It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the MSM be punished for their "election tampering"?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Dearest Low Christosterone (aka "Low C"),

I wanted to start by saying something kind and so I'll begin with what I hope is considered a compliment among your people:

Your supraorbital ridge is quite prominent.

In order to improve upon our past efforts at reasoned discourse, I will now attempt to communicate with you in your native tongue. Please forgive any errors in my translation to Froathy-mouthed Wingnut!

Blah... blah blah... blah... blah blah... blah blah blah blah... blah! [blah]... blah... blah... blah blah blah... blah.............................................
Blah blah... blah blah... blah... blah blah... blah blah... blah blah blah blah... blah... blah blah... blah... blah blah... blah... blah... blah... blah blah blah... blah! BLAH! [blah]... Blah blah blah... blah.................................................................................................................................................. ...................................................................................................................................................... ......................................................................................................................... blah blah...

You might consider contacting your state's AG concerning whatever institution provided your purported education. It was clearly a scam and it's terrible to see a feckless unfortunate being taken for his wife's hard earned money. Also, regarding your perpetually abraded knuckles, you might consider gloves as there are (to the best of my knowledge) currently no hand-shoes for knuckle-draggers.

And finally, a word of encouragement. No matter how stupid and utterly ignorant you may be, you are still technically a human being. If you try hard — really really really hard — you might one day type something worth reading. Keep your chin up! (it'll help channel the drool into your drool cup)

edit on 2016-12-30 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The DNC is not "our servers", because they are private organizations.

They were servers operated within our borders containing information related to the operation of our government. Whether the servers physically belonged to the American people is ancillary to my point.

Fake news may have been largely for profit, but the hacks originated in Russia, and those hacks fueled a ton of fake news. Some of it was so carefully orchestrated I have a hard time believing there was no propaganda element to it.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Dearest Low Christosterone (aka "Low C"),

I wanted to stary by saying something kind and so I'll begin with what I hope is considered a compliment among your people:

Your supraorbital ridge is quite prominent.

In order to improve upon our past efforts at reasoned discourse, I will now attempt to communicate with you in your native tongue. Please forgive any errors in my translation to Froathy-mouthed Wingnut!

Blah... blah blah... blah... blah blah... blah blah blah blah... blah! [blah]... blah... blah... blah blah blah... blah...
Blah blah... blah blah... blah... blah blah... blah blah... blah blah blah blah... blah... blah blah... blah... blah blah... blah... blah... blah... blah blah blah... blah! BLAH! [blah]... Blah blah blah... blah.................................................................................................................................................. ...................................................................................................................................................... ......................................................................................................................... blah blah...

You might consider contacting your state's AG concerning whatever institution provided your purported education. It was clearly a scam and it's terrible to see a feckless unfortunate being taken for his wife's hard earned money. Also, regarding your perpetually abraded knuckles, you might consider gloves as there are (to the best of my knowledge) currently no hand-shoes for knuckle-draggers.

And finally, a word of encouragement. No matter how stupid and utterly ignorant you may be, you are still technically a human being. If you try hard — really really really hard — you might one day type something worth reading. Keep your chin up! (it'll help the channel the drool into your drool cup)

LOL.

Good thing we're in the mud pit.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

They were servers operated within our borders containing information related to the operation of our government. Whether the servers physically belonged to the American people is ancillary to my point.

What information was related to the operation of the government? As far as I could tell, the information related to the operation of the DNC, not the government.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
No one made people believe any of the information from any source. It's all on the believer.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The real irony here is that I trust the Russian media to tell me the truth more often than I trust my own countries MSM. Where is it written that I must believe what I am told by corporate media hacks, paid to read the news in an infotainment format? I know there are real problems in the world and that Obama and his administration have created a great many of these problems. When I go looking for the alternate perspective it’s because I don’t believe the “official” story line. It is easy to attack the thinking awake people through name-calling and accusation. Honestly, I have no problem wearing the anti-globalist, alt-right, conspiracy theorist mantle and TPTB know where to find me…..and you too for that matter. I don't know the attribution of the following but it seemed pertinent.....

"A conspiracy theorist is someone who questions the statements of known liars. You don't need a conspiracy when most everyone is educated to believe the same thing and consider themselves knowledgeable."

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

What information was related to the operation of the government? As far as I could tell, the information related to the operation of the DNC, not the government.

So there was no classified information on any of those servers, then?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Classified information on the DNC servers? I believe it was Hillary's private servers that had the classified info. I could be completely wrong, of course.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Classified information on the DNC servers? I believe it was Hillary's private servers that had the classified info. I could be completely wrong, of course.

There were exchanges between Hillary and John Podesta on matters of national security.

And I could be wrong too, but weren't those DNC servers on the .gov domain? Either way, as a matter of course, those servers contained scheduling and agenda information for people in high positions within the federal government. A foreign entity hacking those servers (either DNC or RNC) isn't good for us.

And I think this quote from the Washington Post sums up why the DNC servers are a matter of national security, even if they DIDN'T contain classified information: www.washingtonpost.com... 4-316e-11e6-8ff7-7b6c1998b7a0_story.html?utm_term=.1db78f8bd1fe

The intrusions are an example of Russia’s interest in the U.S. political system and its desire to understand the policies, strengths and weaknesses of a potential future president — much as American spies gather similar information on foreign candidates and leaders.

The depth of the penetration reflects the skill and determination of the United States’ top cyber-adversary as Russia goes after strategic targets, from the White House and State Department to political campaign organizations.

edit on 30-12-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Why would they be discussing classified information on DNC servers? There must be some protocol when it comes to matters of national security. A gmail account with "p@ssword" as a password seems the worst way to discuss matters of national security.
edit on 30-12-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Seeing most of the MSM were in it for Hillary, they sure were trying to rig the election for her, would be nice to see their financial accounts frozen over the weekend. and a few I wouldn't mind seeing booted out of the country.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That is not punishment.

Just wait and see all the money they will make of their books and stories they will write about Trump

edit on 30-12-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Per WL

Hillary Clinton Email Archive

On March 16, 2016 WikiLeaks launched a searchable archive for over 30 thousand emails & email attachments sent to and from Hillary Clinton's private email server while she was Secretary of State. The 50,547 pages of documents span from 30 June 2010 to 12 August 2014. 7,570 of the documents were sent by Hillary Clinton.

The emails were made available in the form of thousands of PDFs by the US State Department as a result of a Freedom of Information Act request.

The Podesta email source was his gmail account.

The Democratic National Committee - democrats.org

On July 22, 2016 Wikileaks released approximately 20,000 DNC emails. Critics claimed that the Committee favored the contender and 2016 nominee Hillary Clinton and acted in support of her nomination. The leaked emails spanned sixteen months, terminating in May 2016. The hack was claimed by the hacker Guccifer 2.0, but several cybersecurity firms believe this assertion is false.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: network dude

Knowing that is 100% factual,

We know nothing of the kind. The media didn't steal DNC emails and post them on WikiLeaks.

In fact, the media gave Donald Trump millions in "free advertising", taking his on air phone calls, reporting on anything and everything he did and said, non-stop, for 18 months. He was entertaining, and no one took him seriously, until the very end, when the "liberal media" started calling him out on lies and asking tough questions, which is what they should have been doing from the start.

Donald Trump owes his win to the "liberal media".

He does, but not in the way you are alluding to. The fact that they were so bloody transparent about there preferred candidate and bias pissed a lot of people off, and made them ask, why? People, to a limited yet effective degree, have started seeing through some of the bull#.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Antediluvian is at the pinnacle of a minority of coherent contributors here. Being of a majority does not magically make puerile thinking a good thing. He's right in pretty much every sentence he has written here, including on the subject of gun control. Antediluvian can write well. You cannot. I'll take that as a more significant marker of intellect than blustering claims about the letters that supposedly follow your name.
edit on 30-12-2016 by JohnnyElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I have to agree that the MSM was involved in election tampering. The difference between what the MSM did and what the Russians are accused of doing is that the Russians provided the truth and the MSM provided half-truths, mis-truths and un-truths.

I don't think it's possible to punish the MSM via criminal channels; but we the people can and should punish them via our remote and/or keyboard! Better that we starve the beast...

Nor do I think we should punish them criminally, due to the repercussions it would have on our 1st amendment rights. It would be too easy for those in power to abuse the free flow of information based on what they want us to know -- or not know.

One could even add De-Truths...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WhyDidIJoin

One could even add De-Truths...

Ooooh!!! Indeed we could! I really like that one... hope you don't mind if I steal it!

Welcome to ATS!!! I'm already looking forward to more of your pearls of wisdom

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Why would they be discussing classified information on DNC servers? There must be some protocol when it comes to matters of national security. A gmail account with "p@ssword" as a password seems the worst way to discuss matters of national security.

Why, unless easy access to top secret information by those who pay to play was the plan? I mean, who could be expected to be that stupid to accidentally use a password that issuper easy to hack? These people are more trained in diabolical than stupid IMHO, on purpose.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadiceathey can be punished by the fcc . they won't be but it is possible. they spent almost a year or 2 acting as 1 giant infomercial for hillary clinton.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

If news media organizations were run by multinational corps, would that qualify as foreign tampering?

edit on 30-12-2016 by Geki09 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join