It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the MSM be punished for their "election tampering"?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

No, they attracted actual racist hate mongers like the KKK. Please wake up and open your eyes.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

No, they attracted actual racist hate mongers like the KKK. Please wake up and open your eyes.

What percentage of Trump voters are in the KKK? About half maybe?

wake up indeed.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

What difference does that make? Donald Trump's campaign, did in fact, provide a "safe space", sanctuary and a voice for bigots, and generally deplorable people of all kinds, not just members of the KKK. It doesn't matter how many or what percentages existed of what kinds of groups of people with hate based agendas, they found a home in Trump's campaign.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yes, that is the case. And Trump was quick to say they weren't welcome. But you all forget that part. I understand. It's really hard to push a narrative when the fact get in the way. But with as much dishonesty that exists on your group, you should have no problem lying your way out of this one too.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Yes, that is the case. And Trump was quick to say they weren't welcome. But you all forget that part.

I didn't forget it, because he most certainly did not! He defended all kinds of bigotry and encouraged them with his rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Yes, that is the case. And Trump was quick to say they weren't welcome. But you all forget that part.

I didn't forget it, because he most certainly did not! He defended all kinds of bigotry and encouraged them with his rhetoric.

I'd say you can't be this stupid, but I really do think that's not true at all.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

That's it? That's all you got? After Trump's consistent bigoted rhetoric, attacks and insults against women, LGBTQ, Muslims, Mexicans, veterans and their families, the press.........that's all you got...... "Trump denounces David Duke"?

Pfffft.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

That's it? That's all you got? After Trump's consistent bigoted rhetoric, attacks and insults against women, LGBTQ, Muslims, Mexicans, veterans and their families, the press.........that's all you got...... "Trump denounces David Duke"?

Pfffft.

Yea, I was right. You aren't even smart enough to remember what you posted.

What difference does that make? Donald Trump's campaign, did in fact, provide a "safe space", sanctuary and a voice for bigots, and generally deplorable people of all kinds, not just members of the KKK. It doesn't matter how many or what percentages existed of what kinds of groups of people with hate based agendas, they found a home in Trump's campaign.

KKK.

Read that link again. Does it mention the KKK? You sure did.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

wake up indeed.

Don't you think being endorsed by the Klan might be a red flag?
edit on 5-1-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

wake up indeed.

Don't you think being endorsed by the Klan might be a red flag?

I suppose if he asked for it, but he clearly didn't, and even said as much in the article I posted. What if a clan member liked you, would that make you a racist?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Just curious when the rest of us can have the front page of ATS back? This political bickering is getting really old, and is hardly conspiracy news...

(But go ahead, 3,2,1...)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Like you haven't seen that BS fallacious argument put to rest 150 times in this site alone. Effing pathetic!!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Like you haven't seen that BS fallacious argument put to rest 150 times in this site alone. Effing pathetic!!!!

The folks in "camp left" depend on fallacious arguments to survive. Without fallacy they simply have no argument.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Maybe they can't be prosecuted,
But they can be boycotted!!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Please explain why the argument is fallacious. Unions endorsed Clinton. Does that make her anti-organized labor?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The MSM need to held accountable. I'm sure the founding fathers of the USA did not mean free speech means manipulation and lying.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerraHuman
The MSM need to held accountable. I'm sure the founding fathers of the USA did not mean free speech means manipulation and lying.

Absolutely the media should be held accountable. If one of the Founders libeled another, they would duel to the death like Hamilton and Burr. I think Trump should challenge the CEO of CNN to a duel. The only other options I see are personal lawsuits for libel; otherwise, free speech is protected.

I know you don't like it when other people say things you don't like, but there's a reason why they put free speech in the First Amendment and guns only in the Second. Words are more powerful than guns. Russia managed to conquer the United States without ever firing a shot. All they did was manipulate people's minds with false words and images.

If you want to punish the media for what they say, you can boycott the products they advertise. If you want the government to punish them, that's censorship. Are you advocating censorship like the "libtards" who are raising a fuss about "fake news?"

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerraHuman

Absolutely the media should be held accountable. If one of the Founders libeled another, they would duel to the death like Hamilton and Burr. I think Trump should challenge the CEO of CNN to a duel. The only other options I see are personal lawsuits for libel; otherwise, free speech is protected.

I know you don't like it when other people say things you don't like, but there's a reason why they put free speech in the First Amendment and guns only in the Second. Words are more powerful than guns. Russia managed to conquer the United States without ever firing a shot. All they did was manipulate people's minds with false words and images.

If you want to punish the media for what they say, you can boycott the products they advertise. If you want the government to punish them, that's censorship. Are you advocating censorship like the "libtards" who are raising a fuss about "fake news?"

Alternatively Trump could completely exclude CNN from all news conferences and briefings and leave their representatives out of the official press pool that travels with the President.
That would be a fair response, given CNN's inability to report accurately and fairly to the American people.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Of course not. But lying and manipulation needs to be punished.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join