTS and TRUTH stop you. I rarely does for libs.

You're making up fake news. Trump never said that he was going to deport ALL Mexicans. He promised to deport all illegal Mexicans, though, even the "Dreamers". He also said that Mexicans in America, in general, are not equal to you and me, and that many of them are vile criminals.

He did say that he would ban all Muslims from entry "until we figure out what's going on". Later, his campaign qualified his promise, saying that Trump would only ban Muslims from terror spots US entry. He promised to deport legal Muslim refugees.

Now, do you still require proof that this isn't "fake news"?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I have to agree that the MSM was involved in election tampering. The difference between what the MSM did and what the Russians are accused of doing is that the Russians provided the truth and the MSM provided half-truths, mis-truths and un-truths.

I don't think it's possible to punish the MSM via criminal channels; but we the people can and should punish them via our remote and/or keyboard! Better that we starve the beast...

Nor do I think we should punish them criminally, due to the repercussions it would have on our 1st amendment rights. It would be too easy for those in power to abuse the free flow of information based on what they want us to know -- or not know.

since trump won...they were tampering to get him elected, and I agree...they did a great job

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Boadicea

I have to agree that the MSM was involved in election tampering. The difference between what the MSM did and what the Russians are accused of doing is that the Russians provided the truth and the MSM provided half-truths, mis-truths and un-truths.

I don't think it's possible to punish the MSM via criminal channels; but we the people can and should punish them via our remote and/or keyboard! Better that we starve the beast...

Nor do I think we should punish them criminally, due to the repercussions it would have on our 1st amendment rights. It would be too easy for those in power to abuse the free flow of information based on what they want us to know -- or not know.

since trump won...they were tampering to get him elected, and I agree...they did a great job

but you all keep skipping right over the part that they "tampered", by releasing real e-mails between real people in the DNC. They didn't make up lies, or construct some crazy story, they showed us all how corrupt the DNC really is. Or is that not the case?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Now, do you still require proof that this isn't "fake news"?

not since you agree with me and realize Trump never said those things. That was All I was saying. MSM took those out of context to spin a false narrative.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Spin and fake news are 2 different things.

I never heard anyone accuse Trump of promising to deport legal Mexican Americans. I think you're making it up, that the media reported it. That's not spin, that's you making up fake news.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
There is one simple reason the MSM cannot be punished (by law, that is).

First Amendment.

Ooops. Next thread?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join