It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the MSM be punished for their "election tampering"?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: UKTruth

A further question should be, is it ok for a countries media to favour one candidate over another. I would also say no.

So it was not okay that the Russian media praised Trump and demonized Clinton?

I would say no. They should have stayed out of it, but in the real world that is not going to happen and it's nothing unusual.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

BS! We heard nothing but (crooked) Hillary stuff for the past 4 years! Benghazi Hearing after hearing! Email hearing after Email hearing! Hillary Clinton couldn't do anything without being questioned about her emails, Benghazi, the Clinton Foundation, and so much more!

And mostly, the media didn't call out Donald for his admitted role in paying to play, buying politicians, out right lies and his political flip flops from private citizen con man Democrat Donald to the new Republican Presidential candidate con man Donald.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhyDidIJoin
a reply to: Boadicea

But thank God Obama told Russia what's up!

LOL! Right??? That'll fix everything!

Oh! Wait... I guess not

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

It's not just the election tampering by the MSM that triggered me to join ATS it's the blatant and obvious silencing of those trying to unearth the alleged Pedosta scandal that's still unfolding, if they go to these lengths to silence people who can defend themselves, I don't even want to think of what they do to those that cant. They're still trying to cover it up as fast as they can.
California makes Child prostitution illegal in wake of Trump Presidency

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
a reply to: network dude

Two questions:

1. Do you think it is ever ok for a foreign power to interfere with the elections of a sovereign country like the United States? Even if the election provided the results you wanted?

I think elections are more like the WWE than the democratic process our forefathers wished for, but I am a realist and enjoy pointing out hippocricy, but try hard not to "be that guy". We topple small countries if we don't like their government, so rather than point out the splinter in Russia's eye, I am concerned with why we have a log in ours, but pretend to be "outraged" when Karma visits.

2. Is there ANY proof that you would accept from ANY source, if it proved the above was true?

That is a genuine query and I am truly interested in your answers.

I fully believe Russia hacks us daily, and they Hack China, and maybe North Korea's one Commodore 64, just as we hack them. (hack=spy)

www.bbc.com...

Not saying we should remain in the dark, but we can't express "outrage" over the same thing we do.(IMHO)

Good to see you around.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: windword

....... but those released e-mails are either 100% factual and real, as the people who know about that stuff verified, and then you have the fact that nobody came out and denied any of it, or you need to provide proof to the alternative.

I never claimed the hacked DNC emails weren't real. I claimed that they were illegally obtained, stolen. They weren't stolen by the media. The media were Trump's friends, all the way up till the last days of the campaign when they started asking Trump real questions, heard questions and started calling him on his lies. Then, he played the victim and attacked the press.

The media were Trumps friends? Wow. Some people can actually rewrite history and seem like they really believe their new narrative.

You have no idea what you're talking about. I know you don't live here in the USA, so I know that you didn't watch the TV shows and news commentary shows that took Trump's spontaneous, live on air phone calls, and constantly talked about everything Trump did and said for 18 months, non-stop, free of charge.

$2 Billion Worth of Free Media for Donald Trump

Donald Trump’s Free Media Coverage Prompts Rivals to Adjust

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

So it was not okay that the Russian media praised Trump and demonized Clinton?

FIRST: What media? You mean Russia Times? Are you insinuating that RT had some major impact on the election, or that they shouldn't be able to report as they wish???

SECOND: Of course Russia is going to be anti-Hillary. She blew up their ally! And you already know this yet you're going to approach every new thread as if this fact isn't reality. Afterall, the MSM doesn't lay that out there for us, so why not be a total stooge for the WAR MONGERS all across the site here, right?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

THIRD: Since when are SJW's all about Neo-Colonialism and Multi-National Corporatism????
edit on 30-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Did the mainstream media commit a crime by hacking a private citizen's server? No? Then the First Amendment allows them to say what they want, and sway how they will. Is Russian Intelligence an American citizen, entitled to Constitutional protections?

Interesting points. Do you realize that the MSM are owned by muitnational corporations? I think RT might fall under such a status. The difference is they happened to be doing their own news coverage of it, while the MSM have been directly involved with the mass manipualtion of our nations people and government, which includes driving US to war, protecting traitorous treasonous mass murderous criminal politicians and banksters, and socially engineering our society into being divided distracted sheeple, ten there's the electioneering, then there's driving the mass shooter copycat contagion effect, and so on.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Are you capable of answering a yes or no question with a yes or no answer? (Apparently not.)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

....... but those released e-mails are either 100% factual and real, as the people who know about that stuff verified, and then you have the fact that nobody came out and denied any of it, or you need to provide proof to the alternative.

I never claimed the hacked DNC emails weren't real. I claimed that they were illegally obtained, stolen. They weren't stolen by the media. The media were Trump's friends, all the way up till the last days of the campaign when they started asking Trump real questions, heard questions and started calling him on his lies. Then, he played the victim and attacked the press.

The media were Trumps friends? Wow. Some people can actually rewrite history and seem like they really believe their new narrative.

You have no idea what you're talking about. I know you don't live here in the USA, so I know that you didn't watch the TV shows and news commentary shows that took Trump's spontaneous, live on air phone calls, and constantly talked about everything Trump did and said for 18 months, non-stop, free of charge.

$2 Billion Worth of Free Media for Donald Trump

Donald Trump’s Free Media Coverage Prompts Rivals to Adjust

I watched ALL the shows, some more than once.
The coverage was completely in the tank for Hillary and the $2bn airtime is a stale talking point. The vast majority of Trump's coverage were negative hit pieces, especially after the Conventions.
To deny it is to live in a fantasy world. Perhaps it's just something else for some to rationalise why Hillary lost.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

a reply to: bender151

BS! We heard nothing but (crooked) Hillary stuff for the past 4 years! Benghazi Hearing after hearing! Email hearing after Email hearing! Hillary Clinton couldn't do anything without being questioned about her emails, Benghazi, the Clinton Foundation, and so much more!

And mostly, the media didn't call out Donald for his admitted role in paying to play, buying politicians, out right lies and his political flip flops from private citizen con man Democrat Donald to the new Republican Presidential candidate con man Donald.

Dream on. I saw every possible smear in the book, cinluding some new ones they made up, as a perpetual news cycle. This included non-stop labelling him Hitler. It also included a constant barrage of fake trumped up rape charges.

You can try to spin this however you want, but the week of the Trump Tape vs. Wikileaks we had a solid scientific study window that revealed all:
Exclusive MSM Analysis Reveals: They Have Gone FULL TABLOID (Trump Tapes vs. WikiLeaks Reveals All)

But good luck trying to spin that.
(October)
(June)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

RT should be allowed to report however they want, right? OH, that's right, you're Mr. Thought Control so the FedGov better go down there and censor them until they wake up and start peddling the Pentagon's Neo-Colonialist American Imperialism propaganda. My bad. Sorry about that yo!

Kill any puppies today?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: WhyDidIJoin

Interesting link within link about the 'unstable' Mosul dam...

In fact, during the Gulf War, American jets bombed its generator, but the dam remained intact.

blaming the terrorists if it happens or lack of maintenance. Impacting bunker buster bombs wold rattle the place too.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Wasn't it wikileaks that released all the emails preelection? I could of sworn it was. The narrative now is blaming Russia, but I remember Assange stating it wasn't Russia that hacked the DNC, but a disgruntled DNC insider that released all the data.

hmmm. the main stream tsunami rolled over that without even blinking.

Quick, bury that...
edit on 30-12-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Wasn't it wikileaks that released all the emails reelection? I could of sworn it was. The narrative now is blaming Russia, but I remember Assange stating it wasn't Russia that hacked the DNC, but a disgruntled DNC insider that released all the data.

hmmm. the main stream tsunami rolled over that without even blinking.

Quick, bury that...

The narrative is that Russia gave the documents to wikileaks - but so far not a shred of evidence has been provided to support that narrative. Evidence is not high on the agenda for media like CNN though.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhyDidIJoin

It's not just the election tampering by the MSM that triggered me to join ATS it's the blatant and obvious silencing of those trying to unearth the alleged Pedosta scandal that's still unfolding, if they go to these lengths to silence people who can defend themselves, I don't even want to think of what they do to those that cant. They're still trying to cover it up as fast as they can.
California makes Child prostitution illegal in wake of Trump Presidency

It's quite chilling. To me, one of the most insidious and sinister ways they silence people is by making the truth illegal -- from nondisclosure and non-disparagement clauses to gag orders and secret courts. I understand keeping proprietary secrets secret, but non-disclosure-non-disparagement clauses should not cover any criminal or harmful behavior. That's insane. And there should be no such thing as gag orders and especially not secret courts!

I would love to see a national whistleblowers day... to see so many would-be whistleblowers spill their guts and take down this house of cards once and for all.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I'm not a smart man, but I know what bull# is.

Half right.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The narrative is that Russia gave the documents to wikileaks - but so far not a shred of evidence has been provided to support that narrative. Evidence is not high on the agenda for media like CNN though.

Or Hillary, or the DNC. I'm adding: never have they called Assange a liar outright or that any of the emails were faked (legitimate material). DNC insiders surely were peeved about Bernie getting 'shafted', they would have had access to the data, its a lot easier for me to believe they grabbed it before leaving than somehow "russia did it".

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

You make a great point. This thread should be a sticky in the 2016 election forums.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeekera reply to: network dude

You make a great point. This thread should be a sticky in the 2016 election forums.

I'd say this thread is already sticky enough.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join