It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the MSM be punished for their "election tampering"?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: network dude

Knowing that is 100% factual,

We know nothing of the kind. The media didn't steal DNC emails and post them on WikiLeaks.

In fact, the media gave Donald Trump millions in "free advertising", taking his on air phone calls, reporting on anything and everything he did and said, non-stop, for 18 months. He was entertaining, and no one took him seriously, until the very end, when the "liberal media" started calling him out on lies and asking tough questions, which is what they should have been doing from the start.

Donald Trump owes his win to the "liberal media".

Listen to this BS. They cover the news, a candidate and call it free advertising. Truth is they had to cover it or their blatant leanings would have been very clear. Cant run a propaganda program like that. Trump hung them on their own petard. Plus they are so fat headed they figured they were the ones giving Don enough rope......here Don have some free rope.

Besides was Hillary not getting free advertising as well? Screw these press outlets.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

They cover the news, a candidate and call it free advertising. Truth is they had to cover it or their blatant leanings would have been very clear.

Did you know Ben Carson was running for President? You would never have known given how little air time he got during the primaries compared to Trump. Did you know that Jeb Bush was running? If you did, it was because the press reported on how awful another Clinton-Bush election would be. Did you know there was a guy named Johnson running? If you did, it was because he didn't know where Aleppo was in an interview. Did you know there was a Stein running? If you did, it is because of what she did after the election. President Elect Trump is literally (still) a contract player for NBC. The media bent over backwards to portray him as the "underdog." Trump won by being the "reality show candidate."
edit on 2-1-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Did you know Ben Carson was running for President? You would never have known given how little air time he got during the primaries compared to Trump. Did you know that Jeb Bush was running? If you did, it was because the press reported on how awful another Clinton-Bush election would be. Did you know there was a guy named Johnson running? If you did, it was because he didn't know where Aleppo was in an interview. Did you know there was a Stein running? If you did, it is because of what she did after the election. President Elect Trump is literally (still) a contract player for NBC. The media bent over backwards to portray him as the "underdog." Trump won by being the "reality show candidate."

Clinton amassed millions more votes. How does that factor in to your silly theory?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

They had to drown out Carson. Count have him screwing up the republican racist narrative they were spinning. Besides they could have covered Carson if the wanted to......but they really didn't want to.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Clinton amassed millions more votes. How does that factor in to your silly theory?

Clinton amassed more votes in states where people read newspapers. Trump won in areas where people rely on television and the internet for information. Interesting coincidence?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Not really. 90% of the coverage on all those mediums were negative towards Trump.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Not really. 90% of the coverage on all those mediums were negative towards Trump.

Airing what a candidate actually says is not "negative coverage." His racism, misogyny, and bullying are what appealed to his base. Leaked documents reveal that was the campaign's strategy:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why wasn't more made of this leak?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

That's the exact same thing the media says. Strange coincidence?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

They had to drown out Carson.

LOL, Yeah, that's what happened to Ben Carson. They had to drown out his loud and enthusiastic voice. LOL

edit on 2-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Trump’s campaign strategy during the 2016 primary season specifically targeted voters who “have been called ‘stupid,’ ‘racists,’ and ‘bigots'” by “elites,” according to the memo.

You do realize that the SJW obsessed Ruling Establishment has labelled all non-SJW's all of that plus a whole lot more words along those lines (you know what words I'm talking about, dontcha).

Anyone not PC is been all but officially declared as certifiable of all of that, as well as anyone against Obama, Hillary, their wars they started like in Syria, along with thing like multinational corporatist "Globalism" (that the left absolutely worships nowadays).

Why am I asking? Of course you realize that but you get off on demagoguing the forums with all of your efforts no matter how wrong the side of truth you are on.
edit on 2-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Why am I asking? Of course you realize that but you get off on demagoguing the forums with all of your efforts no matter had wrong the side of truth you are on.

Fortunately, being in the Mud Pit allows me to make the only possible response that you can understand: I'm made of rubber, you're made of glue. What bounces off me, just sticks to you.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The media is saying they should cover the Trump campaign strategy more?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Every time I turned on CNN, they had a pro-Trump team arguing with a pro-Hillary team.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

Every time I turned on CNN, they had a pro-Trump team arguing with a pro-Hillary team.

Are you saying the media was not portraying Trump in a negative way ?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well, I didn't say that. But in my opinion, making Trump look good would have required outrageous bias. Trump made himself look bad, and the media played it up because it was good for ratings.

I did, however, see plenty of people saying good things about Trump on CNN. They had paid Trump shills on that channel, arguing with paid Hillary shills.

edit on 2-1-2017 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Morning Joe Scarborough sure didn't! None of the big names at Fox News did either!

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

They covered it enough, but in a way that has had an obvious effect, even now. Racist, sexist and mysoginist campaign that appealed to his base? That's what the media said. It appears this coverage appealed to you more than his voters.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Any other examples, or just the one? Over 90% of the coverage of Trump was negative.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Here in OZ i did not see any positive Trump advertising it was all negative, a lot of it just made him out to be the worlds biggest joke, Our prime minister had to scramble and get trumps number from an Australian sportsman ....

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

They covered it enough, but in a way that has had an obvious effect, even now. Racist, sexist and mysoginist campaign that appealed to his base? That's what the media said. It appears this coverage appealed to you more than his voters.

You didn't click on the link, did you? Here, let me help you with your poor research skills:

Source. [Emphasis mine. --DJW001]

Yes, they actually use the phrase "safe space." Comedic gold. Why did the media pay more attention to the Podesta leak than to this one? As the Russians say: "We may never know the truth." But in any case, you can relax now. Now that you've outed yourself as a "Low P" voter, you can stop pretending to be smart.
edit on 3-1-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join