It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the MSM be punished for their "election tampering"?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: banjobrain

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Greggers

Define FAKE news.

So far what you have done is insinuated that political spin is FAKE news. Or is is misinterpretations are FAKE? That's a real bitch for your 'lets censor the internet agenda'.

As if I'd ever insist the the mere existence of a forums thread is PROOF for a conspiracy / whatever. This is you conflating, literally moving the goalposts, and then turning around and telling me I'm moving the goalposts!

Your "ONLY claim in this thread"? On the last page you exclaimed that I went around promoting the misinterpreted poll, and I do believe the insinuating was that I went around doing it even after finding out it wasn't. That was FALSE, it was LIE. BUSTED. Now on the next page it never happened though, right? You're doing precisely what you're declaring I was doing when I was not.

And then your second example you made it out like I've been marching across the site arguing that public/private thing, as if it's even something.

Keep it coming I cant wait to hold you to all of this for as long as you're around.

This thread is fake news.

While bias is something that can be debated by reasonable people, there does seem to be a tendency among certain posters to distrust everything in the MSM while simultaneously swallowing the most outrageous lies that support their own biases.

edit on 31-12-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

People will say what they will but what it comes down to it Hillary took people for granted. She thought she had it in the bag. The MSM did their best to help her along, but to no avail. She couldn't even win with a stacked deck. Maybe she should of looked at her cards before she went all in.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Yes they should be. Because they gave him over three billion dollars worth of free air time. Equal airtime should be given to both candidates.

There is no way to deny the MSM was full on for Hillary and the only thing the did that was pro Trump was to give him airtime when he did or said something they deemed "stupid".

Yeah right and I have some oceanfront property for sale in Nevada real cheap.

Are you saying they weren't for Hillary??!

Also, the focus on him may have been due to the "pied piper" strategy outlined in some of the Podesta emails, where it was explicitly stated that they would try to get the media to spotlight extreme candidates to be easy straw man candidates. Trump was on the list...

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
Define FAKE news.

News which is demonstrably false with merely a modicum of research.

Which to you guys is anything and everything that doesn't fit your self-deluded ideal reality, meaning if you guys get your way all the non-liberal world is SILENCED.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Define FAKE news.

News which is demonstrably false with merely a modicum of research.

Which to you guys is anything and everything that doesn't fit your self-deluded ideal reality, meaning if you guys get your way all the non-liberal world is SILENCED.

You're making stuff up again.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
As a strong Bernie supporter, it was obvious from the start of the Democratic primaries that MSM colluded to deny him a level playing field. For many months, Bernie Sanders got no media coverage whatsoever. Only when the movement of Our Revolution gained momentum could MSM no longer ignore Bernie Sanders, around the time of the first debates. Then MSM switched gears to repeatedly cast Hillary in a glowing light while doing its best to bash Bernie though there was no real dirt to ever throw. Meanwhile, the media kept up its diversionary sideshow painting Trump as the nouveau savior. Only when the DNC, Hillary, and MSM successfully colluded to deny Bernie Sanders his rightful nomination did the MSM pull a hard 180 to repeatedly bash Trump. Of course, MSM stepped up its campaign to ram Hillary down America's throat as it bashed Trump. As said, this process of de facto election rigging was plain to see but ignored; thus it was particularly satisfying when the DNC emails were leaked, proving that the primaries were rigged in favor of Hillary. The blame cast on Russia for the leaks are but a feeble attempt to misdirect the public from the real story, the truth that Hillary cheated to win the nomination.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So you feel you are more qualified than the Central Intelligence Agency to investigate international espionage with respect to America's interests abroad. Interesting.

What about the FBI or NSA?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

This isn't about me knowing better about foreign affairs than they do, it's about them being the LEAST credible source of news information imaginable.

The CIA are international LIARS whose business is going around and overthrowing governments and starting civil wars like in Syria, whom fund and train and equip Al Qaeda and ISIS. It's a band of traitors whom work for Wall Street against the world irrespectful for the American people and OUR interests &values.

The FBI and NSA, of lot of ugly and corruption and unconstitutional (criminal) activities comes from their large organizations too (the NSA of particular note), across the decades, but last I heard they aren't responsible for both the formation and rise of ISIS, which flowed from the formation and rise of Al Qaeda which they were also responsible for, both of which are now "competing" imperialistic regional superpowers the combination of the CIA & Al Qaeda & ISIS is responsible for millions of deaths and tens of millions of lives ruined just in the past decade in the Middle East alone.
edit on 1-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

So where what sources do you trust?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

That's a great "Yo Mama!", LOL.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I dont know that I exactly trust any source, but that's not to say that truth CANT be found in any source. The problem is getting the whole truth, and perhaps the bigger issue is things rarely ever being put into the proper perspective (when its the MSM in question).

Answering whom not to trust can be summed up like this: C-I-A. Sure, not everybody in the CIA is involved in being treasonous traitorous Al Qaeda fund managers, and international drug pipeline maintainers, but pretty much anybody working there with half a clue has to know all about that kind of stuff being what truly define the organization. This perspective here you'll never have put into proper terms in the MSM, not even when they actually do report it.
edit on 1-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

If you're really interested in understanding how the media, the military, and so on lie as one I highly recommend the following two documentaries (which are NOT made by right wingers btw)... they help you understand how to read between the lies:

Manufacturing Consent - Noam Chomsky and the Media

War Made Easy - How Presidents and Pundits Keep Spinning Us To Death

and so on:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Can the MSM be punished for their "election tampering"?

They sure as hell should be.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

So you feel you are more qualified than the Central Intelligence Agency to investigate international espionage with respect to America's interests abroad. Interesting.

What about the FBI or NSA?

Bay of tonka (vietnam) big farce , WMD's in iraq, big lie, bengazhi, massive BS, Watergate, bay of pigs, Snowden proving they are spying on the world brreeaching privacy and international law (once again), including foreign and local politicians ... need i go on ?

Nobody with a clear mind should ever trust those agencies, they control the media and they control entire countries through their deceit of you , me and the entire world. Anyone dumb enough to trust them deserves no truth.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dudeThere is no way to deny the MSM was full on for Hillary and the only thing the did that was pro Trump was to give him airtime when he did or said something they deemed "stupid".

Trump said lots of stupid stuff, so got an unprecedented amount of free air-time.

Hell, CNN had two pro-Trump people blathering away nearly every time I turned on their channel. Along with two Pro-Hillary people arguing with them. CNN didn't give two craps who got elected -- they cared about their ratings.

Oh is that so. You might want to view the following:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Nobody with a clear mind should ever trust those agencies, they control the media and they control entire countries through their deceit of you , me and the entire world. Anyone dumb enough to trust them deserves no truth.

That goes double for the KGB. Who do you trust? What methods do you use to determine the most probable truth?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

It goes DOUBLE SO for the KGB? What is this, Kindergarten?

To answer your question:
My own experience, logic, reasoning and awareness, instincts, keeping my eyes and mind open to anything i approach before i decide and not let the MSM/CIA/NSA make up my mind for me. Trusting the MSM/CIA/NSA comes last, in fact, trusting my own experience, logic, reasoning and awareness led me to this glaringly obvious conclusion but they have their use.

At anytime i see any of them trying very hard to suppress, deny or discredit certain information it gives me a heads up too question it and investigate exactly that even further instead of dismissing it like they would prefer me to do. I trust ME first and i wont limit myself to just one source and most certainly not to them.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: network dude
There is no way to deny the MSM was full on for Hillary and the only thing the did that was pro Trump was to give him airtime when he did or said something they deemed "stupid".

Knowing that is 100% factual, isn't that a much more direct influence to the public than Russia releasing leaked DNC e-mails? (If they really did)

Obama has already started down this slippery slope by making this such a yuge deal. I'm not a smart man, but I know what bull# is.

the MSM cuts through all the BS being put out by the right......can't wait for the MSM to start picking apart every little thing that goes wrong with this REPUBLICAN controlled government...every little thing possible, and keep putting it on air day after day, over and over.....

Yea, it will be like reading an ATS thread and then cringing when I see your name, knowing an ignorant post awaits. happy times.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

That goes double for the KGB. Who do you trust? What methods do you use to determine the most probable truth?

If I read between the lines in your post, do you fully trust the US government to tell you the full truth?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: DJW001

If I read between the lines in your post, do you fully trust the US government to tell you the full truth?

Of course not! That's why I use critical thinking and multiple sources. Anyone who automatically rejects everything the United States government or western media says while believing what other sources say cannot form a proper opinion. As Doctor House says: "Everybody lies."

new topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join